Porsche 991 RSR GTE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PetSpi77, Jun 29, 2021.

1. PetSpi77

PetSpi77 Registered

Hello,
    I tried to look around in the forums and to my surprise, there are only but few comments regarding the interior graphics of the Porsche GTE. So one question comes naturally, which is, are there any plans to update the RSR to the newest version (2020 /21 car) as well interion graphics quality?
    GTE's like Aston Martin, Ferrari, Corvette, interior details look stunning, so why not Porsche?
    Thanks for the reply in advance

GTClub_wajdi, EricW and atomed like this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Porsche is one of the earlier DLC releases. It was only the arrival of the Ferrari GTE that we got to see a full PBR shader update to the interior. Corvette was the next fully PBR implementation. Both of those have impacted fps some, depending upon the user's system components. I suspect a full re-doing of all the DLC might heavily impact fps. However, I am surprised that remodeling the interior of the older cars was not completed sooner. The only possible reason I can think of is licensing limitations that may prevent S397 from changing things not in the original agreement.(but that is a guess)

R.Noctua and Sim_Player like this.
  3. PetSpi77

PetSpi77 Registered

Thanks guys for your comments. Both make a lot of sense but I struggle to understand, how for example GT3 Porsche has much more detailed interior than the GTE! Not to mention that Porsche themselves would like to have a good final product. Don't mind me wrong, outside and physics on the car are top. Maybe releasing those files to the community for upgrade mods ( like skins not 3d models) could be a solution.

EricW likes this.
  4. EricW

EricW Registered

I can't believe a license or any agreement would restrict the level of detail in modeling or texturing, the visual representation of a car.
    The Oreca LMP2 is also out of sync tbf.
    I can imagine restrictions on shared data like TC or ABS or some setup variables.
    But also doubt that to be honest.
    Imo when you have official released cars in endurance series like GTE, GT3, LMP and even sell them as collections, you also have to maintain and guard the overall quality.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    atomed and Nieubermesch like this.
  5. marmagas

marmagas Registered

S397 Porsche GT3 interior-dash is so wrong
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/365960/discussions/0/1742229167206107498/

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

7. EricW

EricW Registered

This is a S397 matter imo, they create and own this content.
    The minute you decide to release "official" content, it is no longer a platform for mods only.
    Its a official racing game, with support for a mod community.
    Not the other way around.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

At risk of going off topic, when I say "modders" I mean mod makers, car makers. It's not about taking a game and modding it. S397 car makers and community car makers have the same limitations. I agree it would make sense to develop the game to support licensed dash/wheel features properly, but until that happens it's hard to blame the guy making the mod for it. It's not like a dash that's shaped incorrectly, say - because that's in the car makers control.

9. EricW

EricW Registered

Ah oké,
    I'm not sure if S397 uses in-house game artists, or hire them on occasion, or receive 3D game models from car manufacturers.
    But when it's a combination of all of these, it explains the inconsistencies.
    And that should not be the case in a game in general imho.
    This is on-topic btw.

10. PetSpi77

PetSpi77 Registered

Even though I agree with you on the dash quality and general 3d modeling of the interior, I think a good first step could be to update with better "painting" the cockpit area of the RSR. The shadows are off, the material on the dashboard looks like from an arcade game, roller cage is also off. So all in all I think something like that, may not be PBR material, but definitely will enhance the experience. If you look at Assetto Corsa or the recent release of Automobilista 2, the Porsche GTE interior is a couple of levels higher.

11. PetSpi77

PetSpi77 Registered

Hello again guys,
    I have observed that in the showroom when you load the RSR there are some nice reflections on the dashboard/cockpit, but in game is rather matt. Does anyone of you know how to adjust this?
    Thanks
    Picture for reference:
    upload_2021-10-30_20-35-56.png

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

This is my favorite car in rfactor2. I mostly drive only it. I wish Studio397 update the cockpit graphic.

13. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Its a beautiful car to drive and to watch bang to round a track, with an interior from the 1980's.

OK, not THAT bad...maybe... but still - it needs an overhaul.

I love the GTE class, it's a shame that it looks like it will be replaced with GT3s.
    I think its the extra aero and no ABS make them more compelling to drive.

I just hope that a new Porsche comes out for the Le Mans 24.....

14. Micko D

Micko D Registered

I'd like to know if they'll ever fix the TC issue, where when it's turn off (but reads as "Off - 1"), it drives as if it's still on. I always lose 4-5 places when starting a race, no matter whether I use low, medium or high revs off the line. This clip from another play clearly demonstrates the issue, at 1:42

15. Micko D

Micko D Registered

Strange how it doesn't apply to AI cars...
    I never use assists, in car or otherwise.

16. Micko D

Micko D Registered

Yep, my understanding is the same re AI cars, but I just find it odd that it only happens with these cars and none of the others. Could "TC - Off (1)" instead if (0) have anything to do with it? Is there anything I could tweak to force it to 0?

17. Micko D

Micko D Registered

Thanks for the tip. TC for other cars shows TC - Off (0) which is why I wondered about (1) for this model. As the car's made by s397, I'd assume they know how to implement it?! :D Actually, all of their GT pack cars behave in the same way, so I might have to switch to rolling starts to get around the issue. I did search for the upgrade.ini file but didn't get any results.

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes me to. RSR GTE is my favorite car in rfactor2 ( 75% of time I use it). I’m always lose 3-4 positions on the start. I tried everything .

19. redapg

redapg Registered

I would recommend to always add an empty HDV= Line into the Upgrade File Options, that it looks like this:

UpgradeType="ABC"
    {
    UpgradeLevel="ON"
    {
    HDV=
    HDV=[CONTROLS]
    HDV=AntilockBrakeSystemMapRange=(0.0,0.0,0.0)
    }
    }

Some Entries need to have it, to work properly

Sim_Player likes this.
  20. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

I always thought the GTE have a rolling start in real life, which might be the reason it's a bit pants from a standing start...