Next Update.....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

And how would you know this?

I mean this is hilarious. All you people do is look at the graphics and think "I should be getting 500+ fps with my 4 year old system."

None of you realize there is so much more going on under the hood than there was in rF1. rF2 is far more technically advanced.

With Real Road and the new tire model, there are far more calculations going on. And don't forget there's now a weather system, with different parts of the track have different temps, some are wet, some drying....different amounts of grip....all that is being calculated in real time....... etc, etc, etc....

I mean there are tons of reasons why rF2 needs more horsepower.

With all due respect, unless you have the source code, you are not qualified to say how powerful a system rF2 needs to do it's thing.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
  2. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

i don't know, but there is no simulation with such dynamicly complexity to render for each frame and the good point for this engnine is, it runs under all conditions (weather, Night, Opponents) with relative constant FPS, and at low FPS no steering lag anymore

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

@buddhatree
    you have missed one thing: whole physics is calculated using one core. Second core is dedicated for media.
    Do you still want to compare rF1 working on single core 7 years ago to rF2 on modern hardware? Physical engine has nothing to do with gfx performance (in short of course). Gfx itself should be comparable with other modern games. Unfortunately is worse in visual as well as performance. That's why I can say, that gfx is not optimized (and I believe it will be in final product)

4. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

you make comparisons for claims, your fail

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

that's how it works

6. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Here's a relatively simple test: Take the simplest track you can find (i.e. Putnam Park), figure out FPS (high, low, and average). Now take the most visually complex track you can find (i.e. Monaco) and figure out FPS. Change as few variables as possible (time of day, cars in field, number of cars, etc.). If you get about the same FPS, then it's limited by CPU/physics most likely. If there is a significant difference, then it's likely GPU limited.

I 'would' say to try the same with cars (change only the car models, same track, same number of cars), but in all likelihood sheer polycount isn't going to make that big of a difference, and the number/resolution of textures will likely be similar--but it may not be a bad test to run, anyway.

7. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

In first look i didn't understand what you really want to say....

I play battlefield 3 with all maxed out with more than 50fps, I Play CARS with everything maxed out with 45/50fps, I play Rfactor 1 in everytrack and all maxed out with 40 cars @ 5040x1050 with fps ALWAYS over 60... Actually 5870 are aples to aples with a GTX 560 and you're telling me that my computer is a calculator? LOL

Rfactor 2 with all maxed without AA only a 1680x1050 don't have even 40fps..... Do you think it's normal for a game like this?

Well for me this conversation it's over because like i said few posts ago who plays without problem think that the others are troll's so it's better to stop here....

Btw i would like to know what is a playable framerate for all the people without problems... For me, everything below 60fps its not enough to be fast in a simracing game.

:)

Cheers

8. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

60 fps with full grid, weather and so on :)

9. Dragos Haba

Dragos Haba Registered

Sometimes when I read this thread I wish someone would invent some kind of tool that would allow me to punch people in the face over the internet...

10. jv27

jv27 Registered

Intro to Logic Please.....

11. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

On ISI's facebook page I just read about a new old track which is supposed to be part of the next update.(?) Is it Le Mans? Is it!? Please say it is! I've seen the movie by/with Steve McQueen. It has to be Le Mans! Please, ISI, please!

;)

@Dragos: Isn't there enough violence on our Planet already? Punching people over the internet! Ts ts. Be nice, learn to appreciate each other! Otherwise we will be extinct sooner or later. That means no more online racing for me, because some individuals just can't get along! That'd be a shame really!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
  12. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I saw that on Twitter too too:

There's ^^ your communication people. Happy? :p

Although I can't find Scott's post??? :confused:

13. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

in rF I need at least 70 FPS for a perfect control and perfect laps, in rF2 I need at least 35 FPS for a perfect control and perfect laps, because the rf2 Engine has better capabilities

Now you know it and good luck for you :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
  14. Spyder

Spyder Registered

The Oxford English Dictionary are asking permission to use your statement to define "Fanboy" ...

15. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

no problem with that :)

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Optimization will GET BETTER

I VSYNC it at 60fps solid so I don't know ? that will do me. !

17. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Strange how different people have different wishes. I'd love to see a 64bit exe and it seems I'm the only one who's asked for this. Come on ISI!!!! :p

@Durge. Vsync is the devil!!!!

18. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Registered

100% correct, just jump from rF1 to rF2 and you can feel / see all of this.

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

VSYNC is smoothness city :) even better with latest NVIDIA driver ...............you use ATi

I have midrange performance PC 2500K + GTX570 ?

I run Spa F3 fastest lap 4:16.3 certainly dont affect my speed !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.