[WIP] [MBTEAM] - Spa Francorchamps 1966 - V1.0

Discussion in 'Locations' started by MBTEAM, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Improved versions would be nice... Real advertisement would be really sweet, for example...

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Right, it would be awesome if one could simply point to a path of another installed component and use order of the paths to sort priority - like in rfactor(1)

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Are you referring to being able to Group tracks? Like a trackpack could be under its own heading in the track list? (as in rf1). I asked for that more than a year ago. It would be grand.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

In rFactor 1 I could race against you at, for eg. Silverstone, yet you may have original textures installed in your Silverstone, while i may have "SLN's Silverstone Texture Mod" installed on my Silverstone, while someone else may have "John Smith's Updated Billboards, Grass, and Sky for Silverstone" mod installed.

Basically, certain mods that don't affect physics in any way shape or form, like for eg. texture mods, don't cause mismatches online with others who don't have those exact same mods installed.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That was a great feature of rF1.

6. stonec

stonec Registered

That is a bit dangerous though with regards to cheating. I'm not going to details but my league had one driver using such track-related simple file replacement for cheat purpose and no mismatch. Obviously in rF2 this is not possible thanks to packaging which checks for each modified bit.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

As usual, the few cheaters ruin things for the rest of us.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

In Nascar Racing 2003 on GTP endurance races, some people had the "day" version textures of tracks on the packaged supposed to be "night," and like in the example listed above it didn't affect any aspect of the simulation except for the visibility - which was a big gain.