DucMan888
Last Activity:
Mar 2, 2022

DucMan888

Registered, Male, from Woodstock, IL. USA

DucMan888 was last seen:
Mar 2, 2022
    1. There are no messages on DucMan888's profile yet.
  • About

System: Operating System:
    Windows 10 64bit
    System: Specific Model:
    Home Built
    System: Motherboard:
    ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming ATX
    System: CPU:
    Intel i5 6600k @ 3.5GHz
    System: RAM:
    16GB DDR4-2400
    System: Graphics:
    MSI GTX 1070 Ti
    System: Sound:
    Onboard SupremeFX 8-Channel HD
    System: Storage:
    SSD PVT CS1311 240GB and 480GB
    System: Screen Setup:
    Triple MSI Optix MAG27C
    System: Internet Service:
    Xfinity
    System: Internet Connectivity:
    Wired
    System: Controls:
    Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec CSP v3
    My computer racing began in the early 90’s when an older brother had a PC built and had the first release of Grand Prix installed. I remember controlling the car through the keyboard and barely able to keep the car on the track, but I knew that was something I had to have.
    Soon I purchased my own PC and GP2 with a wheel that had paddles for gas and brake, can’t remember the brand, but it was awesome. Along with the purchase of the PC I got financial software and I joke that the budget tool within that software told me I couldn’t afford the computer.
    After years of progressing from one F1 racing game to the next I gave up in the early 2000’s when it seemed like everything was gravitating towards arcade type and less about racing and the Geoff Crammond style.
    Enter the late 2000’s and more robust consoles and the Forza and GT series, went through a couple generations of consoles and exhausted my patience with jumping through hoops to gain cars so I graduated to iRacing and a gaming laptop.
    Today I am fortunate enough to afford what I think is a nice mid-level rig that provides hours of entertainment and the introduction to a community that is passionate and educated in the sim racing interest, have made this hobby something I truly enjoy and use as a bit of therapy to get away from some of the stresses we all share.
    I enjoy sharing my experiences about the hobby and have made a couple of videos on building a PC to FOV in the hopes it spurs on others looking to improve their pastime.
    Interests outside of this I enjoy taking road trips to national parks, spending time in the outdoors whether it be a bike ride or mowing the lawn, and a good barbeque with a cold brew.

Signature

i5 6600k, MSI GTX 1070 ti, 16gb DDR4, 720gb SSD, MSI 27"x3, Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSP v3, Formula Blk