Problems with 101

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Aug 5, 2012.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I manually updated to 101. First it seemed to work and it was easy to do...but:

When I open " Manage mods" in launcher it says that I was unable to install GT series. Also the 1960 series does not show. Can not pick those series either to online game. This is weird because I could install the mods without problems in mods manager (core files).

Furthermore, I can not load Mills anymore. Only when I choose Clios and then Mills, it loads.

I have tried to reinstall the mods several times with no result. Not sure how to do install from scratch without using reactivation?

I have also no idea how to turn HDR on? No such possibility in the settings... If it is automatically on then I am not sure if it is what is causing everything to seem cloudy even with clear sky settings.

I also encountered drop down in fps. It was rather smooth with build 90. Now some random freezes and one crash.

Could someone tell how to adjust driving camera positions?

My specs: AMD Athlon II X2 215 (2,7 GHz), Windows 7 64 bit, 4 gt ram, ATI Radeon HD 4350 (512 mb)

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

For turning on HDR, there is an tick box when you are on the launcher and choose configure sim. The same place you choose the FXAA and multi-view.

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

At Packages, you should have both GT v10 .rfmod AND v10-v11rfmod.
    At ManageMods, first you right click and install, and then, again rightclick and update.
    I suspect this is your problem.

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

No, this is not the case. Done that for sure. Easy thing, so no mistake in there. It seems like the mod manager and launcher's "manage mods" are not in sync. I would like to point out that I can drive GT and 1960's if I choose all series, but there ain't these series seperately.

There have not been an answer to my camera view question. How can I, for example, get third person view (I know it's a sim and not nfs but I would like to have an option) or expanded front end view (I want to see the whole front end, not just a bumper).

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

To change the camera, you just need to map a key to do so or set the default view to what you are looking for. If you want to "expand" the view out the front, then change your FOV value to a higher one. This will result in things looking a bit strange, but for you, this might be ok.

Quick question on the mod issues, did you use the mod manager from the launcher to install the mods, or did you go into explorer and use the mod manager from there?

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Camera thing sounds a bit complicated for my taste :D I always install mods with mods manager (core files). Not from launcher. Even though those should be the same program, I don't see the same mods installed.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If you have run the mod manager other than by clicking to run it from the launcher, you may have issues with your installation.

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

From what I have been reading, if you install mods with the Mod Manager(Core Files) it creates folders in a different place than if you use the Mod Manager from the launcher. This might be what Tim was talking about or there might be other issues that arise when you use both places.

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Ok. So I have done it in a wrong way. What now? :S

When I have used mod manager it has indeed installed the files to a diffrent location than it should have been and then I had to manually copy the files to Installed/Core files :p

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

From what I have read, the mod manager has been designed to be run from the launcher only, and the core files one was supposed to be hidden, but is not. You may end up having to do a clean install, but I would first try and remove the folders that the core files mod manager created and install all the mods from the launcher first. Tim may have other opinions, and he would know better than I do. :)

1 person likes this.
  11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I reinstalled the game and now the mods work. Thanks for help.

12. kro388th

kro388th Registered

priceless ;)

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

heheh, I run with FOV set to 21 so anything higher to me is strange looking ;)