No Onboard sound anymore

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by thifremana, Oct 10, 2023.

Tags:
  1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have had two windows updates in the past week or so...also use headphones via a usb cord with a built in soundcard. Razer I think.
    I'll see if those are acting up.

2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

For me it doesn't matter if I am using the onboard sound card or the headphones wich are linked in via their own external soundcard. Some other interesting points are that content that isn't updated to the new sound engine (like the Tatuus F4 and the Radical) won't give any onboard engine sound at all while the tires and transmission, aswell as the opponent cars are fine - that's all in online mode. External sounds are ok aswell. Yesterday I had an online race with the M2 wich worked fine. But it still doesn't explain why I need to change the number of effects to get the sounds back and why there is a limit of 255 and not 256 as in the description and why I don't get the sounds back in online races but in SP races. Maybe our sound guru @Devin can take a look. If it was a driver or windows issue, wouldn't the other sounds not work aswell? It's really confusing.

3. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

I sent yesterday a trace file to Devin on Discord. Difficult thing is that issue is random. Sometimes don't change to Speakers and work well.

4. Ricky Law

Ricky Law Registered

I'm still without in car sound. I've tried different builds, settings etc, but still no luck. Any other suggestions?

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

wait for the fix from S397. Obvious bug introduced with the RC. They are aware.

6. Dave Collins

Dave Collins Registered

Same problem, I reinstalled rf2 for the new ranking system but same problem as above.
    Tried stable version but had same problem.

7. Ricky Law

Ricky Law Registered

I can get the sound to work by going to "settings " and fiddling with speaker setup. The sound kicks in.

8. Dave Collins

Dave Collins Registered

Yes I also works for me which is doable in single player but not really in online.

9. redapg

redapg Registered

Did you check, while rFactor 2 is running and you rightclick on the Speaker Symbol on the right of the Taskbar, select Loudness Mixer in the opening Selection List, that the below shown Windows opens, that the Sound for rFactor 2 is at 100% and not muted there?
    [​IMG]

10. Dave Collins

Dave Collins Registered

All checked, I've tried wired, wireless, USB headphones all the same.
    Program starts and music is playing, you can hear all mouse clicks, click drive and sound stops you can hear it for a fraction of a second most times then it cuts it dead

11. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Changing on the sound settings, inside rF2, from headphones to speaker and changing again to headphones solved my problem...

12. Dave Collins

Dave Collins Registered

Yes that works but you need to do it every time, not ideal

13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

In my case i only had to do it once...