Might replace PSU. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by TIG_green, Feb 12, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Not so tempting :S It's only 300W and not in sale in any reliable place. Also a little bigger than current PSU (not much though). Thanks anyway for the suggestion :)

More?

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Browse that entire site, they have lots of PSU's for the eMachine, that was just one I picked out of the bunch as it was a bit higher than yours. As to reliable places, are you sure that site is not a reliable place?

EDIT: After looking around more, it appears that 300W is going to be about the largest you can get for the eMachine.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Have not found better myself either but I hoped I would have missed something...

6. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

With the cost of getting a new PSU as well as the cost of a graphics card. I think you would be better off doing what I mentioned earlier and save for a better computer. Besides the PSU, the motherboard is proprietary as well and you may find it very difficult to mount properly in a different case. If you are lucky, the DVD drive is not proprietary, so that along with the APU and HD should be able to be moved to a new system. You will likely have to reformat the drive to ensure that a new motherboard has all the right drivers loaded on it.

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I don't understand what is a proprietary motherboard...?

I bought my PC last summer and made a mistake choosing the small case because I could have had a bigger case with same money (did not really needed the small one but did not know that there were so many problems with it when upgrading...did not also know that I would need to upgrade to be honest :p). So maybe you can understand why I really prefer upgrading and not all new pc... If I can't move motherboard to a new case then I probably would have to think about it but I still believe it is possible to move the motherboard also if needed and that option is much cheaper than buying a whole new pc.