NVIDIA 670 2GB for 3 screens

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by DemonDriverDan, Jul 25, 2012.

1. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Just tested the profile you sent over and got the worst result so far unfortunately.

Here are all the results with Build 101
    GTX 680 SLI
    5910x1200
    FOV=23
    23 AI, 12th position
    Pre render frames =1

All other settings are as origianlly described earlier in this post.

The to table is with both Reflections = ON, the bottom with them = OFF

I have highlighted the setting I am happy with, but I use both Reflections on which gets approx 15% lower Max FPS, but still averages 74fps. (60 with adaptive vsync)

View attachment 3753

I will try on 1920x1200 and I bet the results will be similar to yours.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012
  2. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Well, the profile uses 4x SGSSAA and adaptive VSYNC, you should not use any ssaa in rf and set texture filtering to bilinear.
    Decrease shadows from max to high.
    For your resolution you should propably disable SGSSAA in the nv inspector.

3. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Thanks Gonzo, but I think I'll give your recommendations a miss thanks all the same, they maybe relevant to single screen, but not across three screens.

I just did a test with you recommendations on single screen and they make SOME sense, but they are certainly not the best settings for performance vs quality in my opinion... if you are happy with it then that's fine for you, but I'm sticking to what I see maximising the use of my GPU's and framerates, keepint it butter smooth and looking great... all of course in my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestions though, it was an interesting experiment.

Here are the results for the 1920x1200 comparison (obviously, no Multiview as there just isn't any :)) Top table all reflections are OFF, bottom table all reflections are ON... so I can see where you get the big hike in your comparisons :).... it just doesn't get the best results across three screens unfortunately.

View attachment 3754

To the OP, apologies for highjacking the thread, but as you can see at level 3 or 4 of AA across 3 screens, you don't need more than 2GB of VRAM.... higher though (results not show here), like higher than 8x AA or other modes as high or higher, I get VRAM used at 2.7GB and more over triple screens.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012