[REL] Mazda MX-5 Cup ND2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Nick9320, Feb 10, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

@memoNo1 my friend, AI in rF2 is nothing but linear, depends allways on the mod, i've seen that for several years, you need to adjust depending on the mod...

Cheers!

memoNo1 likes this.
  2. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

All ISI, S397 and mods have always had large variables in AI strength, aggression and AI gaps

From the very start first build I had tune Howston and Open Wheel.
    Like I said though this depends upon someone's personal performance across all classes.
    I am in no shape or form a classic racer can jump in anything and race well, far from it.
    I older and like simple cars, steer throttle brake so I grapple with modern tech more then most.
    Which puts you at a disadvantage in these type of cars which means you need slower AI to enjoy a race and see others cars.
    F3 I can race at 120% some tracks because I have spent lot of time in them.
    To use 120% with them you must lap for example Belgium 4:16 Italy 1:48 with no tow. Try that for staters Out of over 300 drivers frequented my room only 16 managed no tow 4:16 and less did 1:48 at Italy.
    But take say Loch and Metro Toban others I am hopeless I just don't put in the laps needed so I run reduced AI.

So no matter what 100% is set across all vehicles your average person will need to lower and raise them according to pace in each car.
    I mean you want the AI at a level they all enjoyable to race against.

Yes Mazda has fast AI but so do other mods, again what is hard for me may be easy for you.
    Going below 100% casts no aspersions to your driving skill.
    Some people run some car at 110% may crash out more then 100%
    Every single F3 Eve race I do today is just as immersive to me as 10 years ago

I am not saying every car should not be tweaked better but it would accomplish little.

Really the beauty in rF2 for me is finding the combos that work for me.
    Why do I want to spend hours struggling rather then enjoying.
    But then again a twist is some people like hard AI so it seems impossible to finish up order.

The physics and AI learning are more dynamic then any other sim you can name hands down. That is why gmotor always put strain on CPU + car numbers because of the Realtime computations. i know you know just saying for anyone listening has never realized this.
    I don't know how you could not if you have studied AMS2 ACC AC AI races. It is like chalk and cheese to me.

That is not to say ISIMotor is correct far from it.
    Only way we will get better consistent AI is for studios to use same yet to made super engine. Different engines just breeds different behavior, no calculations are the same not even tyres.

imho we should be able to drive all sims all cars feel same, drive the same, they don't, they never will till industry does something about it. Like say going to new car dealer and having to drive 5 identical cars to see which one is better. lol

Why people saying S397 should just make rFactor 3 is a complete joke to me.
    AS great as ISIMotor was for it's time it is simply flawed like all other engines were AI strength is the least problem.

But studios will keep dolling out the same crap over and over no vision for the future I can see.

ranted out lol

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    Nick9320 and memoNo1 like this.
  3. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Ok ok, i got it buddys:)

4. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

I mean I agree 101%
    All AI combos should be graded so 100% reflects real lap time and 120% the fastest lap ever driven. Making all this data corelate is another thing.

To me it is the same as track rules, timing, penalties being all over the place across sims.
    Imagine how much processing power IMSA or FiA need to do this.
    We want desktop PC to do the same thing, not happening in my life :)

Even if you could design a engine each car had Traces, GPS, Transponders etc. you would never power it. ;)

On top of that you have real time human intervention making decisions on the fly that most surely not all agree with.
    " Oh they brought out that Safety Car way too early in my opinion " etc.
    Hear it all the time real races.
    You would need AI learning for stewards lol

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    atomed and Nick9320 like this.
  5. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Promising mod...

But go on a track like daytona and you'll know something wrong with the car at high speed, especially on banking... it's like the car keeps on balancing one side to the other... very hard to keep 'straight'...
    And I'm not the only one noticing it... a lot of people I talked to in my league say the same thing (using various hardware...)

(Edit: one important precision... most people run their DD with heavily filtered FFB which could explain why some doesn't feel the issue... but everyone I know that run unfiltered signal... can feel something wrong for sure...)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024 at 1:17 AM