Released Race Against Content You Don't Own

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

That was one of the best decisions you guys ever made.
    I hope your math works out!

schwalli, Joao Ayres and GeraArg like this.
  3. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

i saw complaints about this all over internet, this will give significant boost to reputation of RF2.

Joao Ayres likes this.
  4. I really appreciate this because it will solve most multiplayer "server join" problems hopefully, but how will it affect dedicated server? It would be pretty helpful if serverkey generation will be not necessary any longer ...

Joao Ayres and elgagon like this.
  5. Robert Pastor

Robert Pastor Registered

It's a hard topic. Fantastic news for us, but it could have an impact on the Studio397 profit. I wish the team an increase in profits because it makes it easier to develop and create new content that everyone wants. For this decision a tribute to the team.

6. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

So can we also have a confirmation, that if there is a season running in the CS but you don't own all the tracks, you can still sign up and race the weeks for tracks you do own? And that this won't require you to install tracks you don't want to own?

7. It will for the time being be needed yes - as that is a totally different thing, which is not related to being able to drive but own content.

8. dav_0075

dav_0075 Registered

I don't think that's a problem for profits. This should attract new players as well as casual players and silence some grumpy people. On the other hand, if studio 397 continues to offer us superb quality content and judicious choices in content, there is no reason. quality always pays off! at the moment there are only two real simulations on the market it is enough to better than the competitor to win .... you have to give the impression that it is a finished game but in perpetual evolution for deliver the best there is...consistent online multiplayer of offline championships. Only official liveries a Hub worthy of the name with the main information etc etc...Quality always ends up paying and being recognized...developing and exploiting the licenses purchased thoroughly and quickly...it's a lot a lot too long .... we have been waiting for too many years to develop indycar, imsa and nascar for the American ""public"" in particular the wec, the btcc and gt3 and all the major European circuits for europe how to explain that in 2023 there is no iberian laser scan circuit ditto for france except le mans and germany (nurburgring) while this constitutes the largest part of european customers and finally the asia / oceania with the super gt 300 or better 500 the v8 new generation supercars with batrust philip island suzuka fuji etc ... studio 397 we have to do it faster it's too long and people get tired of waiting

9. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Agree. I always bought content to have it, and never to race against it.

10. This will require you to install tracks that are not installed.

theother5 likes this.
  11. Also a small update on this, just had a word with a dev. Serverkeys are required ONCE, you do not need to own all content at all. So you need to generate the key, but that is it.

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  12. elgagon

elgagon Registered

I think that i don't understand, sorry.
    If the server admin doesn't own all the content included in the rfmod, is his key valid?

13. instinkt

instinkt Registered

I understand it more like download all dlc content with that new feature to generate key for all content

Deleted member 58016 and elgagon like this.
  14. elgagon

elgagon Registered

If anyone can create a key with content that on't own, what's the purpose of the key in the server now?

15. instinkt

instinkt Registered

because that's how it works since beginning and they didn't touched this part of the "problem"

16. elgagon

elgagon Registered

I think the same.
    We'll see if they remove the need of the key in the server.

17. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

I have not bought new content since a while (latest was 2020 I think), but thanks to this added ability to race offline against cars you do not own, I will buy the upcoming Q1 pack.
    It will provide me the Honda Civic and the ability to run against a full grid of BTCC cars.
    After that, I do not exclude to buy some of the 2022 content.
    So yes, the ability to race content you do not own (and other advancements) was definitely a huge incentive for planning to buy content again.

18. The dedicated server is not getting a full re-write nor is the modmanager and those need the serverkeys. I agree, if there were no need for it it would be easier. But for now it simply needs it.

Deleted member 58016 and elgagon like this.
  19. elgagon

elgagon Registered

OK, i understand.
    Thank you.

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

First exposure to the EX Rocco....a car I do not own...Holy Crap Batman! That thing is fast!