many circuits but few cars with rF2!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

+1

Rushed mods...crappy mods. :)

2. martymoose

martymoose Registered

This is so true, the only ones complaining arent the true modders that appreciate the extra level of detail that RF2 gives them to make their mods much better. If some people want things to stay the same as in RF1 then I dont see why they just dont keep modding for it as it will do all they need. These modders take great pride in their work and want to do the best they can, with new tools available and a greater depth of simulation the great mods in RF2 will be uncomparable to RF1 mods. If you look at RF1 the modders well and truly have outdone the ISI built cars on many levels and if this happens in RF2 we will all be very happy simmers :D

I think many of the great modders will appreciate being able to make cars that are much more true to life then they could in the past, the beta was released more to give them an idea of what to expect so they can get 80% done before gold rather then waiting in the sidelines on just an announcement as AC has given until release and then pretty much start from scratch then.

AC looks promising and it will be great to have a choice in good sims if they both deliver and RF2 beta is well on the way IMHO. I have never done anything with NKP but if you look the very limited mod releases on that platform, then AC needs a huge step up to be modder friendly so jumping from RF1 to AC saying RF2 is too hard is rather funny. Making an announcement saying modder friendly means bugger all to be honest and if they want modders to work with their sim then they would be good to follow ISI and release a modders beta.

Thanks to ISI releasing a modders beta we will get more top quality releases in the first 6-12 months of gold compared to RF1 by giving the modders a bit of a head start.

3. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

No offense but one of the people complaining about rF2 starting to get too complicated is ****ing Niels Heusinkveld.

4. martymoose

martymoose Registered

LOL hes just a rookie :D

Also being beta means its not final and things may change so some things may be simplified in the actual way things are done and packaged. Thats the other part of the Beta process modders can state their concerns and if possible ISI can make these things less of a PITA to do if possible.

It is a big change from RF1 though for someone that may have mastered that and may need to relearn a few things especially when talking tyres.

5. dandar

dandar Registered

Some Hot Rods/Rat Rods, e.x. Ford 5 Window Coupe / Roadster / Model A / Tudor ... with several upgrades to choose like supercharged, turbocharged, nos, etc.
    If u want to know, the most difficult part is scripting their historical suspension due to the lack of precise technical info related to the calculations used in that time.
    And thanks for asking ;)

6. canastos

canastos Registered

I think it's also on modder's mind what's happened with Enduracers: nobody would like to put a lot of hours modeling a car that could be banned by any "too aware" constructor; better don't let the baby be killed before he's born ;-)

byyyyyyyyyye

7. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

You are not alone :D

[​IMG]

One thing why modders don't release beta cars is because nobody wants to hear how their cars are "broken, unfinished crap".

8. dandar

dandar Registered

Wayyyy to gooo :D let me finish my crappy modelling and i'll be sending you some imgs :)

9. Domi

Domi Registered

You are right, but ISI should give more accurate information/tutorials/tools etc, specially for the new tire model.

10. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

About which they said that it won't happen during beta period ;) If I remember it right, then it will probably come, but only sometime when it rF2 is gold