NVIDIA 344.48 WHQL GPU Drivers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Yup, DSR is fantastic for older games. Running the GTP mod in NR2003 the tracks especially look much better. I imagine GPL would benefit greatly too.

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

No DSR no nothing :eek:

3. drdrum

drdrum Registered

someone wrote that DSR does not work with triple screens which i have. Im using surround so maybe it doesnt put it in there after configuring.

4. hector0501

hector0501 Registered

Good thanks, how are things with you? Shame about Syncro, I havn't raced online since its demise

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

LOL!!!!!! mod please!!!
    [HR][/HR]
    A bit off topic, but I wish Nvidia used the same suersampling method as AMD. AMD at 4x supersampling looks just about perfect, but with NVidia and 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling + 4x Multisampling, I still see jaggies and - worse - crawling.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
  6. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Someone should make a benchmark with new drivers and pci-e 3.0 16x, 3.0 x8 and 2.0 x16 and SLI with all combinations :)

Spinelli you? :)

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

hehehe

Yeah works nice in older stuff ( well for "me" with limited grunt forget AC rF2 and Zcars )

I not sure why it lets you pick multi rendering resolutions, I not sure which it even defaults to if you do.

Just hope NV Inspector can add soon.

Last version few weeks ago they added MFAA for GTX970/980 and GSync.

Should have put that in NV/AMD thread too .......... doh
    http://www.guru3d.com/files/index.html ....Scroll down 5 new CPUZ and HWInfo while you at it

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

What AA setting are you using with the 4xSGSS? You know that only certain matching settings will look "proper." Try 8xQ with 2xSGSS as an experiment and compare with what you have now. It's rock solid on my rig (other than where there are obvious graphical and texture glitches).

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Nascar great :)

Yeah usually means GPL will play nicely too.

All sims bar rF2 I barely touch, waiting for a few anticipated GPL addons though. lol

This will be a fresh breathe for hopefully all my older stuff and may lend some credence to why I leave 90% of it on my Hardrive.

hahaha

( I know....most are happy with a 256GB SSD for OS and sims )

Anyways, only tried GTR 100 cars worked lovely, reset all GTR/GTL/rF/FTruck configs ( 11 folders) ready to test.

GSC should be another keeper it runs high fps with good systems I believe. ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
  10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

May not matter.

lool

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=393807

Add another reason to the list why I don't like consoles 'berry much. :rolleyes:

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya I might do some benchmark comparisons.

SGSSAA + MSAA (at equal amounts)
    VS
    Combined AA modes (8xS, 32xS, etc.)
    VS
    DSR + 4xMSAA

Does that seem fair? Any other combos? I think someone above (forgot who) mention combining the "combined" AA modes (eg. 8xS, 12xS, etc.) with SGSSAA, but I know with SGSSAA you're supposed to combine it with MSAA of the same amount (eg. 2x SGSSAA + 2x MSAA, 4x SGSSAA + 4x MSAA, etc.) so I'm not really sure the "proper" way of combining the "XxS" modes with SGSSAA....

12. myself9

myself9 Registered

I've been testing it out at 2x with 10 smoothing or whatever it's called. Looks great, but the driver seems pretty unstable right now.
    Crashes rF1 HARD. Tested it out with a half dozen other games and I'm pretty excited us Nvidia guys got some love :)

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

GSCE may be the apple that sticks out from the bunch. There's been more and more added to the base and while it should still run smoothly you could perhaps see dips < 60FPS. I am saddened that setting the thing to 4.0x does mess up the menu/overlays in some titles :(. So I'll just have to keep my regular resolution with maxed out smoothing stuff, though it's not AS good for pre-2011 stuff.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

4K Raw GTR2 image below, sorry about the size but upload would resize it to 1920.

Not a jaggie or sparkle in sight. lol :)

Fps is low but it is 100 cars and settings are totally maxxed out.

Was still driveable got back to 60 fps once they thinned out.

cockpits look maddo lol

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
  15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

[​IMG]

That's amazing! I compared my rF2 maxed out with additional nVidia a-a and I lost about 6 frames (BTCC Civic at Silverstone, 18 cars) with 4K. Assetto is one of the games whose UI gets all screwy with DSR and I still am to try Arkham City, Portal 2, and Dishonored so I unfortunately will not leave my settings that way until I find some help... if there is any. Games that can properly handle scaling within themselves seem to suffer from this issue.

16. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I have a problem with the new drivers and the triple screen configuration. With the new drivers, the mirrors are extremely large on the outer monitors. If I put back the old drivers everything is back to normal. Is this a driver problem or a new setting within the driver?

17. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

As per description. Keep default for old behavior (whatever track creator uses for materials), force one of available negative/positive biases... or set to "0" to force neutral bias, which is what I always set.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

First thing would be don't use Inspector to overclock with , use MSi AB or EVGA Precision

From looks that is the OC model running stock clocks ? Nice card.

Personally I would leave it as, still my recommendation would come considering
    stuff like PSU, case cooling, ambient temperature, even your cpu clockspeed.

Anyways I would start with a reputable site OCing the same card, like this.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_770_windforce_review,22.html

" Maybe, not too much effect, alot of stuff " .......... not exactly inspiring. lol ;)

20. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Yeah this is my concern. I have custom rF2 profile setup in NV inspector so as DRS is not available at this level does this mean I have to delete this profile or move these custom settings to global for the DRS option to work?