Multiple tracks show up twice

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by 67Storm, Jan 22, 2021.

1. 67Storm

67Storm Registered

Since switching to the new UI a handful of tracks show up twice in the track list.
    Including paid content like Circuit d'Azur.
    Any solutions for this?

2. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Yeah, I have this issue also. In some cases with tracks having multiple versions listed, and the newer versions not working or they have the activity symbol running. Circuit d'Azur is one such case (and remains still).

I've been able to un-sub / re-sub some tracks and that has cleaned up some of the duplicate track issues. In other cases, I've gone into the "WorkShop" files and removed them there as well, cleaned up the game "packages" folder, and solved a few more. At one point, I found one track folder (in Workshop) contained 11 additional instances of a track folder.

Some tracks will have multiple folders due to different track layouts, so multiple listings is to be expected but, I would not think updated tracks should show older versions in the track-list.

I have no idea how things got so bungled up but, I've not had any of these issues until very recently (with the new UI). It appears, some tracks have separate updated version folders but, all track versions show up in the track list.

Also, in my case, none of the listed tracks can be installed / uninstalled / deleted from the in-game content UI.

3. srxshadow

srxshadow Registered

I tried switching to the old UI via Steam Beta and it works to be able to remove some of the duplicate content or when the unsubscribe to workshop item doesn't work. Still plenty of issues as I still have two duplicate tracks with activity wheel spinning.

4. DucMan888

DucMan888 Registered

I am a bit confused as to what is what when it comes to third-party mods I had installed either prior to the Steam migration or via the Workshop post migration and recent purchased DLC. I have been able to clean up Silverstone, Loch Drummond and a few others but Spa has got me stumped.
    I have searched the Workshop for the mod so that I can UN-subsribe but none is found. Is there a quick and easy way to determine what is purchased DLC and what is third-party mods or free S397 content?
    Also what is a bit strange is the version number in the content screen and menu are mismatched.

In the content screen I show the following;
    upload_2021-2-23_20-56-16.png

In the track menu is the following;
    upload_2021-2-23_20-57-19.png

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

All S397 DLC content contain two versions. The numbers are always closely matched, i.e. v1.14 & 1.15. The two parts allow some modding but locks out other parts of the track.(and cars too, you will often see two versions of cars as well) The lower set of numbers, in your example v1.04 & v1.05 are the likely culprits. When S397 releases a new version of a track, the standard practice is to automatically delete older versions of the track. The fact the older version has not been deleted by the new version is because they most likely are associated with an online session or carpak mod. Spa 1.3 is NOT an official track.

DucMan888 likes this.