One (1) Supercar for the future official content

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by dadaboomda, Feb 3, 2018.

1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Hi @Marcel Offermans

I wanted to present you a wish, wish that I revise strongly downward and that I try to measure...

I allow myself to quote you: "Our focus is forward predominantly on race cars, not as much street cars. "

(You do not want to update the physics/tires C6 and NSX road cars. I find that very unfortunate.)

Here is my request :

ONE supercar (1 single ...), by cons with license + true accurate data + latest physics technologies (especially recent cpm qsa tires), a brand and a model that really make us dream ( Ferrari / Lamborghini / Pagani for example and according to the price of the licenses). If possible a V12 or V10 engine and rear central engine. SO ONLY 1 SUPERCAR

Some of the users of RF2 (a part only) want like me between 3 and 5 supercars or sports cars.

We can really be happy with a single supercar (or sport car very sporty), provided it is of high quality as I said above.

It would be a pity that the ~40 cars (we do not know how much...) which will be updated at the physics level, there is no street car type supercar or sportscar.

So.. just 1 !!! 1 well chosen.

You are not asked to emulate your competitor Assetto Corsa, especially not .... just to think of some users.

I hope you will think about it again.

Thank you.

green serpent and Korva7 like this.
  2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I know Rastas mods was working on a Ferrari fxx,maybe due to contracts it’s best left to the community to supply non race cars.

But then again I’d love an official mclaren p1,with s397 already having the mclaren gt3 car,maybe that wouldn’t be so hard to get in game.

3. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I agree with everything above, but i would add that if the newer supercars have weird tech that can't be simulated in rf2 at the moment, an older more analog supercar would be just as good imo.

I hope s397 thinks trough again if it really makes sense leave roadcars out. I think they are leaving big piece of possible buyers out from rf2 if there is not even one proper supercar. It's not so that people who have already bought pc2 or ac, can't buy rf2 also.

Edit: Wanted to add that the fact that there is not more moaning about the lack of supercars on this forum is probably because people into that kind of cars haven't bought rf2 yet. One proper supercar might be enough to make some of them to make that buy.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  4. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

As an opposite view, I have no interest in any of the supercars in AC, they're all soggy compared to even a fairly modest race car. They may be suitable for one of the AC roads but they're out of place on a circuit.

bwana, Daniele Vidimari and subiela like this.
  5. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Weel,im making the FXXK,sadly no active aero and no electric engine,just the V12 NA,anyway,is my favourt track ready car,is just...amazing,it remembers my favourit animal,the great whit shark hehehe

6. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Hi.

This car (the fxx miam v12 miam), will it be available to all rf2 users (even to moaners ;) ) or will it be private?

Almost my favorite supercar (viva italia ...)

Do you know approximately when it could be release ?

Thank you

PS : I know you have some offroad tracks... I am very interested ;) but perhaps you can't share ?

7. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Is all in WIP broski,not much time to moding lately because of work :)
    Is gona be for public but not released here because of obvious reasons(not scratch made 3D model,FXXK btw).
    But i can share the the mod via pm,or added me in FB,Rasta Drifter,my son is in the profile foto :)

8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Oh yes! A million times yes!

Or failing that: the KTM X-Bow or the Ariel Atom. Track day cars that are hella fun to drive. The X-Bow is one of about four cars that doesn't understeer into a wall in AC.

Rastas likes this.
  9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It makes no sense to make a dozen or so Corvette versions and leave them abandoned later. If instead they would have made only one or two versions it would be much easier to later keep them up to latest physics standard.

However, it is not bad either to abandon something that community hasn't paid much attention on and focus on what people used the most.

I miss Megane and Clio up to date. Those were among the most popular ones for close pick up races.

bobbie424242 and AMillward like this.
  10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

clios are still being used in leagues. They should be updated but stuff that nobody uses shouldn't really need one. Supply and demand springs to mind.

11. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I want CPM QSA for the boxmaster and the quad.

I am joking of course.

But some mods which are almost not use by the communauty can have good physics.

I know that it is astonishing, but the quad have good physics and is very challenging (you need to change the wheel angle for 540° for example).

I have modified the VAN, power/torque - brakes - gears etc. But physics are 99.9% the same.
    RESULT : the driving is awesome, chalenging etc. I will never uninstall this mod.

What I mean is that the vast majority of ISI mods are of a very good quality and often excellent. Third-party mods of such high quality (physics) are ultra-minority. (but there is).

Who uses the Palatov (semi-ISI with for example tires made by Michael Borda and real data). 5% of users?

Supply and demand do not want to say that a car is good or not. Do not forget that !!

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

But it should certainly drive developers efforts.

BTW do you drive the quad in regular tracks? I only tried it in the dirt track but I didn't enjoy the combo very much.

Maybe it is worth trying in a track like Monaco.

AMillward likes this.
  13. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I didn't say supply and demand made a good car. I'm saying that 397 will want their work to mean something. No point in updating stuff and being a waste of time doing it if no one uses it. 2% of people use 2010 FR? No point. 98% of people use the 2014? Sure, go for it. They're getting a return on the time taken.

That's time that can be diverted to optimising CPU performance for instance and getting that ready sooner rather than later. I'm sure you'd agree that's a more pressing issue :p

14. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Imo the supply and demand thing doesn't always work because sometimes the reason for something to be less popular might be the lack of latest physics and graphics.

Thought, updating 2010 FR might not make sense if it's very similar to 2014 model.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think the community is quite good at providing how they feel each car and if they find it realistic or not. Some cars receive more feedback than others.

Usually people like to drive the types of cars they are used to watch in the media (F1, WEC, DTM, WTCC, Indy, Nascar, V8 SC...)

16. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

The quad is awesome in kart tracks with 540°.
    The isi dirt track is very bad !

17. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

AH AH.
    Yes...

I agree with @SPASKIS and you. S397 is a small team, so not a lot of "man hour" to improve the soft.
    And of course, I agree with you, S397 have to make clever priorities in all area.

Because F3.5 2010 have very good physics/ffb/cockpit/sound, I think it is usefull to update the physics (don't care about rain and DX11............).

Concerning the "recent" street cars (panoz + NSX + Corvette) : because apparently S397 don't really want to make street sports cars/supercars, so sad (just ONE very very realistic with real datas, best tyres etc.), FOR THAT REASON SPECIFICALLY, it is important to update THE PHYSICS (don't care about rain/DX11) of these 3 cars.

But S397 can choose to update ONLY the C6 ZR1 PD1 (not the coupe, GS, ZO6, Z07), panoz and NSX R (not NSX standard), so just 3 tyres to make.

I don't know. That is my wish... or OK no update but....

ONLY ONE supercar like Aventador, FXX, murcielago, MC12, P1, 812 superfast etc.

I just want to dream a little in RF2... and to have supercar physics, wich are totally different than racecar....

Korva7 likes this.
  18. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Hi Korva,

Try both, that is just 2 totally different OW (I don't know IRL, but in RF2, both physics are very good (2014 is just exceptionnal), both physics/FFB are really different.

S397 read this, let them think about it, after reading my arguments.

They have the last word, that is just their software.....

19. AMillward

AMillward Registered

All of that was necessary. Physics is important, but rf2 needed a polishing as it was lacking behind by some margin. ISI had given us an unfinished product that needed a serious update.

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

usually buried inside each complaint is the core line: Dadaboomba doesn't care about rain or dx11.(THE PHYSICS (don't care about rain/DX11)) Somebody else was distraught that Nascar rules broke the AI rain behaivior. He didn't care about Nascar. Many of us WANT something, and we become upset when we see other areas that are addressed before our own needs/wants. We have complained about many items over this past year. Some have been fixed, or at least the attempt has been made to fix them. Compare the last year's progress with any year previous in rF2's lifespan. I think the progress made with S397 has far outstripped ISI's pace. Does this mean everything is fixed and rosey? Not by a longshot. Continue to suggest fixes, but don't tie your timeline expectations to what S397 can achieve.

MarcG, bwana, AMillward and 2 others like this.