[REL] Proracing Dashboards and In-game widgets

Discussion in 'Other' started by B1K3R, Aug 9, 2015.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yes, hopefully it will then work :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

One more question (hope you don't mind). Can i delete a custom made dash completely and at once? And how would i do that.

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

You can't at the moment. I should add a delete for that. But you can either edit the existing one and delete the widgets inside or create a new one :)

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Yeah but not all widgets seem deleteable (if that is even a word). But never mind

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

They are...you have to click on them and then press on the cross top right corner...

6. jamieotis

jamieotis Registered

Stefan, excellent work with this tool. Very impressed.

I was very interested in getting the track map to work for rfactor 2, is this section still work in progress? Only I used the create map option which plotted the track then uploaded the map, but couldn't see what to do then to see the track when the cars are being shown?

Would be nice if you could adjust the thickest of the plotted track and possibly add your own custom background etc to identify corner numbers.

Jamie.

7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi Jamie,

Yeah, I had started converting the track map from my rF2 live timing app but never managed to complete it as I did not see much people interested in it and its a large job :)

Though I do plan to finish it at some point.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2016
  8. jamieotis

jamieotis Registered

Thanks for replying Stefan. Let me know if I can help, as I for one would love to see it and rounds off a great series of tools.

In the short term, just the ability to load a background image of a track map would be handy?

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

If I remember correctly, I was working on the functionality where a user can use the dash track map screen to auto draw the map for him. This is required as the track points have to match the points generated by the game. Then the user can adjust the image by applying his image over the template and tries to make the path the same.

So I was still contemplating if the there should be 1 track for all users or a track for each user, and if stored locally on the user's pc or if stored on my server......I need to sit down and decide how best to do it technically so that its flexible and easy for all users. Ideally it should be a combination of all, let users created their map, other users to choose an existing one etc etc...

I'll have to think about it..when I get some time! :p

10. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

So I gave another look at the zoom thing....and most browsers do not work very well with zooming and dragging.....so now I am playing with some other zooming technology to make it more user friendly/usable...in the mean time, did you manage to see the Rev indicator??!! It works for me...:rolleyes:

11. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Sorry B1K3R. Didn't try anymore the flu (?) Has taken control over me. When i feel a little better i will try and report.

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

No rush mate! Hopefully I'll get the zoom to work properly. Get well soon! :)

13. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Okay got it in place on my dash and visible so far so good. But it's not lighting up when i reach max revs. Till now only tested BT44 (because we use it in our current championship at SR4L) will test other cars later to be sure it's not the car.
    Carrera's 88 F1's also no shiftlight lighting up

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2016
  14. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

OK, let me test the BT44 and 88 F1. Ah, and btw...you can delete any dash you made from the windows app...had forgotten about it! And...I have totally changed how zooming works by using different technology. With next release, it should be much smoother and compatible...but one might need to re-arrange some widgets on screen by editing the dash. But thats coming in next release.

[​IMG]

15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

And why not I guess....I have also added a delete button on the web for next release....

[​IMG]

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Eddy...so I quickly created a new dash from scratch....tested with the BT44 patch v0.8 and it worked!

However, I am using the latest beta, so this could be the issue. Try the beta and let me know...

Notes for beta v.1.6.1.25

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?mhvx3ec8asx8g4v

01. Changed how zoom works by using different technology. Some widgets in your custom dash might loose place, so just edit the dash and move the widgets accordingly

02. Added weather data for rFactor 2 in the custom widgets

03. The streaming and ISI Plugin Ports are now auto saved if changed by the user

04. Added Delete button in the Build Dashboard screen so that user can delete any of their dashes

05. A few bug fixes for the Raceroom Experience October 2016 Patch (beta)

NOTE: I have created a staging environment where all pre-prod updates will go here, so please test it with http://dashstage.proracing.club/

[​IMG]

17. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I'll give it a go later tonight. Cheers

18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Okay, took me a little longer sorry for that.

So i downloaded the beta and installed it.
    Opened the dash on my phone using http://dashstage.proracing.club/

Moving the custom widgets is way more easy now.
    Sorry didn't try the zoom function.
    I did notice that the borders of a widget don't become blue anymore once you have selected it.
    And in the stage environment the URL bar on my phone keeps showing (hope you get what i mean) which i didn't have in dash.proracing.club where it was truly full screen. (i know it's test environment so don't make a fuss out of this just saying)

And, and that was what it's all about, the shift light still didn't work for me :( i have to say tho i tested with Enduracers mod tonight and had so much fun i didn't have time anymore to test with other cars.

19. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Moving the custom widgets is way more easy now. ==> cool !

Sorry didn't try the zoom function. ==> no problem :)

I did notice that the borders of a widget don't become blue anymore once you have selected it. ==> hmm, strange, it works for me

The shift light still didn't work for me ==> I think I found the problem and should work now...

Thanks for all your testing! ;)

20. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I can confirm shifter light working.
    Can you make the url thingy go away? Or is it something i have to do myself.

[​IMG]

And now i'm using dashstage.proracing but when do i have to revert back to dash.proracing