Rain experiment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trollray, May 3, 2014.

1. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

To be honest, its sad. I mean when rF1 was at its peak, all that was missing was basically a good weather simulation. One of the key features of rF2 was / is a proper weather simulation and real road, but in my opionion its just not usable at all.

As far as i know ( correct me on that if i'm wrong ), the rubbered in parts of the track don't get any more slippery than the rest of the track when wet. That completely denies the use of a proper wet line to find maximum grip. Also, no use to choose between inters or wets as of now, because no aquaplaning is implemented yet.

I hope that those key things will be adressed soon, but with the current pace of development, i think its still a while away.

Probably doesn't sound like it, but i really love rF2. I didn't want to go on any sort of rant or anything, but at the moment it just feels as if rF2 is at a complete stand still. I know we got 64 bit and thats great, really is. Yet, after 2 1/2 years since the first beta was released, i thought rF2 would be way further in development.

I know it takes time to build a quality product, but its really getting out of hand. The other products on the market seem to have a much higher pace of dealing with things, and i really fear that rF2 development is taking so long that for example its graphics engine will be so outdated eventually that not alot of folks will bother trying it.

If it would speed things up, why not raise money through some sort of kickstarter-like idea where the community can chime in with a few bucks and ISI will be able to afford another programmer or whatever is needed to pick up on development pace? I would be happy to help!

2. Rik

Rik Registered

if I understood the ISI's philosophy. they will never take other people to develop their code. ISI team is like a craftsman of excellence. Their software is a unique piece of art. The only downside is that this philosophy takes longer. I think the comparison is correct. I prefer the handmade excellence instead of industrial production.
    so ISI take your time! :D and the current build already provides a great simulation. the best!

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Aquaplanning is not implemented as you say. I didn't understand that from lubrication.

The problem that in grass, although friction force is much less than in asphalt it heats up the tire as much would be perfectly accounted if heat generation would be proportional to friction force, as it should be. You do not need any factor to compensate anything if the used formulas are OK.

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Kickstarter is cool for a one or two man show but for a team like ISI who has been in business for 20+ years, not so much. Throwing money at software won't speed up development or make things better. Anyway, have you guys peeked at popular sim racing sites like vR? ISI gets absolutely hammered there, and a kickstarter campaign would spark a vR article starting with "ISI soon to go broke". I'm still waiting for simraceway to go broke because according to Rob Prange there were on the brink two years ago.

I don't see anybody developing at a higher pace. People have their rose coloured glasses on too much of the time. I know the king of sims right now assetto corsa was supposed to been released more than two years ago but nobody mentions that because well, it's assetto corsa. Just speak facts as facts. iRacing for instance has Jon Henry behind them and how fast do they develop game features? Yes they pump out content like crazy but I'm talking game features.

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Who gives a dam about VR? I mean VAC ?
    I find it not the worst solution to kickstarter a certain project like
    a laser-scanned Nordschleife, as we know there are lot´s of people around here
    who would pay more for a better rF2.