Optimization coming?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ccjcc81, Jan 26, 2013.

1. peterchen

peterchen Registered

seriously?? That was a joke, wasn´t it?
    Don´t know what is common in czech but in the rest of the world there are many scratch made mods
    available which are (at least for many people) (very) good!!

I don´t know what your quality standards are, maybe you are one of those silly folks that
    use such a high polycount for the cars that rF1 can´t run them anymore! LOL!

Greets
    Pete

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You try to compare one low quality mod from a 1,000 to what is happening with rF2 ?

Be serious. :)

When did you ever see payware advertised on orginal ISI rFactor ?

Please, show me.

It is the principal.

rF2 was advertised on the premise of pay one time only.

No mention was ever made of paid mods.

May I remind you all this talk started after most peoples refund window was gone.

I never expected a developer to support them in public while disclaiming them offically.

That is a cop out in my book, plain and simple.

Oh, it has already begun a little birdie has told me.

Lastly this and his threads are free advertising for commercial work which is against sites rules.

3. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Hanson Skies advertised/sold 1 month after rFactor 1 was released via RSC home of rFactor Forums and owned by Tim at the time

4. coops

coops Banned

are you still hear going on about this i thought you said you were leaving ? we have all heard your opinion more than once.
    you too have the right to build a mod and sell it your choice. now if ppl like you don't want to pay they wont.

NOW FOR ISI have they asked you for more $$$$$$$$$ at any time after buying a lifetime subscription NO. they have also said they you will never have to PAY AGAIN. which part of this don't you understand ? ANSWER: its not ISI its modders CHARGING AND NOT ALL OF THEM. and i think some of these ppl if not all have ISI support so maybe thats why they are aloud to post in here.

now for a guy who said he is leaving its taking a long time.

5. osella

osella Registered

No joke, there are hundreds/thousands of crap conversions out there, you just don't know about them because they aren't very popular simply because physics almost always suck. I bet for every 1 good scratch made mod there is at least 1 bad mod, they just aren't known much outsides communities that concentrate on them.

I don't fancy the idea of paid mods either durge, no need to say it 50 times though..

6. osella

osella Registered

That's another thing I didn't directly mention, yes, everyone has to start somewhere and even releasing a "bad" mod is a starting point which might encourage the modder to improve himself. To be honest though I'm not saying that everything anybody produces should go public, some rf1 mods and tracks are just so bad it feels like step back to 90s, nobody is gonna drive those, ideal is to spend at least 1 year learning in quiet and then release if the quality is at least acceptable..

But it's really hard to learn something when you are on your own, which you usually are, because for some reason very little tutorials for modders exist and thousands and thousands of modders have to reinvent the wheel constantly (like I did too).

7. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Durge you get ragged on because you bang the drum in isolation over and over again on multiple threads. Buy rFactor Pro, it's the sim you want. :rolleyes:

8. ScottN

ScottN Registered

I'm having trouble with getting smooth FPS on every track in every place. I also cannot race with AI at all as they lag and stutter everywhere. I can get 60 FPS on my own in a practice at any track but cannot sustain that in some places at a track: e.g last turn at Lime Rock Park. I can run any other modern day sim on high settings at a constant 60+ FPS. I think once it is fully optimised (if that is what's coming), it'll even more awesome! I don't understand why the AI lags everywhere though... :D

Overall, I'd like to praise rFactor 2 because it's amazing. The graphics are pretty neat and the physics are UNBELIEVABLE! I'm so happy with my purchase at the moment because I know that it's still evolving and still being worked on!

9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

On the topic of optimization, i recently upgraded my SLI GTX 460 1GB's to a single GTX 670 2GB and the stuttering has completely gone. I was getting very good scaling with sli but the stuttering is now non existent even when the fps goes down to around 70fps (i don't use vsync) it's still very smooth compared to before. Also tracks such as Portugal which for some reason had the most horrendous mini-pauses (for about 0.2s at a time) and occurred more frequently at specific locations around the track are now completely eradicated.

However the comparison is not completely fair since a GTX 670 averagely performs up to 25-35% more fps than SLI GTX 460 1GB's.

10. SQUIRRELBONG

SQUIRRELBONG Registered

Thanx for this info, i had HT enabled so i turned it off BUT no gains what so ever, no difference in fps at all. I was hoping there would be a little improvement perhaps but nothing. O well ill keep tweaking away.:(

11. Blue fellow

Blue fellow Registered

Same problem I am currently having with SLi 560 Ti 1gb. The stuttering for me comes from me busting my VRAM limit. I found turning off reflections solved the issue and allowed me to run the game with all other settings max'd out at 1920x1080 with 4x MSAA very smoothly (haven't tried higher AA outside of SLi AA).

I also found that I could run 32xCSAA using SLi anti-aliasing setting slightly smoother then 4x MSAA on the conventional SLi setting. Although both settings I needed reflections off or I'd bust my VRAM and cause the stuttering.

Maybe different settings for reflections could be helpful in this case? I'd prefer some shine on my cars, although most cars it really isn't noticable in cockpit view. Particularly closed cockpit cars it makes almost no difference to me.

12. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I wouldn't mix up converters and modders. What I know from converting is that it is pretty tedious job, and with that energy, devotion and even skill required to convert you could easily make your first own scratch made car or part of a track. Converting doesn't teach you become a modder, but a converter. And too often I find that converters haven't given even a slightest attention into a physics section - the area where it is easiest to start fiddling around as you are just working with text documents. It is a feat already when the steering wheel turns around its correct axis.