[REL] Nordschleife3 v3.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by DJCruicky, Jul 22, 2014.

1. McFlex

McFlex Registered

But above you wrote that he managed 60 garagespots, two cars in each garage. If you really consider putting 4 cars in one garage parking infront of each other, then i have to tell you that it is a really bad idea. It won't work online as offline. Offline the AIs will just crash each other in the garage an online won't work because the cars behind can't leave the garage without getting damage due to ramming their way out of the garage. I also think that if you rethink your decision and use the area behind the garages you should add more pitspots. And as the pitlane is wide enough you could position two pitspots next to each other.

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I have, but the biggest problem (as always) is not the garage locations but the pit spots (especially with AI). There is plenty of room behind the pit building and it should be easy to create 50 garage locations there, but all cars have to do the pit stops in the pitlane and most leagues want to have individual pit spots for each car. There is some space left and with some tweaking it should be possible to squeeze maybe 50 pit spots in the pitlane. More than that and the AI creates mayhem. :D
    If you start a session with more cars than garage locations, rfactor creates new temporary locations in front of the existing ones. I've tried that (with 103 AI) and it works good, only problem is that the cars in the second row are blocked until the cars in front leave the pit.

3. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

I thinl around 50 pit stops would be enough for leauges. In real life they have less pit spots and with mixed classes it should be ok. Just like reality you could end up there with someone blocking your spot, but very unlikely with diffrent classes and the length of the track.

4. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Yeah see my post above :D

And what about the idea of creating two pitspots right next to each other? The "pitspot lane" is wide enough for that. So you could have 60 pitspots for theoretically 120 cars.

5. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Would work fine for online, but for AI races the AI would just crash into other pitted cars while trying to get to their spots.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Screw the leagues, in real life teams coordinate so the drivers stop in following laps or come in the same lap if there's enough time to service both (as you'd know from F1). There's a limit to what you can do and you cannot please everybody, your time would surely be better spent on addressing other aspects of the track.

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Oi!

:p

Btw guise, only seriously tested the latest version on Nordshleife Days last week and I gotta say, pretty frigging great work :)
    It's been a bit of a stuttering hell with multiple peeps joining, had to tone down effects and turn off HDR and replays but even with that the track still looks amazing!

8. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

Are you planning to remove the bump at Hocheichen ? :p
    [​IMG]

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

It's planned for version 4.0! Estimated release date is Christmas 2016. :p

BTW here are some screens of the new pit layout. The pit extension does a complete lap on the GP track (outlap) and connects to the pit path in turn 1.
    I've managed to include 104 garage spots and 41 pit spots. The first 19 for two cars (38), 20 - 41 for three cars (66). 38 + 66 = 104! Don't forget to upgrade to 16GB RAM (just put it on your Christmas gift list). :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
  10. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Throwing this out there.

As soon as this version is out there I will put on a one off race to see what we can achieve online.

I have a feeling my dedi box will die lol

But let's try and fill it!!!!!!!

11. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

Yes, just put in all closed modern cars from ISI from the Clio to the GT1. I tried this combo today with 103 AI I was really asftonished it actually worked. In the garage it was very jittery, but could drive it with 60 FPS.

12. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Have you tested this option or is it just a guess? Because as i see on the screenshots now the AI would crash trying to leave their pitspots. I think if you just do 30 pitspots in a row and add another row the AI could better leave their pitspots without crashing.

btw screw offline racers :D Which proper simracers cares about racing the AI :D

13. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Sounds like a plan. I really want to put this on.

Organise it around other events so as many people as possible can join.

If it all dies, so be it. Worth it to test.

14. Gupster

Gupster Registered

DJC & Tosch, Please make it look just like this :p

15. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Nice one Tosch,
    If you could stagger the order like we did with the Tourist version will help avoid parking bumper to bumper with car infront or behind.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...81-WIP-24-Hour?p=297972&viewfull=1#post297972
    It's easy to do that with notepad.

What you think, space out the first 20 cars on the grid too? I might need to make some extra mini start lights :eek::D

I know in real life they do 1 lap of full track then rolling start.

cheers

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

This Z-flickering has been around since rF1 and affects almost every track out there, even ISI ones and the "best" conversions and scratch-made tracks. Quick conversions are a flickering mess of distraction. Is this an issue that ISI could theoretically fix in a general update, or do you have spend endless hours trying to fiddle with work-arounds?

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

NO!

18. Jyyka Pihtari

Jyyka Pihtari Registered

That's obviously a fake video, because the right hander after Ex-Muhle is missing...;)

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Lol was that the same guy that went cuckoo-bananas in an earlier video when he felt he had held up by some MC's? ;)

20. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Im waiting then :cool: