New Guy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by vegaguy5555, Feb 16, 2017.

1. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Hi everyone.

I am an Assetto Corsa fanboy who is addicted to the Spark F1 and historic Spa. The physics with this combination are amazing and the guys at AC forum are getting tired of hearing about it.

The weight transfer down the straights is intoxicating. I am so much slower in rF2 and I don't care! It feels so fast!

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

It's such a thrill and it got me hooked straight away.

Welcome to the world of rF2... hope you continue to enjoy it! :)

bravotangosix, Alex72 and vegaguy5555 like this.
  3. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Thanks guys.

I haven't touched anything in any ini files. Is there anything I should know or a thread I should go through?

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

rF2's ini files are in JSON format and most of the stuff you might want to tweak will be in your "steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player" folder.

Make backup copies first! :p

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

rF2 is crazy good. You gotta hold on with both hands and work those pedals baby. :)

Some of the things is knowing about what eats a lot of performance like shadows and car opponents. So if you have some FPS issues dial those back a little. Like medium on both. And of course check out all the good mods on steam workshop as well as some sites (type rF2 mods in google or preferred non info collecting search engine lol) and look for tracks and cars. There is lots of them. Some with worse quality and some with really good.

But yeah, little can compare to the amazing physics in rF2. The EVE/Sparks cars with Belgium 66' and Monte Carlo 66' was the first things i tried and it blew my mind. F2 a bit better for me on Monte Carlo though as F1 is too feckin' fast. :D You cant just drive full blast with the fast cars like you can in most sims cause it really takes skill, and i love that.

bravotangosix and vegaguy5555 like this.
  6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Mhhh, brand new to the game and instantly asking for .ini´s to tweak......
    What does that mean?

vegaguy5555 and Flaux like this.
  7. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

:oops:

Juergen-BY likes this.
  8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Some people like to tweak their games. Not a bad thing :)

Alex72 and vegaguy5555 like this.
  9. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I just ment is there anything I should know about skip_physics latency in AC that help. I haven't looked. Too busy driving.

VR is a deal braker for all other sim. I find rF2 more immersive just using screens compared to AC with VR.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  10. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

It's getting ugly on the AC 'hope for rF2' thread.

I had to tell someone he was being immature and needed to grow up for saying rF2 had fake physics.

I guess we all don't know how to drive here?

The thing is, I'm way faster in AC. I think I'm a pretty good driver but there is only so many times I can turn best record set laps of all times before it gets boring. I start to think, "who am I kidding"?

Do I really think I can drive faster than Niki Lauda?

11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Just thought there must be a reason for this....

So I got that right: in AC-forum they are saying rF2 has "fake physics"? Well, that is funny!

Edit: just read more than the half of that thread, including the last 3 pages and nowhere anyone uses the term "fake physics". Just one of the few guys there that have no clue at all, called the rF2 road-mesh "faked" whereas AC´s "is laserscanned".

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  12. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

You're right! He says 'fakes repetitive physics mesh' I think it was and says something like that again later on.

13. Comante

Comante Registered

Ignorance is a plague that you can cross in every forum. But, on their (partial) excuse, ISI made a so poor effort in making RF2 known, and his features explained, that is no surprise at all that people compare it to super mario kart. I was waiting (probably like many others) RF2 well before it's beta release, but since then, I was like an archeologist looking for info of a lost civilization: scattered and criptic. So I can easily understand how many John Snow are out there.. :D

vegaguy5555 and peterchen like this.
  14. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

This is what I over reacted to in AC. All I seen was "Fake" and "Physical", which he is comparing to AC's laser scanned tracks not rF2's physics. My apologizes. I did apologized to this guy as well.

I guess I'm turning into a rFactoer 2 fanboy!

Quote from Assetto Corsa

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/hope-for-rfactor2.36890/page-22

Old 67 Spa = Fake exaggerated physical mesh along with obvious very sensitive dead zone on his setup = thinking its realistic to Spin the car with 2 degrees steering lock @ 150mph.

[​IMG]

15. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Jup, I´ve seen this.
    Well, as high fidelity as AC road-mesh may be, what is it worth when you feel nothing?
    Besides that: Try to scan Spa of 1967!

bwana and vegaguy5555 like this.
  16. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Hi guys!

I have a rookie question about setting field of view for triples.

Is there a way to set side screen angle? When I look at the side they are all stretched out and long. Also I am missing side view because of it.

Plus, is there a way I can center myself behind the wheel?

Thanks!

PS 127 hours and I still can't get enough and am more excited about rF2 now then when I first posted this thread.

Old looking graphics? I honestly can't tell or care any more. The only thing that shocks me a little is the pictures of some of the cars in the index, which look very good in game.

17. Emery

Emery Registered

Have you got MultiView checked in the video settings under the launcher's gear icon? Then the next step is to launch a driving session and press Ctrl = when you're driving a car.

The Ctrl = popup lets you specify size of screens, angle of separation, bezel width, and eye-distance (all distances in meters) which combine for the correct fov. If you decide the correct fov is too restrictive for driving, then decrease the eye-distance.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  18. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

No! As a matter of fact, I don't think it is checked. But it will be.

Thanks.

19. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

What a difference that makes. I could never get FOV right.

That's why!

The corners easier to judge n line up now and I thought it was really good before.

Thanks again!!

20. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Multiview for triples is a must and it was a joyous day when we finally got the in-car setup tool.
    Something you might consider, don't use your graphics card bezel adjustment.
    If you have 3@ 1920x1080 monitors, keep the resolution at 5760x1080 and use the in game tool to do adjustments.

vegaguy5555 likes this.