Nürburgring in pack and ala carte

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DucMan888, Oct 1, 2020.

1. DucMan888

DucMan888 Registered

I am looking to expand my horizons and build my DLC content. I am unclear as to a couple of points I hope the community will help with.

Is the Nürburgring offered as a stand alone track the same offering as in the Nürburgring Endurance Bundle or the Track Expansion?

Is Imola (1972 and 2018) in the Reiza Track Pack offering the same as the stand alone?

Is there any third party mods that were available, now included as paid DLC? In other words are all the paid DLC sole property of and developed by S397?

Thanks all

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Nurburgring is the GP track, the whole Nordschleife, everything. There aren't any alternative versions, so wherever you see it (standalone, in a pack) it's the same collection of layouts.

I think the same applies for Imola. All layouts are included, standalone or in a pack.

DLC is all S397, the 3PA stuff is all free.

(*Just checked the store to confirm, definitely the same for Imola. The packs are just combining other standalone items, so any pack that has the Reiza Imola has everything the standalone Imola has - which is 4 different layouts, as per its description)

juanchioooo likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The nurburgring pack was created to drum up interest in the GT3 Cup Porsche and M2 BMW twins & the Radical XX. All three of the cars were sold as stand alone but with so many servers hosting them combined with GT3, at the Nords, S397 thought it was a good package to sell to users who had either not purchased the cars or the track. The price is less than what all 4 items would cost, but a-lot of folks bought one or more of them already and might be hesitant to essentially buy the track or cars twice.

4. lagg

lagg Registered

@DucMan888 , you can build your DLC to be sold in the Store. Reiza is already doing it.
    If you have content that you want to sell in the Store, contact with Christopher Elliott or Marcel Offermans

Bidle likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I wouldn't consider those paid DLC, as far as how the OP described it. But yes, definitely paymods available.

@Bidle I think also the OPs questions are fairly general and vague, so possibly your advice is what he wants too.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    juanchioooo and Bidle like this.
  6. DucMan888

DucMan888 Registered

I appreciate the feedback, my confusion was with the price of the pack for the Ring Endurance with 3 cars is less than the stand alone track. I just want to make sure I am getting the preferred pack/track.

I won't be doing any DLC, the thought of me developing DLC would look something like this. ;)
    [​IMG]

Lazza and juanchioooo like this.
  7. lagg

lagg Registered

hahaha.
    Yes, the price is weird, but is ok. With the current sale is cheaper to buy the pack than the track alone. But the sale is temporary. If you don't have the track is a good moment to buy it.
    If you already have a car of the pack, you will not get another car, as compensation, or more discount. You will have bougth that car twice. But you can´t give it as a present.

juanchioooo and DucMan888 like this.
  8. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

If you're considering purchasing DLC, there should be a Steam sale at the end of this month and another at the end of November. Much of the content is 25 - 50% off and I'd recommend any and all that are on sale at that time. The full Reiza pack has been on sale for 50% off the last 3 Steam sales but not during last years Halloween sale. It's a better value to get the full pack rather than the car and/or track pack when it's on sale.

DucMan888 and juanchioooo like this.
  9. lagg

lagg Registered

I agree, but keep in mind that with some sales you don't have the whole pack (of GT3, for example) and it's possible that after buying a car, you can't race online because you don't have all the cars.

DucMan888 likes this.
  10. vittorio

vittorio Registered

To be honest, for me that whole DLC system is just broken. I can't even remember what DLCs I have bought, what content i own (well maybe that is easy), what DLCs I need to race at a specific online server ... Steam for me is completely weird, I just hate everything of it. Like, we all talk about DLCs but in Steam for rF2 it is called "Items". That alone will confuse every new user. I really hope for a S397 system to sell content. Telling me what i have, telling me what i need for an online race and giving me all options for DLCs and recommend me the best option.

11. Kahel

Kahel Registered

The good news vittorio is that they are actively working on that along with the new UI... will see if they are able to implement something that work well... and not 4 years from now :D

vittorio likes this.
  12. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Btw @vittorio or anyone interested, it's possible check every DLC you currently own via steam... of course it's tricky to find even knowing what you are looking for...
    So, on steam, you have tab with your name on the right... just go over it with your mouse... you'll have some choice, go to the last one called 'Inventory' and that's it... you'll be redirected to a page with every DLC you own.

McKiernan likes this.