Maximum system requirements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gniewko, Jan 16, 2012.

1. gniewko

gniewko Registered

How about giving us, not only minimum/recommended, but also maximum system requirements that give us a view what kind of rig one has to have to be able to play in Full HD maxed out?

2. Bty

Bty Registered

It's a beta, chill out. Both the code and GPU drivers will be optimized before the final release.

BTW I have everything maxed out and I get about 70FPS online.

i5@4GHz + Nvidia 570@880

3. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Nobody will know until the game goes gold and even then incremental improvements will be made - not to mention that's a nigh-on impossible question to answer not only on such a huge range of systems on an ever-improving piece of software but on an open platform. Mods and even default content will increase in detail over time much as it did in rFactor. Not to mention you've given us no definition of what the minimum desired framerate and resolution is - but don't, it won't change the fact nobody can know.

4. Bty

Bty Registered

He said Full HD, aka 1080p aka 1920×1080

5. gniewko

gniewko Registered

I mean for only In Game original content, and playable FPS, let's say 50 FPS, of course they can not provide for mods all over the world and yeah, Bty explained wjat Full HD means. ok, thank you!

6. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

Maximum system requirements???

Does this mean if i would have a CPU with 12x5GHz, 32GB RAM, and a monstergraphic with with 10GB VRam etc., i can't play because the maximum system requirements is like 4x4GHz, 16GB and a graphic card with 4GB???

i'm really confused now...:confused:

7. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

With one screen, two or three? With Vsync enabled? What grid size? Which OS are we working with? What driver versions? What game version in an ever-improving piece of software? Do we have to take things like SSD vs HDD in to account? And are you aware just how much time and money it would take to provide gamers with a guide to bragging rights? And just how accurate do these have to be? The thing about recommended and minimum requirements is that the company can define what they think is reasonable, 'maximum' would be a testable claim by requirement and make them liable should someone with that system not get the desired result.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  8. Bty

Bty Registered

9. dano1990

dano1990 Registered

Ok i was just thinking of asking the same question here but gniewko has beaten me to it so let me rephrase what i think he/she (sorry it doesnt specify so i wont call you either or) is trying to ask,

As things stand now with the beta version, What system specs would one need to be able to run the game with all details on full, HDD enabled special effects on full etc etc?

If this is still unanswerable...

What would you guys in the community recomend as good spec gaming pc? If we were to go shopping tomorrow what sort of spec PC should we be looking to buy in order to fully enjoy such games?

10. Bty

Bty Registered

i52500k @ 4/5Ghz + Nvidia 570/580 or Ati 7970.

11. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

Just "Dont Panic"

12. Jiz0

Jiz0 Registered

When I run my i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz, and put only my GTX 285, I am abled to play rF2 maxed out w/ atleast 60 FPS.
    Edit: I'm playing in 1920x1080 Full HD, standart PCI-E port obv.
    So recommended system requirements are prolly something like:
    Intel Core i5 750 @ 3.03 GHz
    Nvidia GTX 260/ATi Radeon HD5670
    4GB RAM (1033MHz)

13. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

Same with GTX470 AMP and i5@3.4GHz :D

14. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Damn!

I've just bought a NASA mainframe but I have to throw it away. It's above the maximum system requirements!

:(

15. Jiz0

Jiz0 Registered

Why would you kinda throw it away, you can still over-rev the max. requirements, they're just recommended.
    You can still blast them to hell :))

16. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Maximum System Requirements? Sky's the limit :)

17. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

ahahah that is new rf2 breaking barriers, now with maximum system requirements
    if someone exceeds the hardware limit has to decrease the quality of the graphics to be able to play
    good physics ok, but we won´t accept good graphics in here

18. Bart S

Bart S Member

Ok so you want a good answer, heres the deal ATI/AMD isn't as well suppored as nVidia here, however my finding say you can get equally good results but while we are in beta seams like new problems keep arising anyway but if your good with your pc skills you can ma\tch nVidia for the same quality.

if you are intel user which I am and ATI/ AMD graphics :-
    q6600 quad or e8400/8500 will do proccy wise
    ddr2 1066 or over ram not sure whether this makes too much difference in rfactor.
    single screen at 1080p I think and I say I think 1gb of ram should be enough for graphics ram but in my findings of recent and I pay triple screen you need atleast 1.5gb - 2gb to play in full hd triple screen and an ati/amd gen 6000 or nvidia gtx 500 both mid to high end models will be enough for 1080p of u go 1080p triple screen you should go high end of these cards and possibly overclock them a little to keep around 60fps avg if you sli or xfire then no probs on graphics.
    I think if you on a core 2, quad core you will be ok over 2.8ghz and duel core atleast 3.2ghz.

The most important thing with rfactor is pretty much the graphics card and a decent fast ddr2 ram+ and motherboard to support it.
    I mean byou have to push good graphics power through a motherboard so you will need a mobo and ram and proccy that can supply the grahics card.
    Hope this helps if not then I probably drank too much vodka to make sence.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It's theoretically impossible to ever give maximum requirements, that is why no developer I have ever seen in the history of video games has done it. Every single new best performing CPU or GFX card changes it.

Just buy the best machine you can afford above the recommended requirements. Job done.