NVIDIA 344.48 WHQL GPU Drivers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Oct 22, 2014.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No need to touch profiles, add DRS to global setting same as you should MultiDisplay setting and power management, ie: things you do not need to change between sims.

If you set the other two I mentioned notice now all profiles in Inspector will be grey for same settings. ;)

You also notice in Inspector profiles anything you have changed from default will have a little pic of a gear shape icon down the left hand side of page. Unchanged /default settings will be greyed out.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
  2. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Cheers DD. I was also under that impression however I could not notice a difference and there was no performance hit. I figured out my problem. I didn't configure rF2 to use the new 3840x2160 resolution it now has when enabling DRS :eek: A quick test around interlagos on 4x with 0 smoothness. Hmm yeah there are some very minimal gains visually however its not worth the 100FPS hit on my 780ti. Disabled for me ;)

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Like DD said it's interresting for old sims because going from e.g. 600 to 500fps have no impact on your experience quality and greatly enhance the quality. For me I disabled it too for rF2 as I can't keep my 60fps even with DRS 1.20 (I73770K and GTX670).

4. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I can't find the option for it anywhere? My card is a GTX780...

5. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

NVidia control panel => manage 3D Parameters=>Global Settings tab (not the individual Program settings tab)

I didn't find it too at the beginning...

6. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Still not seeing anything named "DSR"? :(

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

DD posted this on post #26 of this thread (mine is in French so not really helpfull)

View attachment 14677

Obvious (and stupid) question: you have the latest available drivers of course? ;)

Edirt: better if not the thumbnail ;)

8. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

HAHA!

But no, 100% not there. I disabled nvidia surround, did a restart too. Yes, current drivers :(

9. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

It will be in your global settings, not program settings. That's how it is in mine anyway.

10. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Where did you read that, it's not true for sure :). I have a 4K monitor and DSR goes all the way to 4x
    View attachment 14678

Just wanted to dispel the Myth.

11. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Pah, I've downloaded the drivers the DSR is there and is always set to off no matter what I change. Anyone got any ideas?

Update...
    FIXED (for anyone who might have the same problem). Go to control Panel/Mouse and untick the Automatically Move Pointer To the Default Button in A Dialog Box in the Pointer Options tab.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Can we conclude that this definitely has no benefit for rF2 (though it may for older titles)?

My conclusion is that it performs significantly worse and looks ever so slightly worse than 2x SGSS with 8xQ AA, even at a staggering 4x setting. If it can't even equal the video quality of our existing settings at 4x, then there isn't much hope of it being useful.

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I noticed refinement on smaller things (shadows and jaggies) though it did indeed cost a handful of frames.

14. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Ah, thanks for correcting me. In my defense though, i read this from another website reviewing DSR.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I pretty sure anything you change in NVCP changes all game profiles to [ELEVATED]

So when you install a new driver, reset NVCP and apply, then change any settings you use globally, no need to save it.

Then open Inspector and import saved profiles.

That is the order I do it in anyways.

Sort of mad Tip:
    ==========

In NVCP untick add desktop context.

Go to ( 64bit) C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client\nvcplui.exe

Make a shortcut in folder rename it Nvidia and then pin it to the startmenu ( you cant rename pinned items)

Same thing with nvidiaInspector.exe rename a shortcut to Inspector and pin to startmenu, same for AB.

I really not much for start, quick or context menus and icons as you see from pics. hehe

Pics: My entire OS menu/shortcuts, all that is left of Microsoft is CALCULATOR. lool ;)

16. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

When I tried DSR with the last drivers along with the patch offered by someone at guru3d. FSX and P3D ran fine. Using it with rF2 always gave me a hard lock after about 20 minutes. Then with new drivers I tried DSR again. Same difference. So I went back to 344.11 drivers and nVidia inspector. All is fine now.

I think another drawback I have is the LG wide screen TV that I use. Native resolution is 1360 x 768. Running DSR would give me the extra resolution options in games, but instead of reducing xxx DSR res back down to 1360 x 768 it stayed whatever greater rez I selected in game and centered it on screen. Output looked good but all the video output would not fit on the screen.

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Does that even work good? Sparse Grid Supersampling is supposed to be paired with equal amounts of regular multisampling, for eg. 2x and 2x, 4x and 4x, or 8x and 8x...

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Try it yourself and see the excellent results. It's not a direct 2x and 2x thing. It's a complex interaction and compatibility. So "higher" AA settings that by themselves would look better actually look worse with SGSS enabled. I was just suggesting you try a setting that already works well and at least at my end works better and performs better than DSR. There are even better quality options with SGSS, but I would need a new rig to use them at FPS suitable for rF2.

P.S., if you really care, the details and intricacies of SGSS settings can be found elsewhere in threads on this site or via Google.

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya I've done a lot of research on it and have read that multiple times - that they should be at the same sample amounts for best results, but if you're getting great results otherwise then perhaps I should do some further testing.

20. Carlo

Carlo Registered

I can vouch for the following:

4xSGSS
    8xQ
    LOD Bias (DX) = -1.5

May be a bit frame heavy for your liking, but does get rid of jaggies and is quite sharp.