Released NOW Available Sebring International Raceway!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

There is a skin pack for the gte cars?

2. Numrollen

Numrollen Registered

I would buy this track if you would update all old tracks with everything whats possible to make them also feel and looks better. Most of them really feel outdated.
    The same for all this old cars. Its so sad they all fall behind and are undriveable if you know how they could feel.

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Well I've had time to do some laps and have to say "wow, lovin' it" the FFB is fantastic.
    Sebring is not my favourite track though so I probably won't drive it as much as some of the others I have.
    It would be good to get Bathurst with all the extras this track has (hopeful smile :)). Anyway I will get some use out of it, so money well spent.
    Thanks again S397.

4. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Does any developer update their tracks, released years ago with some new data? Don't think so. I understand your point but this is absolutely uncommon. It would be better, from my point of view, to set up the topics S-397 is working on, then also some more original content (tracks, cars) to get more substance on that high level we experience in the last month with GTE, GT3, Sebring etc. This is the stuff becoming rF2 more popular. And of course a multiplayer mode which is competitve to the benchmark or similiar to that.

I mean working on old content is right now not the best way to develop the brand. (but I would appreciate that as well - don't get me wrong). Rather get some of the best tracks out there...Le Mans, Bathurst, Spa, Nürburgring and so on.

ebeninca, kimbo and mesfigas like this.
  5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

we must look further to the future...but indeed a bad taste remains when play old content
    anyways

6. Louis

Louis Registered

Isi Montreal looks good but feels completely flat with the mod i tried. And it is not a problem mod related because with the same mod and same settings, Rrfactor Montreal is awesome.

lagg likes this.
  7. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

It's funny how iRacing is taken as a "standard", guys, do a little experiment, launch the game, select a track and go to see the tirewalls, c'mon, they have excellent textures in all tracks but the 3D models aren't so good. Reuse the same box circa 1998 :D

Going back to rFactor 2, what an excellent decision or opportunity was that the first laser scanned track is Sebring, a track that seems more apt for motocross than for high performance cars, the feel is incredible, totally addictive. What a track, what a job!!!!.
    I hope it's the first of many more, it's worth every penny.

ede78, McKiernan, Alex72 and 3 others like this.
  8. filippu

filippu Registered

Reiza does it. When they update a technology, they update every track or car. But shhhh don't repeat it, I wouldn't like facts go in the way of fanboyism ;)

But with textures, it's the other way round. iracing textures are brilliant, and in rf2 they are meh at best. the grass especially is a disgrace.
    iracing's version is what, 8 years old ? it's quite telling that rf2's version is compared to such an old track.

Guimengo likes this.
  9. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Ok. New to me. Does AMS has laserscanned tracks and they updated all die old ones?
    But no matter respect for Reiza. Not obvious. Question is how economical it is ;). Anyway.

10. kimbo

kimbo Registered

Guys is time to add basshakers, sebring is amazing with them

Alex72, fsuarez79 and Levelup1 like this.
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If I'm not mistaken one of the Brit pack tracks is laser scanned, dont know which one and as I said if I'm not mistaken

12. Emery

Emery Registered

I think nobody updates their laserscans. Can anybody provide examples?

Reiza is absolutely the best in the industry at managing their HUGE content library. Old stuff is updated to match new standards across the board when their technology changes, provided it doesn't require laserscanning.

Kunos is probably second best (kudos for them updating all their cars to the same tire version), followed by RaceRoom (who update tracks, but not so much when it comes to old car series).

Alex72 and mesfigas like this.
  13. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Never heard of iracing “updating” their tracks,folks have been asking for years for older tracks to be rescanned because they were re surfaced or the layout changed,but when I was there,they didn’t do any of that,from what I can remember.

14. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Iracings textures and colour scheme I like to call “the simpsons” it’s just flat and bland,rf2 and raceroom our do them in this area

15. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

With 29 AI drivers, (GTE and Oreca) but with the original content, I haven't added any skins, not sure if that would make a difference

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Anyone had any issues with Sebring? I ran a race tonight with GT3 and GTE and they all retired cos ran out of fuel within two laps.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

When ive referred to Iracings tracks as a gold standard I’m only really comparing track surfaces out to the side walls/barriers

( Other items such as buildings that are fairly close are usually in the point cloud too of course but don’t really effect the character of the track or the driving )

Iracings surfaces are the very best
    Noted not all tracks have much surface character especially some of the Japanese tracks ( they must be very strict when surfacing their tracks) but confident Iracings track team deliver a very very close 1:1 representation

AC on the other hand don’t seem to do this any where near as well, not that their tracks are bad -the layouts are accurate thanks due to working within a scan etc

Studio397’s Sebring is top work ,
    Of course all the features of rfactor2 increase the enjoyment even further than Iracings

I really hope this track is a big hit & many sales , maybe more resource can be put into future laser tracks
    -my money is waiting

PS as soon as a track is scanned it’s captured in time , if any future real world changes or resurfacing then it would need to be rescanned , the original virtual track is still as good & becomes a more recent “historic” track
    Iracing has re-released certain tracks & the user can choose which version to host or private practice on

Emery, vittorio and mesfigas like this.
  18. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

This track at sunset is spectacular! Thanks, S397!

19. filippu

filippu Registered

I think it looks better at night. With lights off.

20. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I'd have said the Simpsons was quite colourful