Matchmaker Subscription?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kyle House, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

well thats what a yearly subscription is! again details are very scarce and theres a lot of people jumping the gun, hope Tim is writing up a proper post about all this and soon otherwise I can see it dragging on for weeks!

2. THUNDERbreaks

THUNDERbreaks Registered

People should stop assumptions, and calm down a little. At the moment you are basically saying "please no subscriptions let's us pay more!" but if there are bugs later, troubles will comes. Never ever expect someone to fix bugs for free even if you pay 200€ now. Unconsciously they wont be as motivated as if they'll get paid later, if you know what I mean.
    I think the 1 year fee will keep things more fair, devs will get paid for improvements and supports, users won't be fooled by the "gimmie the money now, I'll try to fix it later" mentality of nowdays gaming industry.

3. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Registered

Ok, so as I see it, and I am just back in the garage, so my vantage point isn't as informed, ISI will offer a convenience to its customers for the ease of automatic updates and "matchmaking" service for multiplayer. Sounds like a good idea from the balance sheet perspective. ISI isn't EA, and they don't have an unlimited "money spigot" - most firms really don't - so they need to make profits where it's possible, and I am sure they do it keeping the customers' interests treated as should be. Just my two pence.

Derek

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Leagues doesn't need matchmaker at all.

I wouldn't try to analize why they want to provide paid service. It is up to them. Maybe they need money, maybe not. It is not our case. They just have right to make rules.
    In case of Hutch-SCO - maybe single league will left from the scene. WHo cares, since they cannot live without matchmaker.

5. Jux

Jux Registered

So subscription based distribution is for updates and no software have free updates? ... lol dude

Totally agree. Such a marketing scheme is made up by layers of Micro$oft, where you rent a licence for a period of time. It makes me sic, that it is moving into gaming world.

You say: "But you don't need to buy the subscription ... it is only "matchmaking" service". How the hell will I play online then? I don't race in leagues, I just want to visit the open races for fun. I am not going to dedicate my life to rF2.

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Simply, you will pay for possibility of using matchmaker.
    You will buy just a sim with possibility to race offline and online if you know where to connect.
    Other services may be paid.
    Note that buying rF2 doesn't mean that you bought all services available forever.

No one option will be removed from game. Buying game you buy also one year subscription (or it is given to you as a bonus if you want it this way). Just split sim it self from online services and you maybe will understand.. maybe.

7. David G Fisher

David G Fisher Registered

"How the hell will I play online then?"

How? Pay the fee. It's a tiny, miniscule fee that you obviously can afford if you can spend part of your life playing games, own a computer, and have an internet connection.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
  8. THUNDERbreaks

THUNDERbreaks Registered

Dull. Pretty obvious you didn't understand what I mean and I don't even bother with another explaination. Some people just want to bitch about everything. Go ahead.

9. Tripp

Tripp Registered

Hutch-SCO what are you angry for so much i now that www.sim-stox.co.uk a leauge that have many drivers and all drivers pay to race there.
    So members pay so people that host servers leauges server team speak and so on get paid !
    But you not allow rfactor makers ISI get some money for the work they do ?

Now i hope rfactor 2 shall cost 200 euro. and be the most expensive game in the world.

Or did i just missing what you mean ?

"we pay for our servers every year and have done for the last 5 years, when you start paying for your own server you might have an incline in to why server owners would seem a bit pissed at having them dissapear from the listings."

10. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

so you can charge yearly but they cant?...pwnt

11. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

What you slabbering on about tripp, the only thing stopping ISI from upping the price instead of a subscription is having plans to add more fee's.

If rf2 is going down the road of a subscription based game then our league will stick with rfactor.

How do you know its a miniscule fee david, and how many of these fees do you believe will occur, i can just see it now 'new dirt pack available' 20$ download now etc etc

12. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Jim, our members voted on an annual fee instead of donations, which is why our league has its own dedicated server which insures the survival of it.

We pay enough into rfactor without having to pay anymore for 'addons'....

13. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

ill bet you a years subscription you wont...

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I suspect you believe that rF1 matchmaker will be available for next 20 years, just because you bouught rf1 ;)

Sorry, I have to say but don't know how to name it to not be rude. Are you really such limited?
    It was stated 10 times at least. Matchmaker is not needed for leagues.

Believe me or not, your league is not only one which require some fee from members. But looks like other leagues are not dependent on MM as your one.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
  15. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Thought the graphics on rf2 wasnt good enough for you anyway maxym...

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What addons?

From everything said so far, you can continue to run your league and have everyone connect to your server without anyone having to pay for the matchmaker.

If you want to read more into it without getting more details, there's no point discussing it.

17. David G Fisher

David G Fisher Registered

How do I know it's a small fee? If it's less than the cost of the full game, it's a tiny fee IMO. If it's half, it's minescule. If it's less than that, than anyone who complains can't be in a position where they can afford to play games on a computer. Either that, or they are just monstrously cheap and like to b**ch.

18. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

19. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

So you want rf2 to go down the same road as iracing.... because this is where it starts.

If its going to be that tiny then add it to the price of the 'full game'

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Great. Conspiracy theories now. And the best part is, there's no way to disprove it... (or prove it...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.