[REL] Proracing Dashboards and In-game widgets

Discussion in 'Other' started by B1K3R, Aug 9, 2015.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I did not change anything regarding the URL. Usually for it to work, you have to create a shortcut on your mobile and when you use that then it will open like a mobile app..

I will release next version sometime in the next weeks, until then you can use the staging as it has all the fixes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

10-4 now i remember i did that with dash also. Thnks Stefan have a nice weekend

3. jamieotis

jamieotis Registered

Hi Stefan,

I used the traced track map to get an idea of the scale and then made a png to fit. Works well enough for me.

I then made a little bookmarklet to load the png file.

Any chance as a stop-gap for the track map, could you add a little javascript button which simply prompts the user for a track map image and then replaces the SessionMap background?

My Track Map bookmarklet is: javascript: (function(){var%20map=prompt("Please%20enter%20trackmap");$('.SessionMap').css("background-image","url("%20+%20map%20+")");})();

[​IMG]

Jamie

4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Looks nice! :) I haven't touched that map code for many months and have to see what I had done....but I will promise you that I'll work on this next ;)

5. jamieotis

jamieotis Registered

Thanks Stefan. You rock.

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi all,

As you know, dash.proracing.club is currently being hosted on my server....so what if I tell you that you wont need this anymore...everything will be on your pc, and you wont even notice a thing, instead of typing http://dash.proracing.club in your web, you will type http://localhost:8080 (or any port you want!) or to access it from your device, it will be using your computer IP Address, like http://190.79.1.1:8080 or......you can enter an entry in a host file (I will then explain how) and have a custom address like http://mydash.com (or whatever the freken name you want!)

The only drawback is that every release I make to the web I'll have to make a new release and give it to you to install. Right now, you wont even notice that I made a fix to the web as I do it centrally on my server...

What will I benefit? I wont have to pay EUR 15 every month to host the app for your dirty ass! [​IMG]

What will you benefit? If a truck squashes me tomorrow while on my way to work on my bike, you wont even notice that I disappeared/died and the app will work forever! Otherwise, my wife will surely not pay the server and the app stops working...

Would this appeal to you? So what you say?

7. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I don't understand all you say right now but what i do understand is you save EUR 15 a month by doing this so i would say go for it but please explain what i have to do because i got hooked on your dash.

And uhm don't you dare to get squashed by a truck.

8. levieux666

levieux666 Registered

Hello,

I don't write often, but your plugin is great, and if I can get it at home instead of a server ( that you pay for) I have no problem with this option

9. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Still accessible from the WAN right?

10. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yes,it's the same like having a website hosted on your computer, so you can access it from your LAN, WAN and from the internet, of course provided that you have done port forwarding on your router.

11. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Please can you give us a tutorial?Can I run it on my nas too?

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Sure,I will do a video when ready. It will only run on a Windows OS

13. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Go do it man! Go for it ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2016
  14. jamieotis

jamieotis Registered

This would work for me. And if it saves you some monies that sounds good.

Would we have the ability to edit the local hosted dashboards html etc. as that would be a big plus for me ;-)

Would the local app let us know if there was a new update?

15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yes! You will have full control of the Html, Javascript, CSS and image files...so basically you can do what the heck you want! ;)

BUT!...you have to be careful as I will issue auto updates (and only installed if accepted by users) to the web and these will override your updates! So it will be tricky as you'd might want my fixes/updates but keep your updates.....

So maybe, i will add a configurable path to where the web is so that you can change it as you wish and maybe also an auto Enable/Disable update Web content..

Yes, defo, like I mentioned above. The update will come as today, but I will make some options as mentioned.

PS: The track map stuff is almost ready ;) I will soon post a beta so you can test it. Basically all will be stored locally on your machine now. The map settings and also the images. So you will now have full control...

16. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

...can we load maps from google maps or similar?
    ...or maybe from sim itself?

17. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I did experiment with google maps in the past and it can work but not if the website is distributed on each pc as the google API only authorizes specific urls (like for ex dash.proracing.club)

I never tried extracting the maps from the game itself.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  18. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Though it will be easy to create a map....it took me about 5 mins, the cars ran on track and the map will auto draw itself. All you need to do is change the zoom and X/Y offset....then just save settings and map....

You can then also find an imagine of your liking or from google maps and just supersede the map image....

upload_2016-11-5_7-42-13.png

upload_2016-11-5_7-42-38.png

19. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Thanks mate for your reply, very appreciated.

20. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Nice !!
    Is it possible to customize the color of the cars ? Like Proto in red and GT in blue, and your own car in yellow ?