new coreshades confusion help.

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Banger, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Banger

Banger Registered

ok reset up max again. added multi/subobject and selected dx9 for shader, where are the maps shaders gone!!! all i get is default. how you put in maps ??

[​IMG]
    max version: 3dsmax2010

2. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Same issue- I have reinstalled MAX 10 4 times already.. I see the same screen as you, Also are you getting random Errors after installing the The Batch file and Gmotor items..

( Class<gMotorMaterial> from <Material.dlt> Duplicate ID/ Due to Multiple paths... I have checked for all Material.dlt files and I only see the 6 that are in RF2 Mod Dev folder..

TS3 is Up!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2012
  3. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Did you have the proper CoreShaders.mas into your ..\3ds Max 2010\hardwareshaders folder??

4. Banger

Banger Registered

nope, i just can't see and shaders.

duplicate paths? have you checked files in 3dmax :[customize/plugins manager]. to see the paths of the files.are duplicated. sounds like yours is find more than one copy.

material
    texture
    converter files goto 3dmax2010/plugins folder
    [​IMG]

coreshaders.mas goes to the 3dmax2010/ hardwareshaders folder
    [​IMG]
    yes tuttle, i copied coreshaders.mas from rf2/moddev/shared folder

5. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

All Files taken from the RF2 Mod Dev folder and the RF2 Tool folders.
    Now As freew67 said to make a rFPlugin folder for the 3 files and the add the core into the hardware folder...But Im only using RF2 so I added All the files (4 of them) into 1 FILE..
    View attachment 2921

6. Tuttle

I do not know this procedure...but if you use the standard way should be work...and as Banger said is pretty simple;

copy max 2010 rF2 plugins into C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010\plugins
    copy coreshaders.mas from the rF2 shared folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010\hardwareshaders

This is the way I ever used and it works. :)

Of course you've to remove all your plugin duplicates...

@ Banger

Pretty weird issue...seems Max is not reading the Coreshaders...but usually it gets an error during the starting procedure. :confused:

Try a plugin check in Max to see if they're working properly...

7. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

oK - Think we may have found an issue- Everytime I Add the Coreshaders file to th3 3DSMAX H/w folder and then Open up the Batch program - confirm settings- And when I click to load RF2 it deletes the Coreshaders file from the Hardware folder....

8. Tuttle

Why make easy things complex? :)

I know Free67 is a great rF expert...so I'm sure his program works fine...but, believe me, if you copy those files by your hands you solve the issue in 60/90 seconds. :D

9. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Oh I did I re-installed all Files as per the above threads or as Banger has installed them.. It just keeps deleting the coreshaders folder..

10. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

Do you want to use rFactor2 Max plugins? Because that is an rFactor1 Max plugin in your screenshot.

11. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

WoW Honored you came here Joe! Yes we are both working with RF2, Where is the RF2 Max Plugin at- if you can help out?
    View attachment 2924

12. Banger

Banger Registered

yes rf2 only plugin.

13. ethone

ethone Registered

They're in your rFactor2\Support\Tools\Plugins directory. Pick the ones matching your 3ds max version, obviously. ;)

14. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

OK I have reinstalled 3DSMAX 2010- I then went to the RF2 FOLDER and got the the files needed from the MAX 2010 folder- installed them into the 3DSMAX Plugins folder and the H/W folder- When I open up MAX im still getting the GMT Converter v.2.45c... if im not mistaken isnt v.2.45c the RF1 Plugins?

15. Banger

Banger Registered

Doh!!!,ok got that working now!!!:D

now can't do the road textures. textures not assigned to object. yes i have done the multisub/object & gmats. won't exported gmt's

16. Banger

Banger Registered

thanks joe, ok got that working now!!!:D

now can't do the road textures. textures not assigned to object. yes i have done the multisub/object & gmats. won't exported gmt's

17. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

I just Installed the MAX 2012 and Im still getting the same issues as Banger... Stock installation of the RF2/Core files.

18. ethone

ethone Registered

Do you have a texture assigned to Stage 7 (6 within the nomenclature of the exporter?) of your road material? While it is going to the the reflection stage in the sim and does not display a texture, you will have to assign a dummy texture (pick any of your existing ones or create a 4x4px dds for it).

If this sort of thing happens the gmt exporter will usually tell you which material and which stages are missing something.

19. freew67

freew67 Registered

I only tested my plugin switcher up to Max 2010. No idea if 2011 or 2012 is any dif. My little prog doesnt come with any plugins either, you have to drop them in yourself since I have no idea what max your using. As Tuttle said, all else fails just drop them in by hand but make your you restart max for the changes to work.

20. Banger

Banger Registered

yes i'm of the isi tutorial (part 5-texturing) and adding textures,sort of....,the multisub object is on, click the first material and changed the mterial type ,but can't find gmotor mat option

[​IMG]

i try 2012 3dsmax, mitt wilson it will be alot hard m8, has they introduced the procedural texturing also

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012