no reflectioons visible in devmode after update68??

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Anonim, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Anonim

Anonim Registered

Unfortunately, all thoise beautiful reflections exported from max 2010 after the update 68 in dev mode aren't visible anymore... what's wrong?

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Seems to be like that for me too. Also fixed cubemap shader looks different.

edit1: Just checked and noticed that everything works fine for ISI cars, so our own cars are faulty.

edit2: After checking very carefully, I noticed that there actually is environmental reflections. But the scale of the reflection "image" is so huge you barely see anything happen. But still doesn't explain why my cube map reflections are way too bright. Maybe I need to darken alpha channels?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
  3. Anonim

Anonim Registered

and now?.... is there any solution to fix that? :confused:

4. Johannes Rojola

No idea, I want to wait for any official confirmation before I start to make any changes to my cars :D Unfortunately staff has been very quiet at this board... :/

5. Anonim

Anonim Registered

indeed.....

6. Anonim

Anonim Registered

I will check it! thanx! :)

7. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Off topic:
    No kidding, I asked a question about hlglo objects. 160+ views no replys lol. All I find on google is the stuff I already know, and still cant make my hlglo work :rolleyes:
    On topic:
    Is this problem only in devmode? I found things in devmode drasticly different than in the game. Not sure if I was doing anything wrong tho, more or less matched in-game display settings except I dont know what the shader level selector is for, just left it on auto.

8. toebee

toebee Registered

DevMode has always acted a little different, but the update did change somethings. I am having similar problems with reflections. I am also seeing many textures that use transparency acting strange as well. Haven't had the time to look into it yet.

9. Johannes Rojola

Luckily I had some screenshot from build 60, so I can compare the change:

[​IMG]

In this new build the car seems to be completely bleached out. I know it can be tamed down via alpha layer, but it still doesn't explain why rTrainer looks same as in build 60. I carefully made sure everything is made like suggested in car tutorial, but obviously we don't know everything there is. Same goes to the windows material where no help is available.

If this is only problem in ModDev, that is very frustrating because I just don't have energy to test out stuff in actual game because it is so complicated procedure.

10. Anonim

Anonim Registered

so the second screenshot is from build 60?

11. Johannes Rojola

The second image is from the new build.

12. Anonim

Anonim Registered

it looks like you have used cube map t1 (from the new build).. but mine looks even worse...

13. Johannes Rojola

I used the shader suggested in tutorial, "bump cube specular map add alpha reflect T1 lerp T2 vertex". The assigned cube map file works in spinner and in tracks that don't have refmaps, but it is too bright or washed out compared to earlier build.

14. Johannes Rojola

Okay, now I've noticed that environmental reflections do work at Belgium track in Dev Mode, but not in Joesville.

15. Anonim

Anonim Registered

I will check it later! thanx! :) please, continue to report your findings! :)

16. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

IIRC Joesville has no RefMap0 set up in the SCN, which could/should explain the missing reflections. At some point during the beta, Joesville will get an overhaul with all the latest stuff.

17. Johannes Rojola

I have some of my own tracks which neither have refmap0, but assigned car cube map works correctly. But not in Joesville, so that is a bit odd.

18. toebee

toebee Registered

Same here, but joesville environment reflections worked even without the refmap before build 68 so go figure lol. Certainly makes troubleshooting a pain.

19. websta

websta Registered

I noticed my vehicle looked wrong, it looked as though the sun was shining from below (sort of orangy glow).
    I noticed one time, when I started, the windows were not even drawn at all (car looked normal but with no glass and no reflections), but when I pulled away, the windows appeared and with it came back the orange glow.
    Now I have a car which handles badly and looks terrible, not so inspiring.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
  20. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

I noticed coreshaders.mas has changed since build 60. Maybe this has something to do with these issues? Maybe try updating shaders in 3dsmax and re-exporting?

I have noticed a few changes with the shaders, particularly with regards to windows and reflections.