Released Photo Mode and Cinematics

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Definitely going to buy a gamepad, can't wait to try doing best photos I can with my aging PC. And equally to see what others will come up with.

Improved broadcasting is also a big deal, looking forward to see that too.

3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

For me personally, it's one of those things I didn't know I wanted until I saw it in action. Looks like a couple of awesome additions.

4. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

so if i understand it correctly , the custom cameras allows you place and adjust camera to your liking on given track ? so i can create fully new sets of camera for a entire track and keep it for future use ?
    I always wanted static camera , no tracking only while watching replays.

5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

can i enable this camera while driving the car inside cockpit and change the view somehow or move the point of view while i race or something ? or is it ONLY while watching replays or spectate a race ?

6. darkojovanoski1986

darkojovanoski1986 Registered

@Paul Jeffrey with all these additions with photography, cameras and all stuff, is it possible to improve game rendering itself? I use headtracking and I like it a lot but every time fps go below 80 fps then headtracking becomes little choppy. Maybe trackir plugin is responsible to that but with higher fps tracking is liquid smooth. I know every engine has own limitations but maybe this can be improved in future? In every other sim I play only choppyness I see is below 60 fps. Keep up the good work and press that green button as early as possible

7. Nicolas Cortes

Nicolas Cortes Registered

Good Q1, not so much new content, anyway interesting new content (not so few with the extra December drop), but very interesting work in the deep of the game. The feature of being able to race againts content we don't have is one of the best decissions for years.

For Q2/Q3: What about thinking in a better personal liverys management, ... and a remake of the HUDs ?

pkelly and Reiche like this.
  8. Beef36

Beef36 Registered

This new functionality sounds really interesting, however I have misgivings about "...the new photo Mode is best used with a gamepad controller to help you move smoothly and accurately around the environment...".

rFactor 2 already has a bug where controller configuration incurs issues when Windows' Game Controllers exceeds 8. A gamepad will add another Game Controller in Windows, further exacerbating this existing issue.

I did a test today and this bug persists. I have 12 game controllers (eg wheels, pedals, shifters etc). To run rF2, I manually disable some button boxes etc to reduce my number of game controllers and the game works fine.

When all 12 of my game controllers are active, there is no force feedback. When I reduce the number of game controllers by disabling some of them, force feedback returns.

It would be great to fix the game controller limit bug before introducing the need for a gamepad.

9. green serpent

green serpent Registered

This is a really great update. I wonder, do the TV cameras now track the car even if you move their default position?

10. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Got a fun thought, for future development. Could be cool if every car had an (instant) action score, depending on nearby traffic, contact, offroad etc, and then the camera could track cars by some sort of action algorithm.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
    Hazi and Bill Worrel like this.
  11. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

This is a good idea and considering one or more of the GP games back in the 90's had that, you'd think that would be possible nearly 30 years later.

12. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I use triple, and for a replay, if it's windowed, it's only on the center monitor, it's cool, but if I put in fullscreen, it's rendered on the 3 monitors, so the performance are not always good, I prefer having a replay fullscreen on only 1 monitor, the center one, is it possible to add this option ?
    Just for this I can't take screenshot with triples, it's not the main reason, but I will switch to OLED 48", it's less GPU demanding, and it's easier to manage everything, like screenshots