New Corvette and 370z "NOOBED"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kelju_K, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Reading this reminds me why I don't mess with setups.

2. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

Is it right that I take the anti roll bars out and go 1 sec quicker? as far as I was aware they have anti roll bars for a reason.

3. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Well anyways my opinion about the new behavior stands. You dont have to time the throttle opening to the weight transfer anymore. And like Mrslfrsl said, it's just throttle brake steer throttle brake steer now. And I also reserve the right to call them NOOBED because of this.

Anyways thank you all for takin part of this thread, Adrian especially, I learned new stuff about the technical side of race cars today.

I'm off to bed now, see you on the race track ;)

4. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Since i couldn't sleep cause this thing bugs the hell out of me, I watched a lots of gt2 corvette videos from you tube. I found that the car actually doesn't roll that much but i also found something interesting.

In this video you can clearly see how the driver goes on to the throttle right when the weight starts to move back towards center. There is a little lag on the telemtry but you can hear the throttle opening clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXVGdSy_dbU

Then went back to the game and noticed that you cannot do it anymore.
    In the game you have to wait untill the weight has moved most of the way back to the center, and because of that it feels like it's not rolling enough or that there is not proper weight transfer in the car. And it's the same with breaks, you have to be allmost finished with braking before you can turn in with the car, thus making coasting in/trail braking allmost impossible. THIS forces you to drive it "throttle brake steer throttle brake steer" way like mentioned earlier.

That sort of behaviour (delayed opening of the throttle) is sligtly present with the later model (2011-2013) cars but not nearly as prominently as it is in the game now. Also the later model cars still seem to allow coasting in/trail braking. Check out some of the videos in you tube and test it your selves in the game if you dont believe me :p

I sure hope that this gets some attention in the dev team.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
  5. Comante

Comante Registered

How can you compare the behaviour of a real car in a particular turn, in a particular race, with a particular setup, and a thousand of parameters that you can't control? How do you know that your simulated car is in similar conditions?
    And last but not least : how you know if you are still on the performance limit of the car? Maybe this iteration of the car is quite faster than the old version, and you think it's easy just because you are going slow. The fact that you can go faster without roll bars suggest me exactly this : you are quite slow in this new car version, or at least far from the limit.

6. Minibull

Minibull Member

You sure they didn't actually just update the cars following better data they received? Updated aspects of their tyre model, chassis flex, etc...

7. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Because you can see when the car is in the apex. thats where the weight is most off center (tightest part of corner = highest G's = most roll in the chassis). and when did i said anything about being faster without antirollbars???

I can do same lap times as before, i just have to drive it wrong, the noobish way i used to drive years ago, to get the result. that is what bugs me in them.

8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

And he isn't quite slow i can a sure you

9. Miro

Miro Registered

If there is the same car in real live as in the sim than I guess the closest thing to compare it to would be the real life car, no?

"And last but not least :......."

That's what comparisons are for I thought.

However, I just hope this is not a sign of ISI bending down to it's nees cuz of the "pro reviewrs" making all this stuff less sensitive and more aproachable for the masses and so on. If I imagine how the Indy Car should be and it is now it is just like the difference with the current GT's and the last versions. It started with the new FR 3.5 and since then the released cars are just different and half the fun the cars were. Nonsense endless grip everywhere, lazy throttle and even lazy on the steering. It's as if the tires absorb all the energy they get for whilee and then release it when it makes not much of a difference anymore. If they go the same way as the other competitors then I might aswell play just any sim.
    The real road and rain stuff is awesome but it was not THE difference for me.

10. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

relatively simple,just uninstall new cars and reinstall old cars?

11. Miro

Miro Registered

Done, but that is not the thing I was talking about. If all the new cars go this way then it is just a massive down for me presonally with my beloved hobby here.
    I mean even if I am wrong with my assumption and their goals where not the mentioned but just ongoing development as it is, it does actually not mather why, it is not the way I preffer. Since when is braking down from high speed to a chicane a no drama deal in a GT car? It's just you slam the brakes, the car slows down and the rear doesn't move a single mm. It just can't be right.

Edit: However I'll leave it here now with this. I thought I am the only one with this impression as everybody was quite happy with the updates but as this thread questioned the point I thought I should leave my thoughts here too.

12. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

so we need to find out why they were updated?

was it to make them more 'friendlier' or more towards 'reality'?
    if it's a 'reality' thing then all is good as that's a big reason of why we're here,reality.
    if it was to make them more user friendly then ISI should maybe think about going into the console business.

13. Minibull

Minibull Member

It's one of those things where it would be nice to have a small overview by one of the devs, just to give an idea as to what went on with the changes.

What are they to do though? If it so happens the work you do on the cars using your better tyre data or more vehicle specific data makes the car "easier" to drive, is that then to be considered "wrong"? What do they do then, artificially make the car harder to drive, just to make it the same as before?

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

While cornering with a car the suspension movement is focused on the intersection ( instant center ) of the extended lines from the upper and lower suspension arm. The intersection between the line where the wheel contacts the surface/road to the instant center and the car body centerline is the roll center.

Simply lowering the right height results in increasing the distance between the center of mass and roll center, while the center of mass has dropped, and the result is decreasing roll stiffness while increasing the amount of roll.

I wouldn't like to comment on the degree of reality, I do not know these cars and have tested only the vette and the Nissan GTR shortly. One thing i noticed is that the self-acceleration without driver input from a certain slip angle after loss of traction no longer occurs, and this is a big step forward.

15. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

I think it's mostly irrelevant what the update does to cars as long it's a 'reality' thing.
    it does not matter if it's easier or harder to drive as long as the data updated is 'real'.
    there is no 'wrong' if updating a car to be more real,if it's harder to drive then tuff,get used to it.

rF2 is a 'simulator' after all is it not?
    it is meant to simulate not approximate!

16. jjcook

jjcook Registered

i find the update great!!! thanks ISI- not noobed at all- the cars are definitely easier to drive before you get to the limit- the corvette i see no real improvement tho so can understand the op 's gripes-although i doubt it is as bad as he makes it sound- i thought the car was good before -
    - but the gtr was quirky and exhibited poor behavior previously -the car would bite me i the ass when least expected- i could not get it anywhere near the limit before and felt like i was tip toeing around , now it feels more solidly planted on the track - i find the same for the camaro- more approachable at the outset -which i think is an improvement - I can power slide the gtr now and could not do this previously- the chasis used to kick my ass and i think the added flex and tire updates made a huge difference in this area- in the old version you could not miss an apex without paying for it - now you can make small blunders and correct them in a slide- HUGE improvement - major step forward- please dont call it noobed - im not a noob and you are basically insulting anyone who thinks this is an improvement

17. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yup, exactly how I feel man. Just adding to your post

If ISI are trying to dumb down for noobs and console gamers, there is stuff all else that will attract those people to rF2...think of the UI, the graphics, the career...it's not like they'll all go "Haaly Sheeeit, new GT cars in rF2 that are easy to drive, lets bail on GT/Forza"

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Why on earth would ISI update the cars only to make them easier..?
    Of course it's a "reality thing". The more real data that's added to the car, the more realistic it becomes.

The paranoid pessimism of this community sometimes... Yikes.

19. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

paranoia has nothing to do with anything.
    if they changed things like above then where was the 'reality' in the 1st place,unless these have also changed in the 'real' world?

20. speed1

speed1 Banned

Again a good example of intolerance and understanding in this Community, but in this case against the developer because they do their work. Perhaps this is a precursor and preparation for more details coming.

If these vehicles were done they would use these version numbers ? I don't think so and many of these vehicles were previously incorrectly, in respect to fundamental driving dynamics and you are wrong with the assumption it wouldn't be.

As I said I have not tested the current status in detail but it can't be worse if these vehicles don't drive like cars without tires on the rear axle, with respect to mechanical grip and load distribution as previously, followed by the self-acceleration after loss of traction under a certain slip angle without driver input.

edit: This is precisely the reason why it is as it is, to believe all race cars would have to be deadly weapons in the entire range. Sometimes a simulated race car is worse than a road vehicle which I have driven thousands of different and that can't be and isn't true.

Many people define a car simulator completely wrong and have distorted perception of racing cars as it seems, which are not tuned to become worse as the series version of.