[WIP] Race Engineer (Spotter) plugin for rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Other' started by cosimo, Mar 19, 2014.

1. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

2. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Gerald some nice work going on with new version well done. Issues with sound seems a bit odd not yet tried 1.0

With the new line included in the ini file I think TIC_green was actualy asking for something else.

enable=1 // set to 0 to disable the spotter

I think he was asking for an enable / disable feature for each individual rule.

I see now that the default event =copie file is no longer included. That is a shame because the Laptime event you helped me get working in Ver0.91(working perfectly thanks) started with me getting the needed event code out of the copie file.

If others are trying to make laptime work the event code is no longer available

Maybe you could have a spare directory with examples of code needed for all of the events with their matching rule and user could choose what they wanted by copy and paste

I also noticed in Ver0.91 that MyPlaceChanged event worked ok for advancing positions but did not work when going down positions. Will check with new version.

3. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Spotter Config

Gerald with RF1 I had this interface to use to config the spotter.

Something like this might help with the RF2 version

4. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

Looks like a fantastic idea if possible

5. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Hello,
    Sorry, i wasn't available yesterday to help those with sound problem.

Here my thought about the issue:
    - To fix it, until i change the way to set volume, you can edit the DefaultEvents.ini file and replace all "Volume=" by "// Volume=", indeed it is the only command who change the volume.
    oR
    - I think the reason for those who have no sound is in the player.JSON file. I look at the "Spotter Volume": and take the number just after that. Hre what i have in my case:
    Code:
    "Spotter Volume":1.0

I think those who have the volume reverted to 0 should have something like
    Code:
    "Spotter Volume":"1.0"

So if yes, remove those two double-quote around the number, reset your window mixer volume for rfactor and it should fix the issue. If you have the zero volume bug and you donc have double-quote, please provide me an extract of your player.JSON

Finally here the reason of the volume change: I use a method (doesn't know until some have trouble) who change volume of rF2 (the process where i run), if i set a volume at 100% it mean that the rF2 volume will be at 100% of the general mixer volume (so some can even detect the rF2 volume go loud as soon as the plugin run) and if you set/or the plugin find a volume of 0, then the rF2 volume in the mixer is set to 0% of general volume.
    -> I work immediatly to find another way to play WAV and control volume.
    Really sorry for the inconvenience, i did not detected it in my test, because in the my mixer, rF2 was at 100% of the general volume, so all worked as expected.

EDIT: Here a Spotter V1.1 who disable all action on volume. So Spotter sounds are played as is.

It is also implemented, you have an Enable parameter for ech individual Rule

I downloaded the dropbox version and copied the dll in my folders, and i see v1.0 in the chat. I think you missed something

It is the content of the ISI file. You can find it in the <rFactor2Data>\Installed\Commentary\Commentary\1.0\CommentaryEnglish-USA.mas. Take the only ini file in this mas (use <rFactor2Core>\Bin32\ModMgr.exe to open mas)

It is the avoiting behavior i defined in the event file
    Code:
     Variable=Substract,Input1,Input2
      {
        Value=(< 0) { // new place lower than previous place

Will see, as soon as spotter issues are fixed (but it is not so easy because my spotter is intended to be 100% customizable)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This is really getting ridiculous...

I tried the two tips about the defaultevent.ini and the player.json, but nothing works.
    I replaced all the instances of "Volume=" with "// Volume=".
    I don't have double quotation marks around the spotter volume in the JSON. Nothing makes sense.
    I have turned up the rF2 Windows mixer volume.

I also tried entering dev mode like someone suggested (the sound works here), but I still have absolutely no sound when I enter rF2 64 bit.

I have installed 1.1 of the Spotter which made no difference what so ever.

7. Gerald Jacobson

When you launch rF2 in windowed mode, you rF2 volume in the mixer is at 0% or no ? (it is the only reason i see to have no sound at all)

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

View attachment 14310

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

View attachment 14311

So what other rF2 files does the plug-in change?
    There has to be some original file that has been changed that I can revert back?

10. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

hexagramme is it possible that rf2 use a other sound device?mThere are some settings deeper in the mixer proberties where you can set the audio device.

11. Gerald Jacobson

The plugin does not modify any rF2 files.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You mean these settings?
    View attachment 14314

I have checked that the real sound device, my Edirol UA-25 external sound device, is set as being the standard device.

Also, when I mess about in the rF2 menu, I can see that the sim is putting out sound; there's green responses (is it called "oscillation"?) on the rF2 mixer.

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Then how come the problem remains when I remove the plug-in completely?
    And all other sound on my PC is fine?

Only rF2 in 64 bit mode is without sound. Everything else works perfectly.

14. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Number of effect seems very low. I use 40 normal is I think 32. What happen if you change it back to 32?

15. Gerald Jacobson

No idea. The only thing the plugin made before v1.1 is to change rf2 volume in mixer

16. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

yes that was what I mean. Very strange if you see some response but can hear it.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I just changed it to 32, no change.

To those who missed it, all sound is still working if I start up rF2 in 32 bit mode.
    I just don't understand this at all....

18. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

did you have a second sound device like a onboard audio card or something similar for testing if changing to a other audio device bring back the sound ?

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I just tried switching to this:
    View attachment 14315
    Now I have sound coming out of my flat screen monitor???

Edit:
    YEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!! Euraka and all that good stuff! :):):)
    I reinstalled the drivers for my Edirol sound device and voila I have all sound return in 64 bit mode!

Thank you to no end Alpha, for steering me unto thinking that it could be a sound device problem.

Quite absurd what could have caused my sound device to do that, the very second the Spotter plug-in loaded??

20. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Still catching up but had to share that my son was cracking up at the "tires need to be wormer in the video. Worm is something that lives in soil and is pronounced "werm" wArm is warm like not cold.

Anyway thanks for this and all your amazing work, Gerald.

It'll be great if someone can package up all this magic with voice recognition, etc. in one big zip file some day. Or even if someone can have something that is close to having all generally acceptable rules implemented or a complete set of rules that are all working as suspect it is easier to delete/edit than it is to add.

Anyway thanks again :)