Noob Q: Is rFactor2 possible alternative to F12012?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pjsaunders75, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Whykonen

Whykonen Registered

That's it Robert. I totally agree. Apples and Pears are both nice, just depends on what you want.

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

As stated by others, if you are looking for single player career mode, rF2 is not your cup of tea. This sim is designed more for online league racing rather than single player career mode racing. That being said, at times it is difficult to find something that would challenge in a specific area like single player without making the game a little crazy for some of us.

It all comes down to personal choice really. Find a game/sim that performs well in the specific areas you are looking for and you should be fine, but first think about what specific area you are looking for that great performance. Is it mainly just the fact that you can do a career mode? Is it the car physics and track dynamics? Is it working with the virtual car team? You obviously don't need to answer here, but in your head so you know for certain what to look for and what to ask about.

For solid racing online right now I use Race 07. For my current offline fun, I use Dirtbag's Dirt Track Racing series of games.

3. kleanphil

kleanphil Registered

Hi Pat,my 2 cents ,get a wheel,get rf1 and visit OutlawsRacing.com and join the online action.:)

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Hi Pat,my 2 cents ,get a wheel,get RF2 and visit sr4l.com and join the online action.:)

(if you want to go hardcore but easy online that is)

sorry for copying kleanphil, couldnt resist it :)

5. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

+1 Robert... rF2 is far away to be for casual players. If he want casual racing and play against AI in championship, chalenges, fast races, online pickup racing.... rF2 isn't for him. I didn't play F1 2012, but I played a lot of time GT5, and isn't necessary be a sim to be fun, obviously, at this moment, I wouldn't play F1 2012, but I think he would enjoy It :D.

6. kleanphil

kleanphil Registered

:rolleyes: lol , I mentioned it because yes i think RF2 is along way from the casual player and i noticed he is Aussie which helps and also we are gunna run an F1 Champ next year he might be interested in ,were happy to help. When RF2 is ready our members will make the move :)

Oh and were very casual

7. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

To the OP, RF2 and F1 2012 are two oposite tittles, one seek simulation other is an arcade and is designed for that, if you want to "play" take Codies, it's great arcade, amazing graphics, if you want experience simulation take RF2, maybe you can play with a gamepad, and maybe it's fun, but i think that's is not what RF2 is designed, IMO.

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Honestly, I would get RFactor 2. The only way youcould be disapointed with RF2 is if you arent of fan of driving a racing car.

9. rhamm

rhamm Registered

rFactor 1 actually works fairly well with a gamepad. I haven't tried rfactor 2 with a gamepad. I'd personally stay away from rFactor 2 unless you want to be a beta tester.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  10. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
  11. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

F1-2012 simply cannot be an option whatever be your premises. There's nothing to do with apple & oranges comparison.

The game is a enormous bug. There are bug everywhere: non-sense weather (blue sky in Bahrain AND raining at the same time - LOL) your car will stall for minutes in the pits, there's penalizations if you touch your opponent but they'll never be penalized even they destroy your car, invisible walls for crashing, pace car bug, there's no championship mode anymore (LOL x 2) and the free practices were removed from the long weekend race (LOL x 3).

The driving model is better, indeed, IF you have a good wheel. It's far from GTR 1 or RFactor 1, but still... it's a progress. But the progresses stop right here.

So, in short: the game is broken, it doesn't matter which title you'll choose for comparison.

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

casual gamer + console controller = F1 2012

Blowing money on rF2 when you're only 1/2 serious is a waste.

If you cant have casual fun on console with mates. ?

THEN WHATS THE USE OF THEM ! ? lol p

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You can delete duplicate posts you know.......

14. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Xbox got me Forza, Forza got me with a good club, the club had PC Racers, I now have a full rig and rF2...consoles are a gateway drug, my name is Paul and I am an addict :cool:

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Biggest addiction I ever had was CMR3.
    Oh, what a drug. comming home from a 4 hours drive from summer house in the middle of the night and get on simming till morning, trying to win that championship!
    Wife was sure I was nuts! (still is-sure)

16. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Well i have to say, when i first got my hands on rF2 i was using a 360 pad...yep thats right a 360 pad,
    and i could mix with the guys that were using wheels and pedals without incident...but then some kind
    person :) sent me a momo racing wheel and pedals and i've never looked back since :),but thats not to say
    don't use a pad, because i know that pads do work well for some people.

oh and by the way rf2 all the way...pad or wheel...just imho.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
  17. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Agreed. I have the game. It's one gigantic bug with smaller bugs living on it like fleas. And if you're not careful, the bugs will have babies.

Compare F1 2012 to pCARS, not rF2.

SMS and Codemasters make similar games.

18. Tony

Tony Registered

:D I sniggered like Muttley when I read your post

19. Eero Forsblom

Eero Forsblom Registered

Honest answer. For serious driving or serious multiplayer rf2.
    For a career game F1 2012.

I wouldn't compare to pcars as it doesn't have any true gamemodes either. Can't say about how pcars drives..

edit. I'm not a huge fan of iRacing either, but that would probably be the best option for truly competitive multiplayer experience.

20. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

This.