Problem connecting to servers

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by MUZTEE, May 4, 2012.

1. MUZTEE

MUZTEE Registered

hi does anyone knows why i get server connection failed message to 80% of servers? i see people playing on them i have the mod installed etc but when i try connect i get that message:(

i can join all isr servers fine but mostly all other s i try i get server connection failed

please help

2. dragon

dragon Registered

i have the same problem, but i can't join any server ;/

3. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I have experienced a problem with joining servers that are running the 1960s World Class Racing mods.

I have found that there is a problem when having both variants of this mods installed:

"1960s World Class Racing (Version 1.0)" --- ISI1045-v10-1960sWorldClassRacing_2.rfmod

&

"1960s World Class Racing + All Tracks (Version 0.7)" --- MRN1024-v0.7-1960sWorldClassRacing+AllTracks.rfmod

I find that in order for me to join a serving running with either of the two mods, i must uninstall the other. However, in order to have only the version that ends with "...+ All tracks" installed i must first install the stand-alone mod or else it will not let me install the other. Once you have both mods installed, you can then remove whichever one is not needed.

Although this will now let you join some of the servers that were originally greyed out....you must go into the "manage mods" (the one located inside the multiplayer main menu page) and reselect the mod to the far left (called something like "all mods + tracks" i believe). If you don't complete this step, each time you try to join the server you will see no cars at the "choose your car" step and moments later the sim crashes.

Hope this helps a little.

If you were refering to problems with other mods, i have little to no experience with them but perhaps the problem with these particular mods can shed some light on the matter. These formula 66's are just waaay too much fun atm to be at all bothered with trying out anything else :p

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
  4. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

test server: ! sim multi racing car.com

5. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

Thats SILLY !!!
    If this procedure is necessary, the actual rfmod system is much worse than I had belief

you should post it as BUG in the related forum and request an investigation URGENTLY

thanks

6. MJP

MJP Registered

I (and I guess plenty of others) have both these mods installed and can join servers without going through the trouble you're having.

The only problem is when trying to join a server running the 1960s World Class Racing + All Tracks (Version 0.7) mod is that you need to preselect the mod offline first before trying to join a server running it online, this is a known bug.

7. Mauro

Mauro Registered

it's clearly specified in the VMod thread

guys, before install, read the instructions! :) http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/4739-1960s-World-Class-Racing-All-Tracks-vMod

8. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

the advice in the thred is talking about "mismatch" that you can get

I preselected the mod offline, but still I get "connection failed error" from the server :-((
    btw there are many servers out returning a server connection failure to me ...

ONLY ISR SERVERS ALWAYS WORKING !!! They must have find something (in the options of multiplayer.ini?) which makes the difference.
    Would be nice to publish to us, please.

9. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

we too have problems with servers that are disconnected from the matchmaker.
    Only that we have administrators who are involved now, to unlock them.
    I hope ISI will fix this problem.
    For those who receive connection failed.
    I recommend turning off the modem router.
    After a minute turn on the modem router.
    this procedure to solve many problems for our users.

Babs ;D

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

everytime I go to the servers, I choose offline, appropriate mod AND track. Never failed me.

12. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

The not being able to connect is or has to be a different problem than the problems associated with the 60scars + all tracks v.7 mod.

Not going into single player mode and selecting the proper mod, you would get into the server then would be booted right out with a mismatch error message of some sort.

Not being able to connect is internet problem.

Or, at least, that's been my experience. I run the "F3 Fanatics (F3's@???=FUN)" server.

The former issue is simply part of rF2 being in beta. The latter is something you may want to call your internet provider on and see if they can work it out for you. If you're on dial-up, you can pretty much forget it.

Hope this helps,

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012