Next Update.....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

What's you PC specs btw?

2. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Q6600@ 3.6ghz
    6GB DDR2 961mhz
    HD 5870 1GB

If i was a Iracing fan i didn't lost my time here don't you thing? All the guys complaining here maybe like Rfactor, want to play it and simply can't do it don't you think?

All of you must think that people are complaining simply because they want to........

Cheers

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Your CPU is holding you back. A next gen Intel CPU (any of them) would bring that 5870 to life.

4. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

I don't think so m8, all over the forum are guys with newest CPU's and HD7000 with same results....

There's a lot of guys complaining about that in forum as you may know. I simply give up. I'll wait for final release to see what appens. The only sad point is that in my league for example we have 50/60 players to race in rfactor 1 consistently and for rfactor 2 we have 10... Simply because people aren't convinced with all this bugs and no one seems to care about that....

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I seriously do wonder about some of you lot ya know!

6. Bogboy

Bogboy Registered

7. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Thats old hardware. This is next gen simulation, you really need something around i5 2500k and a good gpu that is about the latest most bang for the buck card.

8. jjcook

jjcook Registered

hahaha- i paid roughly the same price for a year of iracing as rf2 beta, refused to buy more and ended up with only a few 'rookie' cars and very few tracks to race on- rf2 beta has given me more already- i can wait a year for an update easily and still be more satisfied with what im getting ......an f1 car from the 60's woohoo.....

I can feel peoples pain tho' if they cant get it to work at all- mine works fine for now and many others too- those that are not satisfied should ask for a refund or put it away and come back later......i think buddatree is right - its abit of a catch 22 for isi.....i was thinking the same thing- isi cant release any info for fear it will be thrown in their face by complaints when they cant or dont deliver on time

either way....this thread is pointless....your not making them work any faster by complaining...did you think they were taking an extended break and purposefully withholding updates? did you think your complaints about communication and updates were making a difference? did you think throwing back that they promised this or that helps the situation? I have to think many of you are very 'young' and have not yet learned the value of patience....step away from the keyboard, step away from the sim, you should ask for your money back and go back to fr1 or whatever other sim interests you...come back when its realeased for genearal consumption and then complain when you dont like it- i think the disclaimers for getting involved at this stage are pretty clear yet ignored by many...debating the purpose of a beta is also pintless- isi has already made this communication clear- did you read it? here it is in case you forgot..read the last line !!!

"What is a beta, and what are you doing
    The first thing to understand entering the process and before you make a purchase is that this software will slowly build up. It's not finished, and even after we finish the beta process there will still be both content and features added for years to come.

Beta software might not work on your system at times, even if you meet the minimum specs. It may have bugs, poor performance, issues and problems. We will be working to fix them, but you WILL have problems at some point or another.

You will be required to pay for the software, making an early purchase, in order to use the software. This all helps us to test, refine and adapt our purchasing system to our future needs.

If this is all not something you agree with, then don't buy it. We will produce a free demo AFTER the testing period is completed and you can check it out at that time."

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

no you dont, I have an aging E8400 3.0ghz core 2 duo CPU and a recently purchased middle of the range 7850 2gb and I can run RF2 with most things maxed out and good framerates (Shadows/reflections being the killers). I'm gonna overclock my CPU at somepoint to get some extra juice from it but currently my setup is just fine, no need for the 2500k just yet (I do want one though!!)

10. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

That's the spirit! When life gives you problems, give up! ;)

Well when I started this beta, I had a Q9550 + GTX 460. Was getting around 30-40 fps - everything on medium - no AA or AF - no HDR or FXAA (rF2 looked and ran awful lol)

I upgraded to an i5 2500K and my GTX 460 started singing. Getting 40 to 100+ fps depending on the track and number of AI - everything on high and full - 4x AA and 8x AF - HDR on.

People who are getting low fps with powerful systems.... I think problem is a poorly optimized system with all kinds of crap running in the background rather than the game itself.

11. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

in medieval times people with a critical mind were burnt, especially those not worshiping the right god... these days you're only being verbally spanked by the worshipers. however, be aware of the priest or god himself... you might find yourself banned...

12. RNelson

RNelson Registered

I have the game running to my satisfaction with an i3 2120, 8GB RAM and a 5770 vid card. I don't have everything maxed nor can I expect to. And I was able to run a race at R2P in the F2s at Spa and we had between 12 and 15 people on the grid and fps stayed above 45 even at the starting grid. That said there are those that feel they game doesn't perform acceptably based on their expectation with the equipment they have. Regardless of whether it is a beta or final release you will always find people across the spectrum with regards to the software's performance vs their expectation. The next update - and ISI have stated this - may break certain features while other features are turned on - we will have to wait and see what happens next. The software isn't intended to be in a state at this point in time where it is used in leagues yet some leagues are successful using it. Along with testing the modding system they also wanted to test the commerce system and while they got far more response than they hoped for they/we provided a great test bed for that system as well. Am I eager for the next update? Most definitely. Will it solve all of the 'problems' that have been identified? I seriously doubt it. In the meantime I have other titles and friends to race with to keep me occupied. And over the next several months as rF2 and other titles are released I will probably buy all of them to see what they offer.

13. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Each day that passes I have more clear ISI seeking this "beta".

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
  14. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

sorry mate but with that system I really don't understand why you're complaining.

15. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

maybe because there is nothing in rF2 which would justify such load.

16. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Thats the problem mate. With this system game should run smooth and with a lot of fps.

Like MaXyM Says,

That's the all problem....

17. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Did I fall asleep and wake up two years ago?

961mhz ddr2 ram? Is that from a calculator?

18. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

@CdnRacer

Did you read post about minimum/recomended specifiaction? His hardware is better than recomended by ISI.
    Rf2 should run smooth on his PC.
    Besides, with his configuration you can run smooth Battlefield 3 which looks amazing so it's not problem with his hardware but with poorly optimized rfactor 2

MINIMUM:

CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 or 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon x2
    Memory: 2 GB
    Video Card: nVidia 8600 GT or ATI/AMD 3850
    Video Memory: 256MB
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
    DirectX: 9.0c
    Storage: 4 GB
    Internet connection required.

RECOMMENDED:

CPU: 3.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or 3.0 GHz AMD Athlon II x2 or better
    Memory: 4 GB+
    Video Card: nVidia 250 GTS or ATI/AMD 4870 or better
    Video Memory: 512MB+
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista 64bit, Windows 7 64bit
    Storage: 4 GB+

Notes:
    1 - 2008 C++ Runtimes SP1 required (included with installer).
    2 - rFactor 2 executable is 32bit. 64bit OS recommended above to allow more than 4GB RAM.

19. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

how you can say, rf2 is poorly optimized, you have no valid reference for this claim

20. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Do you think rf2 is very well optimized?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.