Push 2 Pass

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Lazza, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

We're in the modding section. I don't have the car, if you want to paste in the entries from the upgrades file we could maybe test them, but not having the HDV available could (possibly?) obscure things.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ok, there are presets for each track in the Car Customize page. For example, the Default is 150 seconds, but when you select Mid Ohio, the number of seconds increases to 200. So we have to preselect the track restriction at the customize screen BEFORE loading the track.
    However, even with 200 seconds, the P2P stopped working at 100 seconds. It makes me wonder if there is a pre-set number of times the P2P can be used. And the issue about P2P lasting 20 seconds still seems to be occurring. I could push P2p as I entered the short start/finish straight, brake for Turn1 and continue to use P2p (without further pushing of the button) up the hill to the Keyhole turn. It would expire just about the exit of the keyhole, when I could then reactivate P2P down the backstraight, past heavy braking for the right hander and the series of uphill/downhill lefts & rights beyond that.
    I opened the car-upgrade mas file and all I saw were graphic and driver files for all the Indycars. Not sure where to look for the actual upgrade file.

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Yes, there was a bug with the Indycar, it'll be updated soon.

Lars likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Does the FPro have P2P already? Because your settings there aren't specifying a type (mixture/turbo), or the value of either of those to use, for the P2P.

And, without the engine mixture/boost range set up correctly in the engine file it won't work anyway.

If you've tested and have a performance increase when activating it, then cool, but if an engine/mod isn't set up for it you can get no effect or unwanted effects (less power when you want more, heating issues, reliability issues, ...)

5. Flipo

Flipo Registered

FPRO 1.18 and 1.19 already brings an Extra Engine Mixture after num.6 with the name of P2P.
    we have left those original parameters to use and we have only modified the times in the HDV.
    It is true that we noticed little extra power when activated, but of course, there is no information available on how it works in the FPro.

HDV=[PUSH2PASS]
    HDV=Push2PassActivateThrottleThreshold=1
    HDV=Push2PassDeactivateThrottleThreshold=1
    HDV=Push2PassAllowManualDeactivation=1
    HDV=Push2PassMaxUses=-1
    HDV=Push2PassTimePerPush=6
    HDV=Push2PassMaxTime=200
    HDV=Push2PassActivationsPerLap=3
    HDV=Push2PassInRace=1
    HDV=Push2PassInQuali=1
    HDV=Push2PassInWarmup=1
    HDV=Push2PassInPractice=1
    HDV=

We have not added these parameters so that you can use the default FPro ones.
    I still don't know if it's correct.
    HDV=Push2PassType=0 // 0 = mixture map. 1 = turbo
    HDV = Push2PassEngineMap = 0
    https://ibb.co/j6zdjzX
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    Lazza likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Registered

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

8. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

The new hybrid system on the 2022 BTCC cars include a maximum of P2P of 15 seconds per lap, but it's not in the upgrade.ini so I had no way of knowing what the parameter is.

Based on an educated guess, I tried "Push2PassTimePerLap=30" and it worked!

Setting that I tried:
    [PUSH2PASS]
    Push2PassType=0
    Push2PassEngineMap=1
    Push2PassBoostMap=0
    Push2PassHybridMap=0
    Push2PassMaxTime=1350
    Push2PassTimePerPush=0
    Push2PassTimePerLap=30
    Push2PassHoldButton=0
    Push2PassMaxUses=-1
    Push2PassThrottleRequired=1
    Push2PassAllowManualDeactivation=1
    Push2PassActivateThrottleThreshold=0.60
    Push2PassDeactivateThrottleThreshold=0.59
    Push2PassMinStartSpeedKPH=-1.0
    Push2PassActivationsPerLap=0
    Push2PassInPractice=1
    Push2PassInQuali=0
    Push2PassInWarmup=1
    Push2PassInRace=1

[ENGINEMIXTURELIMITS]
    PracticeLimit=1
    QualifyingLimit=1
    WarmupLimit=0
    RaceLimit=0

When activated and deactivated, it shows seconds remaining for the lap and total in the Message Center.
    P2P remaining.jpg

Ricardo Diz, Lazza and Levelup1 like this.
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Thanks Bill! I do need to update the first post, I hadn't added in any new parameters yet, either the newly documented ones or the 'hidden' ones.

One thing probably worth mentioning (here, and in the first post when I edit it) is that basically all parameters should be in there when editing a vehicle/upgrade. Trying to only enter the lines you'll need might not have the intended consequences (and from at least one report, definitely won't work in the case of the session restrictions)

*Updated first post

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
  10. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Hello all,
    I wanted to know if there is a way to use P2P continuously without using buttons ?
    On Indycar IR18, i want to have full power all the time. i know one way of doing this is to just tweak engine power multiplier to get similar HP as P2P , BUT doing so fuel consumption won't change i believe.
    i want to get P2P additional power with all of its consequences to engine like fuel consumption , temperature , wear ....etc
    iirc P2P seems to affect fuel consumption when activated , probably it affects other engine related things too, so i thought this was best possible way to get job done with minimum tweaking needed
    OR i have to go with engine power multiplier , along with other parameters.
    so what you guys recommend ?

11. redapg

redapg Registered

I would say follow the Saying "Nomen est Omen" which in your Case, with the Name "Simulation_Player", means use it as it is. ;)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
  12. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

haha, why yes....maximum simulation is the goal or atleast a good enough will do for me.