'no mod files or installed mods found' error in rFactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paul36, Jul 29, 2012.

1. paul36

paul36 Registered

Hi guys. Not sure what I’ve done. I installed RFactor 2 (beta85) recently and everything seemed to be going ok. I then went to update something...can’t remember what I did.....but I got a dialogue box called 'mod error' when I went to go in to race.

The dialogue box read 'No mod files or installed mods found. Unable to continue. Please download and install at least one mod.'

Now the confusing thing is everything seems to be right on the surface and I'm not sure what to do next. Here is a summary of what I've done to try and fix the problem:
    I’ve uninstalled both historic racing cars and renault 3.5 and then reinstalled them through the ‘manage mods’ facility (and they still say installed and verified as they did before). I’ve updated my beta version to 90. I’ve tried to install the endurance mod and it’s not recognised. I’ve checked the folder: c:\ program files (x86)\ rFactor2\.....and everything is saying installed at todays date or appears there if not.

The only other weird thing is when I go into the update tab, and run the ‘updates check’ that works fine, the version 90 verifies fine and then the log seems to have heaps of stuff that doesn’t verify.

I hope that’s enough info. Anyone had this happen, or has anyone got any ideas.

Thanks, cheers Paul

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Along with the main program being updated the mods have to be updated as well. make sure that you download all of the mods on the DOWNLOADS page as well as making sure you get all the required updates as well. I have not seen your error specifically, but without updating the mods this could be the issue.

Where did you install rF2 BTW? If you installed in "Program Files" folder, then try and install it somewhere else like C:\Games or \rF2 or something just to make sure there isn't an issue with UAC controlled areas.

3. racingsupream2013

racingsupream2013 Registered

I can't update to the new build I am still on 198. I tried to update to 298 but when I verfied it and it gave me a invalid path error. I hit the download button and it does nothing but just sit their. How do I download to the new build.

4. racingsupream2013

racingsupream2013 Registered

oppes wrong thread sry

5. crz

crz Registered

Install it from scratch, much less headache in your case:

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/

Also have a look at the cars below the installer section on that page. Looks like you missed a lot.

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yeah 198 was a dead end. The update system changed so the only way to get past 198 is to install manually. After that the auto updater will work again. Man... 198.. that's a blast from the past. Welcome back. :)