Needs A Lot of Work - I spend 20 hrs+ per week on this game.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by DerrickM, Apr 30, 2022.

1. DerrickM

DerrickM Registered

I don't understand how so many people are using this software. From the onset when I first started using this game, I have always had trouble in offline racing. I have spent many hours simply lapping the many different tracks, modded and S397. Yesterday, I thought to start a race. The start is standing start. We go off for the formation lap and we are simply crawling( 43 cars at Daytona ). I pass the car in front and then I have to come to a stop to let him pass. He will not pass as long as I am moving. We finally get to the grid after about 4 to 5 minutes of the formation lap. We go green and we accelerate as if we were back to the formation lap. By the time we get to turn 1 there is a lot of bumping and crashing causing a full course yellow. We go full course yellow for two laps at a 5-minute pace. I am curious how this will work out. By lap 3, I see that I am overheating, smoke pouring out! I start going out of cue and around the other vehicles until they all stop at the start finish line. I quickly exited out of the game. It is not my responsibility to figure out what went wrong. I spent the rest of the evening driving in F1 2021 where I never experience any technical issues, since F1 2013.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

you are new so here are some clues to help you race offline. First TURN OFF THE FLAGS. This is something that has plagued rF2 for ages and finally it looks like some help may be coming. But for the last 6 years or so, offline racing has been at the bottom of the priority list. Building up the graphics engine, the UI, the online Competition and eSeries all took precedence. Daytona, btw, is a rolling start & try skipping the warmup lap. If you are playing with rain, then try the release candidate as they have improved how the AI judges whether they need rain tires. (but be prepared for messed up sound as that is a key new feature being implemented right this very instant)
    rF2 development has been woefully underfunded up until this year. Coming this Month we will see probably one of the largest collection of improvements for the title since it began. However, there are still stacks of fixes, especially to offline racing, that we need to see. Hopefully many of those improvements will arrive at the next quarterly update in August.

3. green serpent

green serpent Registered

The more flexible something is, as in the more different options the user has to configure something, the more ways there are for the user to stuff things up or 'break the game'. Many things only work 100% all the time if they are very cookie-cutter, one size fits all, at least in my experience.

This may sound like rF2 aplogetics a little bit, but as much as I would like everything to work perfectly all the time, I have accepted that I need to work around the limits of whatever software I'm using. rF2 will allow you to have almost limitless options, and it's great that you can cater the experience to your liking, but it also means there are times where for whatever reasons things can go to shit.

You can skip the formation lap by hitting space bar, you can turn off flag rules, you can have less AI on track and also choose a track where the AI work a bit better. But even then you have to accept the fact that on the first lap or so the A.I are going to bunch up... and the same thing does happen in real life too. You just need them to spread out a bit.

In saying all of that, the A.I does need work.

I hope you give rF2 another go. It can take a bit of patience but once you start messing with the game and become a member of the community you can figure things out pretty fast.