NasCar 2012

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by johnconner, Feb 11, 2013.

1. johnconner

johnconner Registered

Yes there is a 24hr server on with the mod+track then when new cars are added the server should give them to you on autodownload is easyer than having to post links all the time untill all 4 cars are in the mod finished,i hope the graphics bug is now fixed so you can drive online also.

this is how it looks online :)

View attachment 6367

2. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

looks nice !
    I will give a try.
    thank you.

3. Harry Tulloch

Harry Tulloch Registered

4. johnconner

johnconner Registered

5. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Any more updates as to how this is going John?

I looked for it in the lobby hoping it would be downloadable from within there, but never seen it

Dave

6. SVO

SVO Registered

I downloaded, took about 2 hours on a 10 mbs down speed. It's roughly 700 megs. Should package it just with the car. I already had the tracks, but for some reason still had to get everything again. I haven't had success trying it online or off. Seems the car is just stuck in place and can't move. But tis is early! Looking forward to more!

7. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

SVO:

Yes I think it will be the first Stock Car rF2 I have seen, even if it is a ported version it some state from rF1.

I wish I had the expertise and creativity to make from scratch, the new Gen6 cars.

I bet they would be fantastic with these physics and some-one that knew how to tweak and apply them correctly.

I didn't even see what I thought was this mod in the lobby, unless I don't know for sure what the server name was.

As far as being early, agreed, I hope he gets some support when it takes hold and some interested parties get involved.

Like you SVO, will be watching for this mod.

Dave

8. Br0nX

Br0nX Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
  9. SVO

SVO Registered

Thanks Br0nX! The server hasn't been up in a few days as far as I could tell, but I don't have a lot of time during the week to look much in the evenings. I'll look your server up this afternoon after work and see if I can get the corvette running around Indy.

PS. Anyone care to create Talladega? :D

10. SVO

SVO Registered

I forgot to mention that I ran this combo. Did you do anything special for setup, etc. I messed briefly with a few things, specifically gears, but we need a car we can get rpm's much higher and much more power at top end. I think I finally hit almost 170 on one straightway, but it was just flat-footing.

Hopefully Johnconner has had some more success with his stockcar. I really need to win the lottery so I can concentrate on my hobby much more than real life.

11. johnconner

johnconner Registered

Hi,
    1 we have lots of nascars to put in the game.
    2 we need more nascar and indy car tracks.
    3 the server is 24hr thanks to NRT gaming servers you have a real race server to drive on.
    4 i need more feedback on physics are you flying in the sky?or getting catapulted in the air when you run over a stone in the road?
    5 is the car fast enuff?
    6 have i missed anything?

Have a good day and happy racing.

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I found the server this afternoon and downloaded the mod. It was about 25-30 minutes for me. I double tapped the wall once and flipped head over heels. The wall tap wasn't that hard.

Physics as far as setup goes, is not too bad. Default setup is not too good (which is usually expected) but after stiffening springs and adding air to front and rear on the right side, I eventually got to where I could hold the rear with good speed in the corners. I played with the right rear track bar and got to where the rear (on corner exit) could be controlled with adding throttle. (the way I like it).

I had it geared (wish I remembered and had saved the setup before leaving track) to where on longest straight I was hitting about 6900 rpms and 127-29 mph. I only ran about 27 laps, but I think the car will adjust out okay.
    27th lap the engine gave out. It was time to chow down, engine blown so I retired.

I'm no setup pro, but I do know a decent starting point for an oval setup and I don't know the specs for the engine. All in all, I think the car is "close" to what it should be.

13. SVO

SVO Registered

I raced with 4 guys from Bent Axle Racing tonight and we had a good time with the dodge at several different tracks.

1. Grill tape is backwards. negative raises tape and positive lowers tape. 91% is lowest setting. Your gonna BLOW! :)
    2. As jimcarrel mentioned, collisions are spectacular! Damage is extreme rubbing wall or slamming wall. Often we found ourselves flying through/under/over grandstands. Quite intense and dizzying ride. Fun non-the-less because we weren't serious at all.
    3. I tried to pay attention, but I'm not sure the sticker ever wears off the tire. Great look though. I'll have to confirm since as our races wore on, as short as they often were, I just didn't pay attention. After all, it is 2am my time. :)
    4. Spoiler setting. I believe this is something generally not touched in NASCAR. With it at 70 degrees, we ran some 48's with a few setup adjustments. Could go faster, over 205 in straights, with spoiler at 55 degrees. Again, we were just playing around and not serious about setups, etc.
    5. A couple of us were hitting 26.4's at Nazareth, but pushing each other around became catastrophic, but the replays would be epic!
    6. Camber settings are limited. I believe on the left sides we need to be able to go positive with the settings. 0.0 or negative was all that is allowed.
    7. Judging by some other rf1 mods, the spring rate needs to be adjusted so we can go lower than 700.

Some other stuff on other side of paper:

8. Spring rates only allowed to got to 700. Windshield is much better, but easy to notice the layers around the edges. Some thought it was still a bit hazy looking.
    9. No mirror yet. Regular or virtual.
    10. We found best results for Force feedback was to raise the multiplier to 2.0 instead of default 1.0. It gave more feeling of stability and control.
    11. One player replaced a tire that was knocked off during a pit stop, when leaving it was still dragging like damaged tire. This may be entirely not related to this mod, but rfactor2 damage model.
    Hope this helps fine tune at least a small amount. Hope it makes sense as 12 hours of sleep in 2 days is taking its toll.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
  14. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

As SVO stated, grill tape is fubar'd. camber on left should be able to go positive. Springs should be able to go lower.
    I don't think the tire model is quite ready for Oval racing.

15. SVO

SVO Registered

Johnconner,

I've had a good time throwing these machines around the last few weeks. Any progress on some updates or anything. Thanks.

16. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

17. SVO

SVO Registered

LOL....like the humor!

18. johnconner

johnconner Registered

Yes tomorrow i pass you ford, today i am busy driving the new Mp4/4 took me 1hr to download from that server ;)

19. SVO

SVO Registered

Awesome. Can't wait to try it.

20. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

I think it is great that rFactor 2 will get some oval racing mods. The more types of racing, the better :D I remember playing my first Nascar games in my childhood copying over 20 floppy discs. Those were the days! :cool: Haven't played much since, but I can definitely see the appeal of Nascar racing.