Non admin user

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by McBrain, Sep 8, 2012.

1. McBrain

McBrain Registered

Hi all,

I have a strict separation between users. The user I work/play with has no admin rights on my PC and UAC is switched off.
    When I start rF2 with a fresh user profile after configuring it, the screen goes black but nothing happens.

Any idea?

Thanks & regards

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Have you tried installing the sim outside the normal UAC areas to see what happens? I would normally install into C:\Games\rF2 or something like that. This way, regardless of the UAC being on or off, your install should work. I just don't trust MS to turn everything off when you switch off UAC, hehehe.

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Are you saying you cannot right click the shortcut and choose "run as administrator"??

Unless you created a guest account, your user account should be able to "run as admin".

4. McBrain

McBrain Registered

I guess I could do that, actually havent tried. I usually run all my programs and Sims without admin rights, never had an issue so far, at least the issue are long time ago.... and I used to say a program that requires admin rights is an evil program (unless it is doing admin stuff) :)

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

OK, go to

C:\Users\(your Windows account)\Documents\rFactor2\Support\DirectX

and run the DirectX installer and see if that helps.

If not, try run as admin.

6. dandar

dandar Registered

Be sure to check your launcher configuration, set both FXAA and HDR to on OR off, some guys have black screen mixing the on/off in those settings.

7. McBrain

McBrain Registered

Actually shot myself into the foot :), messed up the directory with the config data and so on. Fresh reinstall fixed the issue!

1 person likes this.