No Onboard sound anymore

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by thifremana, Oct 10, 2023.

Tags:
  1. thifremana

thifremana Registered

Hi,
    Since a few days, I have no onboard sound when I go driving at the first place.
    To retrieve any onboard sound, each time, I have to go to Settings/ Sound and modify "Number of effects" (+ or -) or modifiy "Speaker configuration" (Speaker->Headphones or Headphones -> Speaker) !
    I tried number of effects 32 To 255 (256 is not possible).
    Notice : every time I first start the game, it returns to Speaker configuration = Speaker instead of Headphones.
    One "initialized", it works until I restart the game.
    Nevertheless, I still have the music and clic menu sounds.
    Every other games are working perfectly.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
  2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I have the same issue. But in some cases I still don't get the onboard engine sound. I can hear the transmission and gear whine, aswell as the tires and opponent cars, but not my own engine. Using the latest RC btw.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Which cars are you both using?

4. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

yeah, me too, I have this Problem also, first I thought it is a Problem with my Mod, but then I had this Problem also with an Studio397 Content

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Looks like your system sounds are set at something other than 41000 or 48000hz

Attached Files:

6. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Where do you find that setting?

7. Goanna

Goanna Registered

In Win10 right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right of the screen and click "Sounds". When the sound window opens up, switch to the "Playback" tab to select the "Speakers" device. Select the "Speakers" device, click "Properties" in the bottom-right of the sound window. On the window for "Speakers Properties", change to the Advanced tab, and in the dropdown there should be options.

Win11 right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right of the screen and click "Sound Settings". Now scroll down to and click on All sound devices, then in the output section click on Speakers.
    On the output settings in the Format area you can change via dropdown. You can also do the same process for Headphones.

Love Guitars n Cars likes this.
  8. Love Guitars n Cars

Thanks!

My onboard engine sounds in the Taatus is still very quiet. Thanks anyways though!!

9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Just did some laps in the Tatuus (318), I did have my legacy engine volume set on 35 and the onboard sound was very low, so bumped it up a bit and no probs hearing it onboard. For reference here are my sound settings.

Attached Files:

10. redapg

redapg Registered

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  11. thifremana

thifremana Registered

First, thanks guys for all your answers.
    Windows audio settings are OK.
    So, after 2 reinstallations of the game, I think I've finaly found the culprit : my antivirus (Avast One).
    I removed it and then everything works now after several reboots for checking!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  12. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Thanks for your advice, but it sadly doesn't fix the issue. Due to the reason that it worked in the stable version before I am pretty safe to say that this is a bug that has crept in with the new RC. I have been running only official content the last couple of days due to testing the new online system. I hope they check it and ship a fix once this build goes public. :)

Btw, I am running a Logitech Pro X gaming headset with the newest drivers but also tested my normal onboard sound with speakers (Windows 10) and it still didn't work no matter wich device I tested.

13. Love Guitars n Cars

Thanks guys, all sorted out now!!

14. Ricky Law

Ricky Law Registered

I too have lost my "in car" sounds, all cars , all tracks. i verified my files in Steam, restarted the game. No Luck. Other game sounds are working fine.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

A post a few above yours mentioned Avast anti-virus. I don't know WHY it should affect the rF2 sound, but that seems to be his solution.
    If you have an anti-virus program, try temporarily disabling it or create an EXCEPTION for rF2.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
  16. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

looks like the Avast is not the Solution, maybe not for everyone, I have this Problem, and a Friend of mine also, but he have not Avast

17. Ricky Law

Ricky Law Registered

I use Avast. I will try to disable or make some kind of exception. I'll check back in later.

18. Ricky Law

Ricky Law Registered

Made an exception in Avast. Nada. Turned off sound in Logitech headphone jack - worked for 1 car! next car. no sound!

19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I could solve it to some extend by disabling Avast. Setting up exceptions doesn't help at all. The wierd thing is that without that I can only solve it in singleplayer by changing the number of effects. There is something pretty wierd going on and I hope that they take a closer look. I suspect for new users not used to the RC concept this could be a big issue.

20. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

Same issue. It seems something broke audio setting when you work with some headsets. My headphones Are Razer bluetooth, I use AVG antivirus, so we should suspect about some Windows update, because it happens also with normal build v1133