New loading screen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lasercutter, Mar 18, 2012.

1. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

the other day I was sent a new loading screen for Snetterton by 10Speed (Daniel) which has been very nicely done, in the old rF1 days I would have simply posted a link to this file and let people choose if they wanted to use it or not, however with rF2 I think it's more complicated but really need somebody who knows to answer my questions.

As far as I understand it rF2 no longer reads loose files so simply dropping the new loading screen file into a folder will not work, or am I mistaken?

If the above is true then the file will need to be added to the correct mas file to work, would this then stop the mod working online if people did this manually? (I'm guessing yes)

If both the above are true does that mean that in order to add a new loading screen (that not everyone may want) the track would have to have a "proper" update and for online use a new rFmod and modid would need to be made to run it?

I know there are plans to change things but is this the situation as it stands or have I lost the plot?

And after all that here is the link if anyone wants to put any of this to the test (I don't have the time or motivation to do it myself)

http://www.bockbierbude.de/images/rf2/tracks/LOD/Snetterton.JPG

Thanks again Daniel.

2. ethone

ethone Registered

Yes, that is the situation as it stands.

3. taufikp

taufikp Registered

I can feel you dude! This situation also has hold me back from tinkering with rF2 mod. I am now just messing around with writing plugin and third party software such as GlovePIE. I was expecting that rF2 modding is going to be as easy as rF1, but with more enhanced platform and mod tools.