Race Rejoins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

I had a DC last week. I can get back in the game but it says i need to wait for an open session :p

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Rejoins are disabled by default. Ask your admin to enable them. Otherwise it will just put you in the queue waiting for the next session.

3. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Thanks Noel. Had a couple of DCs from my guys the last race but were unable to rejoin (wait for open session).
    Then after the race ive checked the .json and rejoin is on 0. Strange that ive set it to 1 last time. I think its probably because ive just updated the server to the latest build before the race. We will try again this week

4. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

A rejoin option keeping the damage is the core of future endurance events. Currently leagues are forced to make the events in practice because of the lack of rejoin options. I hope this option works well to make endurance races more realistic.

5. You did not read the thread did you? Rejoin is possible and is used with great success. If you crash your car, the damage will be there when you rejoin. Simple as that. So no, leagues are not (and honestly never had been forced) to run in practice mode.
    VEC (aka ERL in rf1) has never hosted a race in practice mode.
    Simply configure the server so people will be able to rejoin (2) and that's about it... Well then drivers will have to learn how to rejoin...

6. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I'm not saying that the rejoin isn't working, I'm saying that most of the league don't use it. Don't know exactly why, but I assume it is because the rejoing is not working well.

And I don't care how VEC run their races, there drivers are treated bad.

7. Miro

Miro Registered

Meh, nonsense. You get treated accordingly to your behaviour, simple as that. If you ignore rules you get punished.
    Not a hard concept to grasp somehow.

And they run their league pretty good I have to add. Almost no problems at all, no lag, no crap, nothing , nada.
    Awesome league. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
  8. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Punishment? I left before starting a race there after I saw how the drivers were treated.

9. Miro

Miro Registered

Punishment AKA penalty.
    I have no idea what you are talking about really.
    Of course, if you are on the touchy side of the souls then I can comprehend your perception but then again ...man up, it's endurance racing.

10. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

There must be ALOT of masochistic simracers then, haha :rolleyes:

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Oh so you like those anarchy leagues where rules are just guidelines and the admins cave on every request to bend/change rules or give free passes for breaking rules?

Anyways, rejoin has been working fine for us. There have been some problems on a build here and there, this is why VEC stayed on build 798 for so long. It's working fine on 910 though.

12. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Did my first succesful rejoin ysterday. Ctr+alt+del and force rf2 to stop but the launcher still there. rejoined with fresh car :)

13. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Where I'm saying that?

All the leagues where I drove, the races were run in practice with their particular rules. I would like to drive with rejoin on next events if it work properly. Time will say

14. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Every endurance championship we´ve made in rfactor 1 (and were a couple of them) were made in race session. In around 30 endurance races (between champs and special events) we had like 3 or 4 disconnected teams. We´ve made several 4h, 6h, 8h races with not only one disconnect. Obvious is a PITA when a team disconnect after 1 month of training and 3 hours of race but we allways prefered the race session with all the features enabled (times, flags, etc) instead of that crazy re-joins plugins.
    I understand the need of it but we personally follow other way. We´ve even made a "red flag" procedure where when a team disconnects the organization analize the issue and if it is declared a disconnection then all teams receive a red flag, pratice, team rejoin, race restart (like a red flag in real racing).
    Anyway thats not the thread topic.
    We´ve been using re-join in rf2 this last build and everything seems to be ok. When a team disconnects it can rejoin simply joining server again. Its a huge step not only in obvious endurance races but also in minor ones like 1h or 1h:30m races.

Actual problems in rf2 rejoins seems to me that are server-side configuration. If people try to rejoin in a rejoins-not-allowed server than they simply cant. Also its possible to configure if the car rejoins in same physical state or a fresh one.

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

VEC enforces the rules. That is all. So if you don't like rules then I assume you like the scenario I described in my post.

I recall someone joining VEC and then telling the admins they needed to run in a practice session and they just wouldn't not accept no for an answer. Was this you? We have been running race sessions for several years. Sure there have been discos. But not on the large scale that people make it sound like. In rF2 with the rejoin feature it makes even less sense to run in a practice session. Rejoin could use some extra work. Marcel (the creator of one of the race in practice session plugins) has laid out some really nice suggestions for improving the rejoin feature. I'm sure it will continue to improve. But even in it's current state it is totally useable.

16. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Not that I've run endurance events yet but people have used the rejoin feature plenty, without complaint in our races.

17. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

A year ago I subscribed to VEC for a 24hs event at Le Mans because VEC asked for drivers. Some friends and I created a team and we made all the necessary tests, but then we were treated as unnecessary customers. So, that's all for my with VEC.

About the rejoin, I hope it work well from now.