Please freeze the feature list... for now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cracheur, Apr 4, 2013.

1. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

..next build should be the "golden one" - no matter if it is done in june or november (2013 of course :)
    too much time has gone by in that beta status......

i like rf2 how it is now, but i am a little bit tired of testing new builds over and over again

2. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

I did not know that this was big community request... I prefer dry tracks-:)

I agree but I'm seriously missing the casual online play. I don't have time to join leagues and it's nearly impossible to join a rf2 game with people on it... within practice etc...when it's not a scheduled race.

during the first monhts thats still ok... but practically nothing has changed on this side...

3. Bart S

Bart S Member

Here is another solution, I believe this will satisfy everyone including ISI and put them in a much better position....

Finish this weather spray, water droplets etc then halt further development bug fix everything requested to this point, just make it presentable kind of like GT5 concept was before GT5 came out instead it can be called rFactor Marc2 Concept and it will be its own standalone race sim for the time being, market it, sell it, make money from it. Moders will begin work blah blah...

When that is sorted restart development on complete rfactor2 beta, when new features are added and ready to be beta tested say every 2 months or so we can download a separate beta release that doesnt interfere with rFactor Marc2 Concept which we all will be playing mainly, install it test it give feedback suggestions areas for improvement etc.

You may have to do a bit of work with the servers to run 2 different rFactor 2 but atleast you wont be breaking anything and making people unhappy.

I think this is a brilliant idea where we all will win.

Can we do a petiton for this or just +1 this post if you think its a good idea and the best solution.

Thankyou Bart

4. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

I like the way ISI works now.

The game is still not finnished and ready to be marketed. We all chipped in for the beta and to be able to play early than everybody else.

I like what we have so far, keep up the good work ISI!

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think it's fair to say we'd all do things differently, personally I think ISI are doing it completely wrong with regards to their roadmap...whatever that may be!?

Basic fact of the matter is we're playing an ever evolving game that won't be finished for 5 years and each build might have a half finished item in it that essentially is a beta item...Again not how I'd do it, especially as the game is no longer beta but Released Marc 1 or something!

Goes back to day one for me and ISIs poor communication, if they actually communicated with us about their plans without giving away secrets at least we'd know their basic game plan, after all we signed up to and pre paid for a beta product to help...without knowing the direction it's kinda hard to help and now we're out of beta we expect better each build....and not beta items....sorta going round in circles no!?!

Again if I were ISI I'd have a separate beta community testing these things before rolling it out to the wider audience, but I'm not them and they have their own way....however strange it seems to me!

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Rf2 shows real signs of greatness, but it's certain things that don't seem to be getting looked at
    ....although I know these things have been mentioned by Tim / ISI as things that will be sorted right at the end of development

or at the end of "beta" or just before general public release ....gosh now I'm confused as to what terminology to use (I know "gold" is now a no no)

This I think is what's causing alot of frustration, the pace of development seems slower than what was originally antisapated
    (for us testers and no doubt for ISI .....I'm not having a dig here )

Sometimes I actually think that ISI have big problems with it & the whole project is in a mess & in danger of turning into a sim joke & other times I think wow ISI are really onto something here

Shame ISI can not have more help with this or somehow sub-contract certain aspects of the development/Implimentation of features etc , even if it has some kind of knock on effect to cost of the product, I think it will be worth it & potential users really will get what they pay for etc. (look at how much people ...including myself pay into iracing ) I'm only talking about maybe $10 or $20 extra as a one off fee ( maybe added to future purchasers only )

Unless ISI really have alot of stuff & development up their sleeves & about to be released that will really boost progress on this then I seriously think the team need to have a rethink

Anyway I'm not having a dig , I do think rf2 will be the dominating mainstream sim but only if there's a bit of a quick acceleration in progress

I would hate to think its just being mildly tinkered with as a sideline in the hope that at some stage a 3rd party mod team come out with something wonderful which will promote & sell it, because that may not happen & in the meantime rf2 could become over shadowed by something else .....or testers simply get frustrated then bored by it & go else where as a bad reputation of rf2etc grows.

Gosh I'm ranting on lol
    p.s I still like ISI & rfactor 2 & this community .....just trying to state my opinion in an honest way

7. smartin13

smartin13 Registered

everything what isi do is necessary.so let them work.the are the pros.

8. Skynet

Skynet Registered

I am worried that ISI may take notice of all this moaning and actually deviate from there goals just to please some community members. This is the only thing that is a danger to rfactor2 in my view. Surely ISI have goals and a plan, so moaning wont help =/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
  9. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I really hope that this doesnt happen, and what I've seen so far from ISI, its not going to.

Gimme the SLS AMG, you can please me on that one though, that doesnt count. :p

10. Gezmond

Gezmond Registered

Ohh I really hope that never happens, 1 or 2 patches, wait a year to buy rfactor 3?

Maybe Im looking at it different cause i bought a lifetime, Im loving flat spotting my Marussia and with the spray placeholder I can see great things coming (admittedly I had to turn special effects down to low).

I hope ISI never finish working on this game :D

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1

12. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

You could also just have waited for the more finished version and then pay the FULL price;) You were fully aware when you bought this product that it was IN DEVELOPMENT. And you agreed, apparently. So, why do you complain that you paid full price? You were the one that conscientiously made that decision. So really you should blame yourself;)

13. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

+1

14. tjc

tjc Registered

I don`t really see this happening either...

ISI will do things the way they see fit. It`s possible they`ll take some suggestions about certain things from the community (wish list etc) but they won`t buckle under to a few people who complain/keep bringing certain things up and change massive aspects of what they see as their finished product.

Imo...

15. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Perhaps revealing some of that development roadmap in an unambiguous, non flippant manner may help to aleviate some of the "moaning" and be provided as a reward for the early adopters, just in case they need early adopters to pay up front on their next project. By all means, don't change your intended development path, but how about sharing some of it in some reasonable detail.

16. coops

coops Banned

+1 agree

17. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Other then the rain spray the latest build is fine, bring on the development half baked or fully baked I'm fine. If people don't want a beta go away until its final. Being beta things change such as shaders so older mods and tracks may not work as intended which is to be expected.

That's the main reason many modders are waiting for a more stable settled release prior to releasing their work to avoid having to redo things that may be broken with the next update. Most want all mods now and now they want is ISI to stop developing lol.

Please go play another sim until this is at the next stage if you think there is something better for you now. Many are here and happy with things understanding the dev stage rf2 is at. Its not that hard a concept to understand and those that don't get it there's not much that can be said you want a final stable version and to have it yesterday, ISI could work privately and release in a year or 2 when ready but all of us willing to be here at this early stage get the benefit of using it as is now. Its far from perfect but the best driving experience I've had in a sim to date so I'd rather have an unpolished rough version now over nothing.

The complainers are just a loud minority that don't get what RF2 is and where its at.

18. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Me upsets more, to wait for 2 months of a patch, and visible improvements in problem graphics it isn't visible.
    I wait when will stop to place emphasis on asphalt coverings and will begin development of soil coverings (flowability of coverings), but such rates it will be in about 3-4 years.

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Why don't you try my server. We race on regular basis every Wednesday and Sunday 20.00-22.00 GMT +2. Either two or three race weekends. My vmod has only two or three tracks (different tracks compination every time of course) in it every time so it's easy to access. See Private racing section for more info ;)

20. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

A big +1 :cool: