Notes on corner workers animations

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by ethone, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ethone

ethone Registered

Previous notes:
    Environment reflections
    Wet weather

Just some hurdles I fell over when putting the corner workers on my track:
    - they're a bit tiny at 1.70m. I resized them to 1.90m and put them on a small box so they can swing that flag over the guardrail and not through it. ;)
    - when you copy a pair of marshalls and the accompanying bones, the bones will have the numeric suffix that 3ds max puts on them. E.g. CWROOTB001. Select those with such suffixes and use Tools -> Rename Objects -> Remove last: 3 Digits to revert them back to their base names, or rF2 won't load since it can't find bones like CWROOTB001 in the anm file.
    - When you put several marshals on your track, they MUST be continuously numbered. I had a gap (_000, then _002) in them and all the higher marshals wouldn't animate. Renaming them to _000, _001, _002 etc. made them work properly again.

Thanks to Volker who took some work off my hands in getting me started with these.

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Isn't that where the "Fix Bone Names" checkbox comes in handy :) ? Perhaps the PDF doesn't describe this properly. I'll keep it in mind, next time I need to tweak it.

3. ethone

ethone Registered

So Fix Bone Names does just what I did with the Rename Objects tool?
    That would save me three clicks or so. ;)