noticed strange thing.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by perplex, Oct 25, 2012.

1. perplex

perplex Registered

hey folks,

tonight i was around on some servers and i was having fun with the 370z, like the other day before.

the problem i had with the car on that evening i didnt notice any other time i played with it. so i guess its some setting on the server and i would like to know which is causing the different feeling. the problem i have with the car/server combo was weird.

every time due downshifts the sound was much smoother and not that "crunchy" lol like the other day. and the cars behaviour due downshifts was much different to my experience the night before ( the rear end stepped out a lot and not that fast downshifting possible/smoother downshift sound).
    i couldnt believed it so i changed to an empty server to try it again. the problem was gone and i could drive that car (370z) vettel-like again. (brake hard/downshift very fast,crunchy noise whistling every downshift)

all aids off except auto clutch.
    i tried with def. setup.

the server where i noticed the strange feeling was : TRD3.NET *Campeoneto* Desca or something like that.
    and the one where all weird problems were gone : www.cconline.cc

would be nice if you guys could check it and tell me ur feelings... just run a few corners on those two servers and try downshift very fast and tell me your opinion about the difference between the sound and behaviour of the rear end under braking/shifting. thanks in advance.

roberto

2. cookie

cookie Registered

Just a guess the server may have auto clutch set to off

3. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

That would be my guess too. A shortfall in the Clutch/Gearbox system lets you change gear without a Clutch with hardly any penalty.

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You can change gear without clutch even without Autoclutch, thats definite, its always been that way.
    You need the clutch only at getting away, or to save a stall.
    Just try it.

5. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Thats been my experince as well, you can still shift W/O clutch , for me a server with auto clutch off = stall when entering the game as soon as I put it in gear becaus clutch was not depressed , I dont know if thats the case for all but thats a for sure way to tell if auto clutch is on or off , at least in rf1 it was ..

?

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yes, thats the stuation, full clutch usage has not been implemented yet, Im not sure if it will ever.
    There is a long discussion about it, I yet dont know if the problem is software or hardware as I dont know any sim that implements it and nobody has given a definite explanation about it afaik.

7. perplex

perplex Registered

clutch wasnt off ... could enable/disable that - nothing changes. server is broken in my eyes . pls test those two if u find some mins.

8. elbo

elbo Registered

Server enabled autoblip maybe?

9. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

sure about default setup as well??? Didn't it have a different, fixed setup. Doesn't really explain all your issues, but it's a start ;)

10. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I can comfirm from testing the server he mentioned TRD3.NET that the shifting is as he discribes , most noticable on downshifts from mian strait going into T1 it grabs and throws the rear out defalt set . Testing on same track same Zcar defrent server was smoothe no grabbing on downshifts so they have somthing set up with blip or IDK ? but i dont think auto shift is off as i tried to stall the car with no luck ..

That brings me to somthing I think is missing in rf2 , the ablitily to chk server settings as client , like in rf1 you could check and see whats on/ off and how many laps race is ectt.. I cant seem to find that info on servers in rf2 ,alwase have to ask "how many lap's is the race " ectt...
    wish list maybe ??
    lol

11. perplex

perplex Registered

thanks for confirming/checking ... im not alone :) so we figured out its the blip ? or we believe it ? btw. what is that blip exactly doing ? or what should the benefit from it ? for me its just an issue.

12. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Sounds like they have it set realistically then. You can't just throw it into a lower gear with no blip and expect to keep it straight.

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Throttle blip is supposed to attempt to match engine speed with transmission speed to reduce the sudden impact that shifting would have if the throttle were left alone. By blipping the throttle on shift you prevent the rear wheels from either locking or spinning to some degree, or at least you prevent it from happening because of the shift itself. A good example is when you are downshifting to 1st for a hairpin. Without throttle blip, either by you or by the sim, your back end would enter the turn first as you would be going backwards. With throttle blip, the deceleration isn't a sudden jarring event and you can smoothly brake for the corner.

1 person likes this.
  14. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Good explanation GJ thx !

In your PLR under [Driving Aids] you can find it , I believe its set to 1 or on by defalt ..

snip>
    Auto Blip="1" // Whether to automatically blip with manual shifting but auto-clutch (non-semiautomatic trans only)

15. argo0

argo0 Registered

Another feature that should be in the UI. Arguably, a sim should set this at off as default. I have both auto lift and auto blip set to off. The game is more enjoyable if you have to deal with it yourself!