Oculus Rift over 100k DevKits sold -is ISI going to support with rf2 integration ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Museumsteve

Yes it's is a great experience, the first time that I can remember I've really been blown away it,
    I always intended to quickly sell it on -I knew it was low res, I was just being nosey & wanted a sneak peek lol

I do hope the consumer version enough pixel count & dosnt take to long to come out

2. VRSimulation

VRSimulation Registered

My latest vblog has been posted...it covers some iRacing and DiRT2 impressions....still haven't worked on rF2, but that is coming soon :)

3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

The one thing you don't seem to comment on is the 3D depth aspect. Looking at the video, it looks like there is no real 3D (everything is at same depth) Is that the case?

4. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Its based on this concept... Look at this image and cross your eyes then try and focus... things... will become 3d and by things I mean boobies

[​IMG]

5. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I understand 3D, i run everything exclusively in 3DVision, but those videos show no difference in parallax and therefore everything is at the same depth. This seems to be extremely common for software run through the Vierio driver.

6. vittorio

vittorio Registered

3D with the oculus rift is like 3D in real life, even not comparable to 3DTV or 3D cinema. I once had a leaf of a tree in front of my nose, my mind was so tricked that I tried to smell on the leaf, I had to lol. In rf2 sitting in the corvette is like sitting in the car in real life, I watched some dirt on the left window and thought that my eyes are strained a bit, but it was the same when I looked at some dirt at the window in my car in real life.

7. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Thank you for posting this image. I am intrigued and I would like to see more images like this one. Please let me know where to find more.

8. VRSimulation

VRSimulation Registered

I just posted a new episode:

9. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

10. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Very interesting infos VRSimulation:

"iRacing have posted the Release Notes for the upcoming 2013 Season 2 build release on Tuesday July 23rd.
    Oculus Rift Support
    Preliminary support for the Oculus Rift VR Headset Development Kit added"

Now I have to try iracing too.

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I noticed that, they were pretty quick as they only received their devkits 2 weeks ago
    Hopefully ISI support will not be to long (using the devkit to test etc)

Bear in mind though we have a bit if time as the consumer version is not yet released the devkit isn't a truly monitor replacement option.

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Re: Oculus rift -over 10,000 pre-ordered already ...ISI supporting??

Isi should provide some info about this. It is clear how direct competition has quickly adapted their software to this hardware which in my opinion will be a true revolution within simulation.

Are there any news of when the commercial version will be available, its price and screen resolution?
    Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Re.consumer version No one knows , oculus I think are trying to get the very best screen option for it,
    There are some 7" super High resolution ones being made now so there's decent choice (higher than 1080x1920 )

My complete guess, pre-orders early december with deliveries starting may/June next year

I think the price (surprisingly) will be around the same cost as the consumer version

-I'll be rushing straight into pre-ordering to be one of the first (-;

14. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Buy 2, sell the first for a tidy profit to pay for the second. :)

15. museumsteve

museumsteve Registered

Be great to get an update on if/when ISI are looking to add a Rift option. pCARS now has the option in latest steam build (using -vr command) but it's not actually active yet...but it cant be far off :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
  16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Oculus rift -over 10,000 pre-ordered already ...ISI supporting??

The guy who would do it is our main gfx guy so he might prioritize it below otter gfx work.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Thanks for update Tim,

We have perhaps ( guess ) maybe 10 months away from the consumer version so he has a bag of time,

Total support in rfactor 2 with a consumer standard high res rift ...........heaven (-;

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Oculus rift -over 10,000 pre-ordered already ...ISI supporting??

He has mentioned that fact, yeah. Though I did add some internal testers who have now. So things are in-place for it happening.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

19. VRSimulation

VRSimulation Registered

Here's a sneak peak of iRacing before I head out on my vacation tomorrow :)

20. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Thanks VRSimulation. I've sold my oculus rift because i experienced dizziness (similar experience as to what you described with vario perception on iracing) with the rift after using the roller coaster and tuscany demo but not really as much (if any to my memory now) with the titans of space demo. I never tested anything else after those 3 demo's because at the time i thought the dev kit was basically going to be like those 3 demo experiences across the board. But after hearing what a difference the experience can be with the vario perception to a proper rift support by the game developer, i'm wondering if it might be because the way the 3 demo's were made that led to my particular experience (i.e. possible not made very well).

Have you tested those demo's before and if so what was your experience of them compared to iracing with vario perception and official support? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.