My new GPU: HD7750. Settings and bars...

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by TIG_green, Feb 19, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Hi all,

Just got my HD 7750 and tested it. Seems to run fine even with my 220W PSU :p

I raised my settings a bit and got mostly 60 fps (with vsync the maximum seems to be 61fps) in Croft with Clios (16 AI). I used videosync because it gives more steady fps. It only went down to 44-52 fps when I drove near the pit area.

Here are my current settings:

View attachment 6314
    View attachment 6315
    View attachment 6317

And result:

View attachment 6316

Few questions. My GPU should have 1gb of DDR5 memory... what is the number 462MB in video setup and 444MB in Video RES?

Why is the left side bar empty in "empty" picture? (usually it has had a green bar in it)

What is the difference between different anti-aliasing levels? The bigger the better?

And finally, Is this performance what I got in Croft something you would wait with my settings and hardware or is there some hidden performance still?

Would like to hear your thoughts :)

2. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

You can decrease AA level, usually that is quite a hit for the GPU. Usually it is the bigger the better but in rF2 it seems it is not quite so. There was a thread about this on these forums where different levels were compared and also the performance.

About video memory it is probably just a problem with detection so you can see 444 or whatever instead of the real 1Gb.

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thanks Abriel.

For some reason also CPU-Z claims that my GPU's memory size is only 512MB :p and that HD 7660D (integrated) has 1024MB :eek:

weird?

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Are you running the card with the onboard GPU running as well, such as the hybrid crossfire setup?
    If you are not, you should disable the onboard GPU in the bios so there are no issues and it doesn't take up resources you need for the other card and your system. Also, GPU-Z sometimes reports information that is not quite accurate. I have switched to using MSI Afterburner for information on my GPU and it seems more accurate.

5. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Hybrid Crossfire is possible with an intel cpu and AMD gpu?

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Could it have dual sided memory?

7. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

No it isn't unless the Intel APU has an ATI GPU built into it, which I don't think that there are any around. In a different thread though TIG mentioned that he had an AMD APU though I believe, though I might be mistaken. :)

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Dual sided memory will have no effect on how programs are capable of reading the total amount.

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I downloaded Catalyst 13.1 and there were crossfire enabled but I disabled it (I was told that with single monitor HD 7750 would be more effective without crossfire)

View attachment 6323
    View attachment 6324

Those pictures show that it should have 1gb DDR5 memory.

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

TIG, get the 13.2 beta driver, it has enhancements that will make things run smoother for you.

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I tried crossfire. It worked ok (maybe same or even slightly better performance than with only HD 7750) but not with HDR on (caused white screen in game). But I still suspect that rfactor 2 do not use HD 7750 full memory... when I set crossfire on it said that GPU had some 900+ MB but when I use just HD 7750 it now says 464 MB. How can I test if all the 1gb memory is in use?

12. MJP

MJP Registered

Seeing as you have GPU-Z use the sensor tab, if you run rF2 in a window you'll actually be able to see the current usage.

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

View attachment 6328
    View attachment 6329
    View attachment 6330

Highest memory usage was 660 MB and that was pretty much the avarage usage also. GPU load was 80% on avarage and temperature 55 celsius degrees.

So should the memory usage go up to 1024MB or not? I also checked that my intergrated GPU was not in use (no load for it).

14. MJP

MJP Registered

The vram usage will depend on your graphics settings (and resolution). Sure you can turn some settings up to use more vram but you'll probably find you run out of gpu grunt resulting in less than playable fps.

15. canastos

canastos Registered

Congratulations for the new GPU!, it seems you may be happy now ;)
    Temperature is great, and memory usage too; you could try MonteCarlo and see if more memory is used, and anyway, rFactor2 memory measurement isn't what I would call accurate

byyyyyyyye

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I will do some GPU benchmark test to see if crossfire is more efficient. I just think that crossfire is not a good idea with my 220W PSU :D

So you could say my HD 7750 works as supposed to now?

But thank you all for all the info and advices. If there is still something I should know then please tell me :)

17. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

If you are not going to run with crossfire, go into your bios and disable the onchip GPU. This will save you some resources and might just improve your performance a little.

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered