Push 2 Pass

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Lazza, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is that because you need the hold functionality?

2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Not really. Due to the way rF1 and rF2 had faked their P2P, the P2P setting is a selectable Turbo setting 2. So essentially, you could run that setting the whole time. Being able to have that setting as only workable with the button would help immensely.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, so you can't achieve that using the above?

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Registered

I was going to say - I think this new P2P functionality does that, you'd have to have the engine file only allow 1 selectable option but use the next one up, while unselectable, as the 2nd boost option. So something like this in the engine.ini:
    Code:
    EngineBoostRange=(0, 1, 1)
    EngineBoostSetting=0

BoostTurboPressure=(186325,20000)
    would give you a "base" boost of 1.86 bar, with .2 extra available as push to pass, with [PUSH2PASS] HDV entries Push2PassBoostMap=1 and Push2PassType=1.

5. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

It sounded like you guys were still having issues. I'm away on a work trip, so I won't be able to look at it until I get back. But it would just be nice to have official documentation.

Cosmo likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, only issue is getting the hold to work. Everything else is fine. Note the max total time and per lap can be 0 to allow unlimited uses (either or both).

7. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Yep - that's how it seems.
    You can do P2P with NA engines in the same way - I've got one on the go with:

Code:
    EngineMixtureRange=(0.7,0.3,1)
    EngineMixtureSetting=0
    and...
    Code:
    [PUSH2PASS] //Added for SR4L LE
    Push2PassType=0 // Whether the push to pass alters the engine (0) or turbo (1) map.
    Push2PassEngineMap=1 // Which engine mixture map to use if PushToPassType=0.
    Originally, the Mixture without P2P was:

Code:
    EngineMixtureRange=(1,0,1)
    EngineMixtureSetting=0
    So what I've done is use Dev mode to get the engine power/torque with mixture values of 0.7 and the default (1) and work out a GeneraltPowerMult/GeneralTorqueMult figure so that the engine is back to its original performance with mixture = 0.7

...then, when the P2P enriches the mixture back to 1, you get a hefty (probably too much - but this was just a test really) punch.

8. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Anybody else having problems with their P2P in RC1128? The method I used above appears broken - the p2p time left button correctly reports that it is available, but it refuses to activate in RC.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It works for the IR18, but not the rFPro. I 'think' it should not even be included with the Pro, but who knows for certain.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

He's talking about implementing the system on his own car(s), not either of the DLC. Note the thread we're in.

@MileSeven I can't rule out stuffing something up somewhere with a quick test, but I think I'm doing the same thing I did originally and getting the same results as you - the status works but the activation isn't.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
    MileSeven likes this.
  11. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Thanks Lazza. I’ve yet to try it in the dev mode but suspect it’ll be the same but it might give more clues.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

OK, good point, just thought the reason for the rFPro not working might be the same. But you are correct, I was off topic.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@MileSeven looks like Push2PassHoldButton no longer resolves from boolean (true/false). Need to make it =0. 1 still doesn't appear to work.

I'll update the first post to reflect things found in this thread, to avoid confusion.

*checked a few more things, done editing now.

And yes, I should have switched to the 'known' format for things like Push2PassHoldButton when the upgrades entries were posted here. Still, I didn't expect the handling to change without warning :p

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
    MileSeven likes this.
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Latest RC update changes:

upload_2022-5-4_6-45-8.png

15. Flipo

Flipo Registered

I have this PUSH2PASS configuration for the Formula Pro and I don't know if it is correct, I don't see any boost or more consumption when using it, someone has a better configuration.
    thank you

• HDV=[PUSH2PASS]
    • HDV=Push2PassType=0
    • HDV = Push2PassEngineMap = 0
    • HDV=Push2PassThrottleRequired=0 .............."edit"
    • HDV=Push2PassMinStartSpeedKPH=5
    • HDV=Push2PassMaxUses=-1
    • HDV=Push2PassTimePerPush=10
    • HDV=Push2PassMaxTime=360
    • HDV=Push2PassActivationsPerLap=3
    • HDV=Push2PassInRace=1
    • HDV=Push2PassInQuali=1
    • HDV=Push2PassInWarmup=1
    • HDV=Push2PassInPractice=1

Last edited: May 10, 2022
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

See the post above yours, you may need to change the throttle line(s).

Please also avoid translating when pasting parameters, it can mess with them.

Flipo likes this.
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, only just remembered to come back to this.

Type=0 means you're using the engine Mixture map to implement the P2P. But then you have EngineMap=0 which means even if you activated P2P it won't change the mixture map from 0. So it won't do anything.

Note that to use different mixture maps there needs to be some difference in mixture maps configured. Off the top of my head I don't think you can edit those parameters via an upgrade, but I could be remembering wrong.

Flipo likes this.
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Updated first post in line with recent changes/discoveries:

- Separate Throttle activation/deactivation threshold lines
    - Can enable or disable the ability to deactivate P2P using the button (meaning you need to reach the deactivation throttle threshold or run out of time for it to deactivate)
    - HDV sections for separate engine mixture and boost setting limits per session type

One thing of note: failed activations (like not having enough throttle applied) no longer count towards your per-lap allowance.

Flipo likes this.
  19. Flipo

Flipo Registered

Thank you Lazza, it is appreciated that you are always there, for when someone needs help due to the little information that the S397 gives us when it performs updates.
    We now have this setup in our championship and it seems to work fine, although we don't know if we're getting the most out of this new Push2Psss for FPro.
    We have let it take some defaults that are in the FPro and adapted some to our championship. In our next race we will know if everything works well.
    Thank you

HDV=[PUSH2PASS]
    HDV=Push2PassActivateThrottleThreshold=1
    HDV=Push2PassDeactivateThrottleThreshold=1
    HDV=Push2PassAllowManualDeactivation=1
    HDV=Push2PassMaxUses=-1
    HDV=Push2PassTimePerPush=6
    HDV=Push2PassMaxTime=200
    HDV=Push2PassActivationsPerLap=3
    HDV=Push2PassInRace=1
    HDV=Push2PassInQuali=1
    HDV=Push2PassInWarmup=1
    HDV=Push2PassInPractice=1
    HDV=

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've tested at two tracks now, Portland & the VLM Mid Ohio. At both tracks the allowance is 150 seconds but it stops functioning with 30 seconds left. And I'm confused how it is supposed to turn off. For example, I hit P2P at the start of the Portland Main straight. But I don't get the message that P2P had turned off until I'm well past the first chicane and used the brakes, this consumes 20 seconds each use. This is with the IR 18 v1.43.