Offline challenges with r2la

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nibo, May 10, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Hi, Jason. It`s good that you submitted your fast times. It made me trying more and improve my form also. Yesterday I was going for better result in Silver, but spun on last lap :p May be will try challenge your result tomorrow one more time.

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Last week challenges moved to archive. Because of the typo in code there will be error when clicking on challenge on archive page. Will fix this in next r2la update.

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Next week AC427 @ Longford, Palatov D4 @ Palm Beach.
    As soon as new DW12 will be out, I`ll add challenge for it too.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Created challenge for Indycar DW12 at Indy Road Course `14. All 3 currently active challenges will last to june 8 in an attempt to collect more times. Join if you didn`t previously.

I recommend everybody to download new version of r2la - http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24421-rFactor2-Log-Analyzer-ver-2
    I made another section - "Hotlaps". Its a collection of your best times for cars on predetermined set of tracks. You can upload your times to server and see your relative position to best time. Idea is close to rf2rank but I do not pretend to compete with it. Its just convenient way to share your lap records through r2la.
    For now only cars with new CPM available in Hotlaps. And I choose only best quality and legally available tracks (mostly ISI`s). List of tracks for every car may be expanded when new, quality tracks will be released.
    View attachment 16787

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  5. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks for all your great work Nibo, hoping to set some challenge times tonight.

6. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

<3<3<3<3<3 it!!!!!!!!!!!

It was already impossible to put into words how much I love this tool, other than to say simply that, for me, Log Analyzer = rF2 = Log Analyzer = rF2

7. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Well, first time I see this topic and love the idea.

My only question is, is it possible to create a tool that automatically put that settings in rfactor to avoid some diferences in settings? Or for example creat 2 or 3 servers with the exacte same settings to serve that porpuse and people could enter the server and run the race with exact same settings when they want logging the results to that tool for example...

Thank you for your effort. ;)

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Nuno, its possible to alter rf2 json and ini files from other software, but for now I decided to not write anything to them, only read. Because it may cause trouble if done incorrectly.
    Its not that hard to check your race settings if you want to set result for r2la challenge. Its 5 of them: race laps, aids and tire-fuel-damage multipliers. Plus track and car of course.
    About servers, no. Because I thought this to be offline challenges I set a block for results with <ServerName> tag. So result set online will not be picked up for submitting. But now I think I can remove this in new versions, because its actually does not matter if people set their race times online or offline as long as other parameters match.

Upd. Just in case, there can be no "differences in settings" in results submitted to challenges, because code checks every parameter and will not let mismatched times to go for submission.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  9. matf1

matf1 Registered

Sweet, I've been so busy the last week I just couldn't make it.
    Would love to see ISI staff post some races, I have the sneaking suspicion that most of them can't drive ;)

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There was a small bug with Hotlaps sector times in yesterdays release. I fixed it and reuploaded archive with the same name.
    So I ask everyone who downloaded r2la 2.029 before this moment to redownload it. Sorry for mix-up.

Also results from online races can now be submitted to Challenges.

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Okay I must say that I am a huge fan of rf2la! I just got it up and running the other day and I'm loving it so far! I will definitely be trying out these challenges. I don't really have the time to commit to organized online racing, so this is a gift for someone like me.

Thanks a bunch! Great work man. :)

12. argo0

argo0 Registered

Spread the word

13. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

I'm going to try this someday, first thought is why is'nt something like this a standard feature from ISI directly. Challenge sub domain and a toplist for every combo that is popular and an easy web ui to get that combo up and running with web launching command, etc etc.

Also bump this thread for awareness!

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Just to make sure everybody on level in hotlaps and challenges, I recommend to remove any records for DW that you set before version 1.63. Because earlier version of this car was a couple of seconds faster.
    There is no way to determine from .xml what version of car user was running, unfortunately.

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Next two weeks:
    10 laps - Palatov D4 - AtlantaMP
    5 laps - AC 427 - 1991 LeMans

[​IMG] [​IMG]

DW12 @ IndianapolisGP`14 extended one more week.

16. argo0

argo0 Registered

Cool, thanks Nibo. I've recently been sidetracked by the Karts at Atlanta. Hope I get time to have a bash at the challenges this week.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

These challenges are so much fun!
    And the Log Analyzer makes it so easy.

Anyone who hasn't tried it yet should have a go immediately! :cool:

18. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Does this program work On a server DEDI with the option to host results & details on a website?

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

wrxxy, no. But you can export race results report to html file and attach or embed it on your site.

20. matf1

matf1 Registered

The competition was very tight for the previous challenges , much more than I had expected which means I'm super pumped for these ones :)
    Atlanta is going to be smoking hot!