Nuerburg_GP_DRS

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ISR, Aug 13, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Fair enough... :)

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Thank you mianiak.
    Great job.
    We'll be patient waiting your version. ;)

3. mianiak

mianiak Registered

No worries, though I do feel kinda bad that others have put effort into this track. I have been working on it for over a year, I think I first put my hands on it in about June 2012, I suppose I should have spoken up about it sooner, but then again, it was never a serious project until about midway through this year, that's when I committed to doing it properly.
    It's not really a conversion either, its becoming more of a scratch built track because by the time I have finished it, I will have replaced everything with new models and textures, the only relation to the original rF1 track would be that I used it as a template.

I also started doing the same thing to com8's Nords,

I rebuilt the track and terrain, replaced all the X trees with billboard trees and had started on the guard rails. But it was slowly becoming a massive job and other commitments were more important so I shelved it. But not to worry, pleclair is doing a great job on it.

4. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Those Nuerburg GP screenshots are very impressive. Thanks for sharing them. Looking forward to following your project. This is one of my favorite tracks.

5. mianiak

mianiak Registered

It's a catch 22 situation, if you don't post a wip thread, someone else will start on it. The way I see it, a wip thread is more of a way to make a claim to the track and inform other track builders that you are working on it. But the downside is, people get excited about it, it's almost like creating a false hope, because it can take from 6 months up to a year or more for a single person to do a proper job to fit in with rf2 standards (depending on the track builders other commitments that is). Then over a year later when everyone has lost the buzz, it gets released :D haha. I honestly don't see this track being properly finished before Xmas, but I do intend to release it earlier to get feedback before I do the final bits and call it done.

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

What?! are you kidding me?! from this video this already looks much better that Pleclair version!

7. mianiak

mianiak Registered

That's not a nice thing to say. Artists are eccentric, emotional people, it comes with the territory. Reading something like that can have massive repercussions which will be felt right down the line to the end user. It's more important to encourage new people regardless of their level of talent. I have been doing this stuff for over 6 years both professionally and as a hobby, I would expect no less of myself than a proper job well done. But that doesn't give me the right to take away something someone else is putting their heart into, I'm happy to stand back and let pleclair do it, just as I was prepared to stand back and let lagg do the GP circuit. It was only when he said he stopped and I saw the reaction of the community, that I started getting back into this again.

But thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it none the less ;)

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Sorry, but I didn't want to offend Leclair because he is doing such a great effort and job!
    Said this, why can't we have 2 version of this track?! really, from this video it looks much natural, the trees, the lighting, the road textures...... it would really great if you decide to continue this project!

9. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

It does look very good, more complete then pleclairs for sure. That isn't to detract from the other version, multiple versions of tracks give people more choice

Like you say, when both are finished probably 50:50 split on who 'prefers' one over the other just on look and feel

10. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Same here. Always one of my 'go-to' tracks in any game. Probably because I had so much fun at Nurburgring GP when racing online in GT5.

It's a nice layout and is great fun in all different types of car.

Pleclair is doing a fine job with his conversion but I have to agree, mianiak's version does look rather special.

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ps(OT): I found this video in your YT channel! from this video you can see how the Megan looks much better with the old rf2 builds, better shaders and reflections?!

12. mianiak

mianiak Registered

It's all good, I only posted that video to get pleclair's attention to answer the pm I sent him last week :D

13. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... well you got everyone else`s attention too mianiak. ;)

No offence intended to pleclair in anyway from me either but your version does have a certain look to it, very nice indeed.

pleclair is learning as he goes and I`m sure will do a very good job... couldn`t hurt to have two versions though could it. :)

14. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I think mianiak could release his version 'as is' and many of us will be very happy.

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Agreed!

:)

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

++++++++++++++11111111111111111111

17. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Yeah, LOL, and right after mentioning how he didn't want the extra attention that a dedicated Nuerburg thread would create.

Just messing with you of course, Mianiak. :p

18. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

OT.. mianiak, have you done any further work on Searpoint since ver. 1.35??

19. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Not at this stage, I plan to get back to it after Nurburg if nothing else comes up beforehand.

20. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

That is great news.