New Guy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by vegaguy5555, Feb 16, 2017.

1. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

FOV doesn't work now that I have multi screens checked. Is there another way?

2. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

It was another great day of driving in rFactor 2. I got my screens adjusted...... it wasn't that I was trying to do it earlier I was just too busy driving and hadn't honestly notice until I was trying my peddles plunged into its own usb port in AC that I was admiring how good it looked there that got me thinking "there must be a way to set the screens in rF2". Very nice.

May the white knuckle gods guide you to victory!

Thanks everyone!!

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Using Multiview the FOV is determined by the numbers, screen size, side monitor angle and distance from eyes, that you set in the in game triple monitor tool.
    The result is what you would see in real life, give or take a few %.
    After the set up tool is configured then you can move the seat up, down, forward and back to fine tune.
    You can also change the pitch or angle of your view up and down.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  4. Emery

Emery Registered

Back on my original post: "If you decide the correct fov is too restrictive for driving, then decrease the eye-distance."

It won't be the correct mathematical fov, but gives you more variability than seat adjustment can and doesn't need to be readjusted for every car.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  5. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I didn't notice pitch angle. I'll have to take another look.

Is it in the triple screen adjustments?

6. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

In AC I would have thought the perfect seat position in VR (directly fitting your head above the throat hole of the headless driver in the car) would aways have perfect FOV in the triple screens, but it doesn't.

7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Not at computer to check but it is somewhere in the control assignments.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  8. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Just a "New Guy" observation.

I have to say rFactor 2 is "current". What I mean is I'm actually driving the car in real time or at least that's how it feels compared to anything alse I have driven. I can tell when my natural driving reactions kick in and the car reacts the way a real car would.

Also the physics are detailed enough to give early hints that I'm coming in too fast and I can do something about it with the car responding in a chain reaction. I have not had this "real time" feel anywhere else. This is something I have been looking for the first time I have ever tried a driving video game.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Korva7 and Hazi like this.
  9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Welcome to reality! (or at least welcome to the world of high fidelity physics) :)

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  10. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

The Lola T70 is the Stradivarius of physics detail.

What a technical drive. Even the tire squeal is good. It's more of a scrub sound then a B movie squeal.

Welcome to reality indeed!! :)

11. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I hit a button on my keyboard somewhere and now I can't get the pit box at the top right corner to go away when driving.

Anyone know how to shut this off?

Thanks!

12. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

o_O
    Top right?
    I can't for the life of me think of what you mean, a screenshot might help.
    I know Ctrl +C and Ctrl+F bring up FPS and GPU/CPU graphs.
    I can't think of anything else in the top right.
    Hopefully someone who has a memory can come and edumacate both of us! :oops:

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think he is talking about the pit selection box of the HUD. You can disable it with hitting "6" of your number panel on the keyboard. Numbers 1-9 are for switching on and off the HUD elements. But don't use the num-block, as those are for controlling cams.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  14. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Thanks guys.

Of all the keys I tried I don't think I made it to the number keys. I'll give it a try.

Thanks again.

15. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I tried turning up the caned effects in AC (three sliders) to try to get more life out of it, which helped a little but, "caned effect" is in the end what it is. For the most part it just adds a bunch of back ground noise where rF2 is ratting the wheel when you hit a curb or drive on the grass which is what I expect.

Last night I was doing some laps on the Nordschleife with the F1 Spark and I kept losing it on a little rise accelerating out of a long corner, which I didn't even know was there in AC. As frustrating as it was. My friend and I had a ball doing it for half the night which we finally mastered. Compared it to AC with Lotus 49 and laughed at the empty feel and went back to learning to drive in rF2.

Having said that, there is a certain feel in the feed back of AC. Mostly in the newer cars that we liked and but we couldn't name it?

AC does have weight transfer but it's not there when braking or coming over a rise at 100 plus mph. This detailed weight transfer along with the tire and frame flex physics is what I can't get enough of. My friend is addicted to it too.

I was very loyal to AC for more than two years but it was comments like the one I quoted earlier in this thread along with unjustly putting down rF2 that made me switch and cheered for someone else.

16. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I don't know what wheel you have but when you said "rf2 is rattling the wheel" I had visions of one dead wheel.
    I did note you said it was when driving over kerbs and grass but unless you have a direct drive wheel you may be quickly killing your wheel.
    If you haven't already get the pedal overlay plugin
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rf2-pedal-overlay-plugin.33888/
    It is an essential tool, it shows if you are getting the full range from your pedals and ffb clipping.
    Thereis a big thread about ffb here somewhere. I'm on my phone now and gave up trying to find it plus it's time to start work.
    I'm not trying to tell you how to set your gear up, just trying to give you ideas and share my tiny bit of knowledge.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  17. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I guess I should go through my personal states. I have it in AC's and didn't think of doing it here.

I have the Fanatec v2 and the older peddles from going on three years ago.

I don't mind the heavy feed back when doing something I'm not supposed to be doing. Although you got me thinking it might be too hard on my wheel. Can't afford a new right now for sure.

18. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Thanks again. I didn't get a chance to go through all of it but will do.

I was starting to think rF2 wasn't as good as I thought and then I noticed I had accidentally turned on three or four driving aids when I was trying to figure out how to turn off the put box menu on the screen when driving. It's all off again and rF2 is as great as I thought.

19. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  20. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Coming from AC I notice I really have to change the way I think about wheel setup. It really is a shock!

I love old street/race cars, which I think is what rF2 had in mind when designing the physics where AC is more new race car minded physics.

There are guys upset that I have come to rF2 and am blown away with the low speed physics here but I don't think it's about one is better than the other anymore, because rFactor2 and AC is comparing apples and oranges. They both have very detailed physics depending on what you are looking for.